03/24/14, 10:36 PM   #1
randy6987
Inventory/Bank Manager

I'm looking for an addon that would let me either mail to a guild member/friend or put into bank all of the materials for a specific tradeskill. I imagine it would be fairly simple if enough information is exposed on each item to know what tradeskill it is used for, but I hadn't started looking at addons until after the last beta. Even if items had to be mapped manually and stored in an xml file I can't see that list getting unmanageable.

Originally I thought it would be great to have materials mailed to a crafting char immediately after gathering, but I'd imagine that would be viewed as an exploit with the volume of mail it would create.

Would love recommendations or thoughts.
03/25/14, 12:06 AM   #2
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by randy6987 View Post
put into bank all of the materials for a specific tradeskill
Once I can figure out what function is being used to move things from your inventory to your bank (they are both bags in game terms), this shouldn't be too difficult.
03/25/14, 01:20 AM   #3
skyraker
Well, I wrote something up but the only function I can find that seems to move inventory is a protected function. Problem with it is that if ZO only wants us to be able to deposit items using a mouse click or button press then this almost becomes pointless.

I'll continue working on it, or maybe someone may see something better than I can.
03/25/14, 02:33 AM   #4
Vuelhering
Protected might work fine. Private will not.
03/25/14, 07:41 AM   #5
randy6987
I'd love to learn lua, most of my exp is with C#. How can you test stuff right now without ESO being live?
03/25/14, 07:52 AM   #6
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Originally Posted by randy6987 View Post
I'd love to learn lua, most of my exp is with C#. How can you test stuff right now without ESO being live?
ESO specific stuff, you can't. Lua specific stuff you could possibly if you have the software installed. I think I downloaded WinLua last week so I could test out how the metatables worked as I have never played with those before.
03/25/14, 08:37 AM   #7
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
Feel free to break open Wykkyd's Outfitter to see how I move gear. Works wonderfully. I cannot recall the commands off the top of my head or I'd mention them specifically.
03/25/14, 10:43 AM   #8
skyraker
You use EquipItem and UnequipItem, but I do not know if those will work on 'unequippable items'. Does give the option to choose which 'bag' though so may be possible.

I was thinking about using PlaceInInventory, but without more information about how that interfaces with an object I cannot be certain if I am even using it right.
03/25/14, 08:52 PM   #9
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by skyraker View Post
You use EquipItem and UnequipItem, but I do not know if those will work on 'unequippable items'. Does give the option to choose which 'bag' though so may be possible.

I was thinking about using PlaceInInventory, but without more information about how that interfaces with an object I cannot be certain if I am even using it right.
Doh, yes that's correct. Sorry.

TransferToGuildBank(*integer* _sourceBag_, *integer* _sourceSlot_)
TransferFromGuildBank(*integer* _slotId_)
CheckInventorySpaceSilently(*integer* _numItems_)

Those are documented and not private or protected. I am not near the game right now so I can't test but there very well may be TransferToBank() and TransferFromBank() equivalents as the docs are not 100%.

PlaceInInventory being protected... I have no idea how well that will work. I don't have a lot of experience with protected functions at the moment.

Last edited by Wykkyd : 03/25/14 at 09:02 PM.
03/30/14, 04:00 PM   #10
skyraker
To the OP: Still working on this. I'll try and comb over more things tonight now that I have a day off.
04/01/14, 07:49 AM   #11
skyraker
I'm not even sure I will be able to adequately test using PlaceInInventory. Running a test of this throws an error for attempting to access 'a private function' from insecure code.
04/09/14, 11:25 AM   #12
beeradg
protected functions

I submitted an addon that uses the "protected" functions - and works.

Here's a git repo https://github.com/bradgearon/eso-stuff

Stuff.lua line 11 and 14 are the important chunks...
04/09/14, 03:39 PM   #13
Doskias51
I was looking for an add-on like this too today. Looking to be able to deposit trade-skill items in personal bank and guild-bank upon opening them up or a click-able button to deposit all. Hopefully someone figures it out. I can see alot of people looking for something like this. Kudos to who ever gets this going. Good luck.
04/09/14, 04:03 PM   #14
beeradg
I posted something

In the reply above I posted something like what you are looking for:

Finds items that are in your bank and in your inventory (upon opening the bank) and merges them to your bank
04/11/14, 04:02 PM   #15
Doskias51
Originally Posted by beeradg View Post
In the reply above I posted something like what you are looking for:

Finds items that are in your bank and in your inventory (upon opening the bank) and merges them to your bank
Sorry for sounding ignorant (which I am due to lack of knowledge of lua)

So is it an actual addon that has current function that a player can use out of the box? or Is it for addon developers to use to make an addon that can be configured.

If it is a ready to go addon, is there any documentation stating the commands to configure it or filter what gets deposited? or Is does this just deposit tradeskill items into your bank as is?
04/11/14, 05:35 PM   #16
beeradg
It is a functional addon

It is a functional addon which works out of the box and requires no configuration.

On opening your bank it scans the items in your bags and bank and any stacks in your bank that are not full it will fill with matching items in your inventory. It does not matter what the item is as long as there is at least one of said item in your bank and the number or which is less than that items max stack.

Consider the following examples:

Player has 4 stacks of rawhide in their bags for some reason they have been split into stacks of 15 each
Player has 2 stacks of rawhide in their bank, one of 75 and one of 85
Upon opening the bank the 85 stack will get 15 making a stack of 100 and the 75 will get 25 making another stack of 100
The player will be left with one stack of 20 rawhide in their inventory and have 200 rawhide in the bank

Another player has one stack of 40 rawhide in their inventory
Player has one stack of 40 in their bank
Upon opening the bank, the player will have no rawhide in their inventory and one stack of 80 in their bank

Hopefully that makes more sense... I submitted it to this site the morning after writing it (and finding the lame callsecureprotected thing) and it is still not listed here for some reason. But you can grab it on github if you want and stick it in your addons folder.

Let me know if you have ideas, etc and thanks.
04/11/14, 05:58 PM   #17
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Hmm, is your addon showing as pending acceptance ? If not, check if you had any messages explaining what happened. Otherwise try again. I've never had anything not accepted within 24 hrs or sooner unless there was a problem with it.
04/11/14, 06:14 PM   #18
beeradg
I have checked...

Where can I find the pending acceptance thing? So I had originally uploaded a zip and created a git repo for it... Only just now actually pushed the git repo though (since I have it on github)... Could it be because I create a git repo for it? I did just post a support request regarding the issue. I was able to find the addon as pending the morning I submitted it - but since later that day I cannot... Maybe they killed it as spam because of the dumb name? I kinda thought "Stuff" was fitting, since it stuffs things (something that should be supported oob imo...).
04/11/14, 06:19 PM   #19
beeradg
I'm resubmitting it "Bank Stuffer"

Just in case I'm resubmitting it as "Bank Stuffer"
04/11/14, 06:31 PM   #20
beeradg
Wow, that was quick

Seems to be up now! Sweet

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Inventory/Bank Manager