04/14/15, 10:37 AM   #1
JohnnyKing94

Any addons with player names above the heads

Are there any addons that show the name (or some text) of the player above the heads of each characthers?? If there are not any, is it possible to make this one and where to start?
04/14/15, 11:15 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We can't add textures or texts above the ingame graphics. Addons can only change existing textures at some points or chnage the menus + behaviour etc. that got nothing to do with the graphics ingame.

As we can only get information about players we interact with, or at least we have the crosshair above them, or we are grouped with, there might be no way to add information about players "that stand in your line of sight" :-(

There are some addons that cna change the crosshair/reticle, show information about guilds, friends etc., change the color of the names shown at the reticle if you know the players.

-RainbowReticle
-Combat Reticle
-Info reticle
Just search for reticle

Or:
-TargetLookup
-ThurisazGuildInfo
04/14/15, 12:01 PM   #3
JohnnyKing94

but is possible to print some text in CHAT or in the HEALTH BAR (like a title of honor, eg: Admin Author etc) visible only to players who have the addon?
04/14/15, 01:37 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What do you want to achieve with the addon?

You want to see some text at the player's reticle/health bar for those playernames/accountnames where you have saved the text before at a special input mask (like the friends list)?
This could be possible I think.

But as said before:
You can only see this text if you move the reticle over the player character, and it will not be shown if you just look around and the player is walking next to you.
You need to look directly at him and your crosshair must "touch" him to get the information about his account etc.
04/14/15, 01:52 PM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
i guess he want smthing like Chat Bubbles addon but with permanent nick over head of every player

like in LineAge or WOW

but i hope it not gonna happends - ESO must looks not like this games
04/15/15, 01:57 AM   #6
JohnnyKing94

What i want to achieve is having a title (like i said, eg Addon Author) before the name between "[" "]" or with color in target/chat/health bar positions, if it's possible to add a pemanent chat bubble that shows your name upper your head, then it's sublime, but basically i'm finding something that shows this title in the basic positions

This is a image link showing the position i mean: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._47_37_182.jpg

Same thing if you target someone. If you have installed the addon, and the addon says to show this title on a character having this name, i wanted in the same positions i described before, here another link image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._49_26_413.jpg

I hope I was clear this time
04/15/15, 06:04 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
This chat bubble (screen 1) above other heads cannot be done by addons as far as I know. It will only be shown if other players write something and you have enabeld the chat bubbles.
So an addon is not able to produce this chat bubble with the name (or "Addon author") of the other player above his head.

The text shown at screen 2 is changeable though, or at least you can add additional icons and text and position it next to the name. You need to hover the reticle mouse cursor above the player, as I said before.
But then you can see the name + additional information that an addon provides you.
This is how e.g. the addon "TargetLookup" works, check it out.
It will show you the player's character class and the fraction information as icons.

If you want to show if the player you hover the reticle over is an addon author you need to store the information about the addon authors somewhere! There is no database that the game can use to see if some account or playername is an addon author.
You need to collect these information ("@account_name", "player name") manually and someone needs to put them into a table in an addon and then show the information at the reticle for you.

Perhaps you can talk to the addon author of "TargetLookup" or "rainbowReticle" if they can add such a request for you.
04/15/15, 06:15 AM   #8
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
This chat bubble (screen 1) above other heads cannot be done by addons as far as I know.
long before this feature was add to the game by ZOS

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7...s-Revived.html
04/15/15, 07:47 AM   #9
JohnnyKing94

Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post

So is it possible to include a bubble and make it permanent?? I saw this addon and it's outdated, and its date of publish was way long before chat bubble (in update 5) was released, so basically adding a bubble wasn't so hard back then??? what changed now?
04/15/15, 09:46 AM   #10
Ayantir

no it's not possible
04/15/15, 05:15 PM   #11
DeanGrey

Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post

That does not do what is being asked. Nothing can add names above a players head. All the addon you linked to does is add text to the screen when someone talks. It is impossible, there simply is no way to do it and if there were it would probably be patched out with the following update. Heck, it would probably be disabled from being downloaded here before being patched out like Jumper was at launch.
04/16/15, 08:12 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thx Dean, this is what I told him twice before :-)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Any addons with player names above the heads