02/16/14, 06:21 PM   #1
indopan
A "tell me when to block" addon

So I'm a mmorpg player that has ventured into some common online games like wow, swtor and rift who tried 2 of the past eso betas I found that the concept of blocking attacks as a form of melee and ranged defence seems kind of mandatory and also something kind of foreign to me. It seemed difficult to determine when the best moments to use block and when the best moments to attack were. From what I've heard the developers talking about it seems like they are making it a key part of combat. So an addon that would basically spam some message telling me to block enemies power attacks when they're coming in (and probably an addon telling me when to interrupt enemy spell casting) would be at the top of my wish list to make the combat properly playable.
02/16/14, 06:24 PM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It did take me a while to get that timing off .. still not getting them every time but only done 2 weekends of testing so I'm sure I'll get it down pat but I can see the need of a heads up being useful.
02/16/14, 06:32 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
In the game settings, you may turn on combat tips. This will give you messages on screen to help you learn.
02/16/14, 07:26 PM   #4
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Ah yeah, I found them and it did help a lot. Worth doing next time you get to play.
02/17/14, 03:11 AM   #5
zork

OP is not that wrong. One could use the combat tip event (hopefully there is one) and based on that info create a more valuable warning. Like a shield texture or the like.
02/17/14, 03:56 PM   #6
DROG VOKUN

When enemy has a white charge up glow, block. When red, bash them with an interrupt if you can or block if you can't. That simple, the game itself gives you clear signs of when to do something.
02/17/14, 06:11 PM   #7
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Ah, never noticed a colour change to the visual attack move. I'll have to watch for that next time.
02/17/14, 06:45 PM   #8
DROG VOKUN

It's pretty obvious in PVE, PVP is a bit trickier...but honestly a mod that tells you when to block a player attack is blatant cheating :P
02/26/14, 04:08 PM   #9
pvpLeeter
Can you make me one that automatically does it?

Also I would like an auto interrupt that would use the appropriate skill as long as I have it slotted.

How long would it take to make this? Before launch possibly?
02/26/14, 04:10 PM   #10
pvpLeeter
Originally Posted by DROG VOKUN View Post
It's pretty obvious in PVE, PVP is a bit trickier...but honestly a mod that tells you when to block a player attack is blatant cheating :P
I have seen the video of one that already does that or maybe it just tells you when to interrupt their cast.
05/21/15, 07:46 AM   #11
Argusus
Combat cloud is a pretty nice addon that has "block now" "exploit now" "low magicka" and other combat status feed back. This might suit your needs.
05/21/15, 07:48 AM   #12
Argusus
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info281-CombatCloud.html

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » A "tell me when to block" addon