03/14/14, 04:35 PM   #1
Drezlo
[Crafting Mod] for Unknown Item Traits.

So if you're anything like me, and love crafting, you hold on to EVERY green item with a trait on it for it's potential to have researchable traits.

Here lies the problem, I now have a bank full of useless green items, many of which I already know the traits for, which are mixed in with some I am yet to research.

I'm requesting an add-on that makes items with unknown traits more identifiable. Maybe a small border green border around items not yet learned, and a red around those already known.

Or maybe just a star next to the item name so it's not so overwhelming.
The design is up to you, but it'd be nice to have a way to distinguish the items containing unknown traits to those containing traits that are already known.

Anyone else agree?
Lets make this happen!
03/14/14, 10:38 PM   #2
Drezlo
Here's some pictures of how I feel it would look.

Single Item:

Inventory:

Deconstruction Window:

Green Graduation Cap = This Item has a Trait on it that you can research. You don't know this trait for this item yet, give it a GO.

Red Graduation Cap = This Item has a trait on it you already know, STOP holding on to it.

Red Hour Glass = You're in the process of researching this trait, again STOP wasting bank space with this.

It would obviously apply to the bank, guild bank, guild store, vendors, trades (and maybe loot windows?) as well, but I figured you got the point.

PS: If you feel the Icons on the Inventory Windows and Deconstruction Windows are too overwhelming, even just including the icons for the individual item would be a huge help (see image #1). Or the option to toggle icons on particular windows so you could have the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Drezlo : 03/14/14 at 10:46 PM.
03/17/14, 09:22 AM   #3
Lumarion
Something like that would be really great!
I had the same problem
03/18/14, 05:20 PM   #4
Drezlo
Originally Posted by Lumarion View Post
Something like that would be really great!
I had the same problem
I knew I couldn't be the only one who saw some value in this!
03/18/14, 05:35 PM   #5
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'd like to tackle this, but I didn't do much crafting in the beta events and don't have access to the PTS server, so anything from me would be a couple weeks out, at least.

If someone else does take this project on instead of me, I only ask that you make sure it doesn't interfere with my Grid View mod.
03/18/14, 10:18 PM   #6
Drezlo
Originally Posted by ingeniousclown View Post
I'd like to tackle this, but I didn't do much crafting in the beta events and don't have access to the PTS server, so anything from me would be a couple weeks out, at least.

If someone else does take this project on instead of me, I only ask that you make sure it doesn't interfere with my Grid View mod.
No rush, I just appreciate the fact that an add-on author will be taking the time to make this happen.
Thanks in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated!
03/19/14, 02:46 PM   #7
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
If I did something similar to this myself for my crafting fun I don't usually hook into existing addons/functionality and make changes purely for the reason it may break other addons etc. If anything I would add some sort of facility to recognise or be informed of items that are sellable, maybe, as I have mentioned in another thread, alongside a research tracking window that would show how much research time you have left.
03/19/14, 05:24 PM   #8
Taiisien

I love this idea, and the concept art Drezlo has looks perfect to me. I also really like the idea for a timer that Xrystal has, I am a craftaholic in all games even when it is definitely not worth the time spent and I always radiate towards working on / with authors on crafting mods. Keep those ideas coming.

~Taiisien
03/19/14, 05:42 PM   #9
Ravenslock
Hello wonderful people!
Very nice idea!
I would add a request to pur an icon like SET1 or even simpler to mark the item you have Bound into an Equipment set saved for use.
I would go crazy if I deleted/scraped a piece of armor or a weapon I am using for Secondary specs. It is very hard to keep all in mind and it is time consuming to equip each set 1 or 2 time to be use all is ok. Could you please tell it to the wardrobe Authors too?
Thanks a lot for the nice work.
To go on ESO needs you!
03/19/14, 07:27 PM   #10
Taiisien

for something like what Ravenslock is describing you could even make it something "simple" like adding an additional color to the icon, say orange or yellow so you know that it has been learned yet is part of a set, and have a tooltip on hover that says the set it belongs to.
03/19/14, 07:30 PM   #11
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
All good ideas. Hopefully possible in some degree. Only time will tell. The crafting timer was someone else's idea in another thread and one I heard/saw mentioned somewhere either in game or on this site.
03/20/14, 06:14 PM   #12
Vuelhering
Drezlo, I've been writing something like this that will help. I've been coding it (blind, since I don't have PTR access), and I'll certainly run into some problems.

However, part of my project is helping you deal with crafting (as it keeps track of traits on items). There weren't any plans to show crafting timers (as it was primarily designed to help with inventory), but I might be able to add that.
03/20/14, 06:53 PM   #13
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Sounds great. Will help you test it once we get back in game
03/21/14, 12:28 AM   #14
Drezlo
Sounds awesome guys. A lot of good additional ideas in here as well.
I can't wait to try some of these crafting add-ons out.
04/02/14, 06:24 AM   #15
Drezlo
Any update on this? I'm very pleased with the crafting timer AddOn, and would love to get this one added to my arsenal as well

Originally Posted by Taiisien View Post
for something like what Ravenslock is describing you could even make it something "simple" like adding an additional color to the icon, say orange or yellow so you know that it has been learned yet is part of a set, and have a tooltip on hover that says the set it belongs to.
(Hey Taiisiien It's Konv1cT)
04/02/14, 08:18 AM   #16
ingeniousclown
I'm splitting my time between developing and playing, and with a full-time job the two add-ons I have have taken a lot of time >_<

However, as of last night I realized that I really, REALLY would like something like this. I plan on starting when I get home this evening, but I have a hectic week and haven't done a lot of research (lawl) into this add-on yet so I can't give you an estimate on when it'll be done.

HOWEVER however, this add-on has a lot of similarities with my Inventory Grid View mod and possibly the same function hook, so I luckily already have a good amount of working knowledge on the inventory controls system
04/03/14, 01:04 AM   #17
ingeniousclown
Hey guys, I've spent the whole evening into the night working on this, but I got it done(?). It is fairly rough and lightly tested (I spend more time coding than playing these days so my inventory collection sucks :P) but HERE IT IS!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...Assistant.html

This is much, much more difficult than I anticipated it being. I think half of it was just me working too hard and coding on a tired brain. Anyway, please let me know how it works.
04/10/14, 10:45 AM   #18
FerventPiranha
I just wanted to say I love this addon and appreciate all the work that went into it. I had been using a spreadsheet I made and checking everything constantly - very time consuming. This makes everything a breeze.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Crafting Mod] for Unknown Item Traits.