05/13/14, 08:09 PM   #1
sylance
[Request] Raid / Party Markers!

Ok as a healer/raid leader this has to be the most painstakingly terrible game to group/heal in due to lack of target markers and name plates. Since I have no devoted single target heals if someone is damaged they can never find me to run to me for heals, and some are always attacking the wrong targets.

Please please please please can someone make a simple raid/party target marker addon!!?!?!?

<3
05/15/14, 11:50 AM   #2
Tonyleila

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think its impossible since addons can't communitacte in ESO. You coud give the healer the leader so it has a different mark. There are many addons that change the leader mark like:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info284-GroupLeader.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...oupLeader.html
05/24/14, 08:59 AM   #3
sylance
Unhappy

yea I liked the crown change with party lead. The problem Im having is A) in instances people are hitting the wrong mobs first and B) (this is he MOST annoying) as healer in say like Cyrodill ill have a party member to the left of me taking massive damage and one on the right Not taking damage, I cant tell who is who all I can see in all that chaos is their carrot in combat so I have to make a choice and run towards one to try and heal them before death and normally I choose poorly

this is terrible news that a addon cannot be made for this. this game is in DIRE need of target markers
05/24/14, 11:49 AM   #4
gamegenius86

You can turn on health bars over players / enemy heads. Its nothing great, but it does help.

And tony is correct. There is no way to communicate between players to "mark" a target I, II, III etc. And to be honest i don't think anything of this nature will be available via the API as there are MANY missing components (mainly that to know where a unit is on the screen to draw something around them). I would love to see ZO add the ability for add-ons to communicate between themselves, I don't believe this would be hard, and would definitely add the ability to do SO MUCH more with our add-ons.
05/24/14, 11:52 AM   #5
thelegendaryof

We're just discussing something similiar here:

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1571

Right now there has been a post made in the official forums asking if it 's allowed and could be expanded toward Group-Notes.
If they give a positive answer something like this would be very well possible (and who know 's maybe a wonder happens
and they even implement a proper communication API).

Cheers!
05/26/14, 04:21 PM   #6
zgrssd
Originally Posted by sylance View Post
Ok as a healer/raid leader this has to be the most painstakingly terrible game to group/heal in due to lack of target markers and name plates. Since I have no devoted single target heals if someone is damaged they can never find me to run to me for heals, and some are always attacking the wrong targets.

Please please please please can someone make a simple raid/party target marker addon!!?!?!?

<3
Actually this is unessesary in ESO. Just a few basic rules help (and I had to give simialr explanations in any MMO with PUG's, so it is not a ESO problem):
Tank goes for toughest, non-CC'ed foes first. Do not try to tank whole group (that does not work in ESO)
DPS go for: ENEMY HEALERS FIRST(!*). Then Ranged Foes. Then Melee Foes. Thoughest foes Last (also like in any MMO). Don't break CC. And for Alessias sake, you Interrupt and Revive peopel as DPS. Tank and healer are usually too busy.

*I cannot stress that enough. If I have to hunt for enemy healers as the healer one more time...

Everyone keep in FRONT of the Healer. And try to keep together for the AoE heal. Don't run too far from him either.
Healer: You primary heals are Resto Staff Heals. Templer has some nice passives, but mostly expensive burst heals.
If you have nothing more important to cast, attack with healing staff to Trigger Essence Drain. It's free heals and the enemies go down faster. Win/Win.
Try to keep the first skill (Regeneration, long therm hot) active all the time. Use FTC or other buff tracker to have at least a timer on yourself (so you do not overcast it and waste mana). It will hit people without the hot first, then people with least duraction left. And it is the only one that goes into 360°
If multiple start dropping, use the second skill (Grand Healing, short term hot). It heals a lot more in shorter time, but also cost more mana per heal.
You can use the 3rd Skill (Blessing of Protection) to preemtively boost defenses agaisnt first wave of attacks or when special aoe's fire and you want to make certain people are protected as good as possible if they should fail the dodge.
4th Skill (Steadfast Ward, the Shield) is your emergency heal. It tagets the lowest HP player in front of you. Existing shields are considered for this calculation (so if you have two down, jsut cast it twice).
5th Skill (Force Siphon) effectively that gives all your allies Vampiric healing agaisnt the tagged target.
- so cast it on the toughest foe and keep it online. At least it will simplify healing the Tank (becaue his attacks now heal him too). At best it will also heal the DPS, regardless of their relative position (using ranged while behind you/out of range) once they attack the target.

Also note: If you meet people in teh open world, cast the first Skill on everyone. While they are affected by one of your HoT's, all damage of other players wil be counted as your damage as far as Kill Credit and Loot Rolls are concerned.

Last edited by zgrssd : 05/26/14 at 04:26 PM.
05/27/14, 05:32 PM   #7
Sasky
There are currently 4 different markers that show above group members (normal, in combat, leader, leader in combat), but none of these are currently adjustable by addons. You can get the LFG preferences for healer/tank/dd, but the best you can do is show that on the group frame. Best case would be if they let addons adjust group member markers (or even color them), but it would require changes from Zenimax.

For marking targets, there are a few skills that do provide a nice visual effect that can be used to mark. Quick siphon's cast effect, purifying light templar, mark target nightblade, etc. And I guess nothing says "I'm attacking this target" like the world soul strike ultimate Beyond using one of those skills (or even using them) it's pretty much up to group co-ordination through chat or VoiP. I doubt they'll open up the API up enough for that to ever get into addons, as the in-combat stuff is locked down pretty tight.

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
Healer: You primary heals are Resto Staff Heals. Templer has some nice passives, but mostly expensive burst heals.
If you have nothing more important to cast, attack with healing staff to Trigger Essence Drain. It's free heals and the enemies go down faster. Win/Win.
Try to keep the first skill (Regeneration, long therm hot) active all the time. Use FTC or other buff tracker to have at least a timer on yourself (so you do not overcast it and waste mana). It will hit people without the hot first, then people with least duraction left. And it is the only one that goes into 360°
If multiple start dropping, use the second skill (Grand Healing, short term hot). It heals a lot more in shorter time, but also cost more mana per heal.
You can use the 3rd Skill (Blessing of Protection) to preemtively boost defenses agaisnt first wave of attacks or when special aoe's fire and you want to make certain people are protected as good as possible if they should fail the dodge.
4th Skill (Steadfast Ward, the Shield) is your emergency heal. It tagets the lowest HP player in front of you. Existing shields are considered for this calculation (so if you have two down, jsut cast it twice).
5th Skill (Force Siphon) effectively that gives all your allies Vampiric healing agaisnt the tagged target.
- so cast it on the toughest foe and keep it online. At least it will simplify healing the Tank (becaue his attacks now heal him too). At best it will also heal the DPS, regardless of their relative position (using ranged while behind you/out of range) once they attack the target.

Also note: If you meet people in teh open world, cast the first Skill on everyone. While they are affected by one of your HoT's, all damage of other players wil be counted as your damage as far as Kill Credit and Loot Rolls are concerned.
That is one way to heal. I've done a lot of healing in dungeons (up to the first tier of vet dungeons) as a Templar and hardly ever touch the restoration skills. I mainly use the purify circle and the large burst heal. Purify circle gives a HoT, applies passives to heals (+30%), and allows the synergy to remove negative effects. For the burst heal, just make sure you're getting your mana's worth as it can hit close to 1k at VR5. The party can be more spread out just fine and not need to be concentrated in front of healer, which really helps for some bosses.

Don't dismiss the request as unwarranted because a particular style of healing (in dungeons only) avoids the issue. Regardless, it doesn't work for a 24-man raid group spread out along a siege line in PvP, even if most are on VoIP.
05/29/14, 01:42 AM   #8
zamalek
Originally Posted by sylance View Post
target markers and name plates
Sadly this isn't possible. I really, really tried (before they released the leader icon).

The first issue is that the party icons are not part of the UI (don't believe me? Get into a party and hide your UI) - this means that addons have no access to them.

Undeterred I decided I would do the 3D projection myself and overlay a UI element over the party icons. NOPE! The camera function doesn't return the pitch (up/down of the camera) and you can't get the Y coordinate of other players.

Basically it's impossible.
05/29/14, 02:32 AM   #9
lyravega
You can manipulate markers, but to some extent. I'm sure there is a hidden function somewhere, to be discovered :P

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Raid / Party Markers!