04/07/14, 08:10 PM   #1
raykai

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
characters addons profiles settings import/export

It seems that we need to reconfigure all these addons on all characters , can we get a addons "profiles" that i can save addons settings from 1 character and load onto another ?
04/07/14, 09:11 PM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Addons can choose to have either character profiles or account profiles. I find that account profiles are better unless the addon is too character specific to make it account wide.

You would have to ask the addon writers in question to either add a converter function to transfer to another character or a flag and table for the whole account to use.

ZO_SavedVars:NewAccountWide
ZO_SavedVars:New

These are the two functions that set up the saved variables, I used the account wide one in my gatherer addon as gathering is not a skill as such so everyone can use it equally and its handy to have the data available on a new character rather than start over or go through a copydata routine when it isn't needed.
04/10/14, 01:12 PM   #3
James405
Or atleast have the ability to import settings from other characters or have the settings import to new characters from the old character. Most people usually want similar settings between characters.
04/10/14, 02:58 PM   #4
Iyanga
The problem is that you can't extract the name of the variable the other addon uses; neither access the lua files itself on the harddisk to parse them. Not to mention that the addon would need to know your character name you want the data from for the import - a character that is _not_ active.

A small application which runs outside TESO could be used to manage variables. But as this would be executable code, I doubt it could get hosted here.
04/10/14, 03:32 PM   #5
StealthStalker
Perhaps a feature of Minion some day?
04/11/14, 07:32 PM   #6
Rhynchelma
Premium Member
Premium Member
Is there something about ESO's implementation of lua/APi that makes this impossible? It's pretty routine in WoW add ons.
04/11/14, 07:48 PM   #7
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I think what you will find is that the WOW addons probably wrote a special function that access a third saved variable table that stored ALL the characters data in one table, thus duplicating the data. You would have to look at how a WOW addon dealt with the scenario and see if a similar set of functions exist in ESO. Bear in mind that some things that WOW could do ESO can't, and vice versa I expect.

Character based saved variables ONLY accessible by character
Account saved variables accessible by all characters

If that is the case ESO can do the same, theoretically, ..

Create an AccountWide table for account wide data
AccountData = { var1 = "", var2 = "" }
Create a standard table for character specific data
CharData = { var3 = "", var4 = "" }
Create an AccountWide table and store a copy of the character specific data
AllCharData = { CharData1 = { var3 = "", var4 = "" }, CharData2 = { var3 = "",var4 = ""} }
etc

That way if you need to copy from character 1 to character 2 you can by copying the information from one part of the account wide table to another.
04/19/14, 10:39 PM   #8
Joviex

Originally Posted by raykai View Post
It seems that we need to reconfigure all these addons on all characters , can we get a addons "profiles" that i can save addons settings from 1 character and load onto another ?
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...sTransfer.html

It is my first 100% original, literally just posted.

It will let you copy non-global settings, per addon, in bulk, from a master character to all other selected characters.

Test away!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » characters addons profiles settings import/export