08/08/21, 09:24 AM   #1
Grafty
Question Looking for way to hide the companion ultimate keybind text in gamepad UI

https://imgur.com/a/G9uITGq

Ive tried pretty much everything to get rid of this, in the gamepad UI there doesnt seem to be any way to hide the keybind info from showing up, and to boot it shows the default binding even if you change it to something else. Ive tried a lot of addons like Hide Some Things, FCO Changestuff, Changes, multiple overhaul mods like Bandits and AUI (normally i use LUI) and nothing has worked.

TBH, preferably, id like to just completely hide the companion ultimate button as I plan on keeping it on auto cast and not thinking about it.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has any tips.
08/08/21, 12:48 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In chat try this script:

/script CompanionUltimateButton:SetHidden(true)

If this works add the line without the /script in front of it to any of your addons callback function of EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED (if given).
If not add this to any of your addons:

Lua Code:
  1. local function hideCompanionUltimate()
  2.   local ultiButtonCompanion = CompanionUltimateButton
  3.   if ultiButtonCompanion ~=nil and not ultiButtonCompanion:IsHidden() then
  4.     ultiButtonCompanion:SetHidden(true)
  5.   end
  6. end
  7. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("nameOfTheAddonYouHaveAddedTheEVentToHere", EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED, function(event, isFirst)
  8.    hideCompanionUltimate()
  9. end)

I have added this to FCOCompanion soon as it also needs to update the visibility after a weapon pair/bar switch e.g.
It will flicker shortly after a weapon pair switch but that shouldn't be an issue, hopefully.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/08/21 at 01:22 PM.
08/08/21, 07:38 PM   #3
Grafty
Hey thanks for taking the time to reply!

Unfortunately for me it didnt do the trick. Tried out the /script you posted and then your addon with that new update you put in, and when I weapon swap it the Companion ultimate icon goes away, but then seemingly doing anything that starts the GCD brings it back again, and so on. Not sure if this works on non controller UI? I didnt check.

Anyway, Im deff gonna stay subscribed to your addon FCO Companions on Minion and hope for the best! For now Ill just live with it, I am not nearly smart enough to do anything myself to fix this lol thx again!
08/09/21, 04:29 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Please tell me what unhides the ultimate slot again in controller mode. Which skill do I need to use e.g.?
08/09/21, 01:01 PM   #5
Grafty
It seemed like dodge rolling is what unhid it for me
08/10/21, 02:50 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Okay, "it seemed" is not very precise though I'll try it out but if it does not unhide for me in gamepad mode:

If you can tell a reliable way I will try the same and see why the action bars get an update + visibility change then.
Thanks
08/11/21, 04:47 PM   #7
Grafty
haha true i guess being precise is good for modding and code n stuff. trying it again, anything that triggers the gcd will cause the ultimate window to re appear, and bar swapping hides it again.

It could just be an issue on my end and for everyone else its fine, if its working for you. Oh well! thanks tho

Also side note, any idea of how i could get rid of just keybind text and not just the whole button?

EDIT: Seems like turning off a function i had on in LUI showing the GCD makes it not re appear when i trigger the GCD, but it will still re appear when dodge roll. If that information is valuable or not idk, just thought id throw it out there.

Last edited by Grafty : 08/11/21 at 05:02 PM.
08/11/21, 05:21 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
At first: testing 1 addon should be done with that 1 addon and NO other addons enabled first to see if it's the addon or any other.
This is saving time for all involved persons

I'll have a look into the dodge roll thing then but won't work on anything that LUI might cause/change, sorry, as LUI is changing and doing soo much... And I'm not using LUI sorry.

But I remember there was some setting within either LUI or AUI which was removing they keybind texts only, you had asked for?
08/11/21, 05:58 PM   #9
Grafty
aight my bad i made this account to ask about this issue, I am not well versed on the mod scene so some obvious things go over my head sometimes.

If that issue isnt an issue on your end, consider it solved and its just my problem lol

But for the keybind text, any combination of mods, no mods, all the mods, i cant get that to hide with any "hide keybind text" in the general interface or any addon settings I have tried. The only solution ive seen is just to hide the button entirely like with your addon.
08/12/21, 12:45 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm sure there was an addon doing exactly this as I had already found out what control name it is and how to hide it + wrote it to the addon's comments. Dang, which one was it I thought it was one of these total UI overhauls like LUI Extended, AUI.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for way to hide the companion ultimate keybind text in gamepad UI