12/08/23, 10:24 PM   #1
Taswolf24
Need a different way to have a couple of Addons for ESO Minions is not an option

I need other options pls, for being able to use Addons for ESO, pls don't say Minion, it's path and the path I should use are a tangle, all I need is a mini map pinned to screen and use of lazy crafting for daily basic crafting writs, have played ESO for 3 years with it working sometimes then not, have uploaded more time than I care to remember, I'm 61 Lady with a lot of patients, but no more, you can only craft manually for so long, anyone been able to circumnavigate a option for addons pls, in Tasmania Australia, help, ideas pls
12/09/23, 03:33 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I understand your frustration for the situation you are describing but there are no alternative options. Most programs whether or not it's ESO or WOW or any program has a predetermined location for external files.

Sometimes you can install programs to a custom location meaning C:\ProgramName instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgramName but normally you can't change any of the predetermined locations for specific files used by the program itself.

For that reason if you want help then you have to be willing to work with someone and answer questions or provide information and screenshots. If you feel you have no time or patience to do so then you will continue to have your intermittent issues where the mods work sometimes and not others.

If you do decide you are willing to discuss this then Minion is what will be used, the Addons folder under MyDocuments, and I would need two screen shots similar to these. Although you don't have to draw any boxes.

---

---

Last edited by Sharlikran : 01/20/24 at 06:25 PM.
12/09/23, 06:37 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Another idea would be that you download and install the addons manually, without Minion.
That would need you to manually check and repeat it several times then, as addons and libraries can update often

But I think you said indirectly that you can't do that? Forgive me if I did not understand you correctly.

I cannot think of any easy way to help you here, Minion definately would be the easiest help you can get as it will download and update your addons, can even update automatically.
So what exactly is your issue with Minion? If you tell us what is not working we might be able to fix and help you use it,
12/10/23, 12:11 AM   #4
Taswolf24
Thank you for the reply

Basically Minion Links to Owner Suzanne\Apps\Windows ect...

When you right click for properties Apps path as shown, it looks like C:\users\tassie, so Minion doesn't have a path to follow.

My path I set up is C:\Users\tassie\Docs\Elders Scrolls\Live\Addons\ESO

Minion backup location stars as C:\Users\tassi/.minion

Event Log Diagnostics shows C:\Users\tassi\.minion

So I have 2 Desktops icons with different contents one in My PC and one in (Owner Suzanne\tassie)

Hence it's tangled, have restored back to Factory settings twice with no luck, believe when Owner was setup the \tassie was tacked on and has confused the My PC with C:\ drive.
So was looking for another way to use a couple of Addons to keep my sanity, before giving it to the store to repair the mess that's there. Thank you for answering, I love your addons no way to use them ATM
Cheers
Suzanne (Taswolf)
12/10/23, 12:28 AM   #5
Taswolf24
I did attach a few screen shots too
12/10/23, 03:00 AM   #6
Sharlikran

The attachments look like this and a typical screenshot is larger then the allowed file size for attachments. So your post didn't contain the screenshot you attempted to upload.

It is better to use a website you feel comfortable using. Imgur is one example but it's not the only website. I sometimes put a screenshot on Discord and use a link to the image for the forums. You can do it several ways.

You can try to resize the image but don't go below 50% smaller. Try for 75% the original size first and see if you can attach the image. Just try your best
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	1651  

Last edited by Sharlikran : 12/10/23 at 09:13 AM.
12/10/23, 03:58 AM   #7
Sharlikran

Suffice it to say you can do a few simple steps but I need the screenshots I asked for. What you are doing is trying to provide helpful information that is usually used in other situations. Focus on getting the exact two screenshots I showed you in my examples.

One is just taken in game with the keybind normally the PrtSc/SysRq button. If you watch the screen while in game the location of the screenshot appears in the upper corner so you know where to look for it. The other is with Minion open and you clicked options first.

Taking your computer somewhere or resetting it again isn't going to help you. A technician at a store will configure windows how they were trained to do so.

Most of what you described is how Windows configures itself to work. With that said, you can read the following but it's not going to directly help you. It's just my notes on what you mentioned so far. I'm being a bit techie and geeky though.
Warning: Spoiler

Last edited by Sharlikran : 12/10/23 at 02:14 PM.
12/11/23, 02:39 AM   #8
Taswolf24
Thank you for going to this trouble, I'll do what you suggested, will be a couple of days, nothing geeky about tech stuff, it is always changing Cheers
12/24/23, 10:33 PM   #9
Taswolf24
One Drive the issue

Just letting you know it was to do with ONE DRIVE the thorn in mine and a lot of others, I'm sure,
Happy Holidays and a grand New Year Cheers Taswolf
12/26/23, 06:19 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thank you for the feedback and info, glad it worked out for you!

Happy holidays, and Merry Christmas

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Need a different way to have a couple of Addons for ESO Minions is not an option