07/30/19, 05:31 AM   #1
FrenchCroissant
Question Displaying a QR code

Hello !

I'm a mobile developer (iOS/Android) and I had an idea earlier this week.
I'd like to use LibResearch to get the current researches and their remaining times, then serialize those as a JSON, before finally creating a QR code from the JSON string. The code could then be scanned from a mobile app that would deserialize the JSON and create reminders for each ongoing research.

I have played around with AddOn development tutorials a bit, and all of this seems feasible to me. I would create the QR code with the "Luaqrcode" lib, which outputs a 2-dimensional array of ones and zeroes.

The only part I can't figure out how to implement is displaying the QR code.

Here are the things I've thought about :

• Generating a XML on-the-go before displaying it : might not be ideal since it may need a /reloadui before usage
• Using Unicode characters "Black square" and "White square" : as per my testing, these don't render correctly in-game, and I'm not sure if we even have a way to reduce inter-character / inter-line spacing
• Using standard textures (surely there are a black and white square as textures in-game?), and programmatically placing them on the canvas

I'd love any input - how would you guys go about implementing this ?

Thanks !
07/30/19, 05:48 AM   #2
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you don't want to use Textures, then maybe BackdropControls. They are just colored rectangles.
07/30/19, 01:17 PM   #3
FrenchCroissant
Thanks ! That's exactly what I was looking for, got it working.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Displaying a QR code