08/27/20, 03:45 AM   #1
Keredh
Help identifying add-on through error

Hi all,

I am receiving this error - I think it is related to lore as it last appeared right-clicking a book in the inventory.

Any thoughts on whether I am missing something appreciated - there's nothing showing as a missing map on add-ons.

I do have Kyoma's LoreBooks installed, but, returning after a long long break, and having spent a long time sorting out add-ons, I can't get my head around which add-on is causing this.

Ker

EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1619: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1619: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:CallExpiringCallback'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{hasActiveLevelBar = F, MAJOR_LINE_HEIGHT_KEYBOARD = 50, nextUpdateTimeSeconds = 896.2709765625, isQueueDirty = F, isBeforeMessageExpiring = F, nextQueueIndex = 10, MAJOR_LINE_HEIGHT_GAMEPAD = 51}, announcementLine = [table:2]{shouldCleanupMessageParams = T, fireCallbackDepth = 0, key = 1} </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:682: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine.ExpiringCallback'
|caaaaaa<Locals> timeline = ud </Locals>|r
[C]: in function 'PlayFromStart'
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:701: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine:PlayWipeAnimation'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:2] </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1521: in function 'setupFunction'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], messageParams = [table:3]{mainText = "Book added to librarian", priority = 1, sound = "Book_Acquired", queuedOrder = 9, category = 2, key = 25}, largeMessageLine = [table:2], poolKey = 1, largeMessageControl = ud </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1824: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounceisplayMessage'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], messageParams = [table:3], category = 2, setupFunction = EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1484 </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1429: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:TryDisplayingNextQueuedMessage'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], REMOVE_FROM_TABLE = T, nextMessage = [table:3] </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:967: in function 'OnCenterScreenAnnounceUpdate'
|caaaaaa<Locals> control = ud, timeNow = 896.2509765625 </Locals>|r
08/27/20, 05:51 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please logout of the game and update/reinstall all your addons and libraries if you haven't done so in the last few days.
Most of the time those errors happen due to old libs or addons or missing files.

Is it reproducable with all addons disabled as well?

If this is not able to fix the problem, and the error mesage does not name any addon, you could try to disable "packages of your addons" if the error is always repeatable with the same method.
Like disable the upper 1/3 of your addons and try if it's still the same.
Then try the same with the lower 1/3, then the last 1/3.

You can use the addon "Circonians addon selector" to save your addons as profile, so it's easier to go back to the last used ones, or do tests.

You need to narrow it down to one/a few addons where it's consistently reproducable, to find the causing ones
And then you can disable the last addons 1 after another to see which is the one in the end.
Takes some time but would be the best approach.
08/27/20, 11:30 AM   #3
Keredh
Very sensible suggestions. Thank you.
08/28/20, 08:15 AM   #4
Shadowfen
This part of the error message implies that your are right to suspect it is coming from your LoreBooks addon:

Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1521: in function 'setupFunction'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], messageParams = [table:3]{mainText = "Book added to librarian", 
priority = 1, sound = "Book_Acquired", queuedOrder = 9, category = 2, key = 25}, 
largeMessageLine = [table:2], poolKey = 1, largeMessageControl = ud </Locals>|r
I'd try turning that one off first to see if the problem goes away with that addon.
08/28/20, 06:42 PM   #5
Anceane

If you are using the addon Librarian
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...okManager.html

i think this one could be the one, as it has ot been updated since 2018

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Help identifying add-on through error