Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03/12/17, 02:36 AM   #1
Noobanidus

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[fixed] Fix for recurring RequestReadMail failure

This is especially noticeable when attempting to open mail while suffering from a moderate amount of lag. Example, purchasing 5-10 items from guild stores, zoning and then immediately opening your mail. The items will show up, but attempting to read them fails.

Usually, you have to close and reopen the inbox to get the mail read request to fire off properly.

Occasionally, and usually with the most recent mail, it's not actually possible to read it. All other mails can be read, but clicking on this specific mail (or calling RequestReadMail with its specific id) does nothing. No event fires that results in the contents of the mail being displayed.

This happens to me at least once every few days, and has been happening more frequently since Homestead and I returned to playing the game.

Unfortunately I can't provide any more information beyond this. There don't appear to be any related errors that I can see from documentation, and as RequestReadMail is processed in the client (presumably in a layer above Lua), there's no way to get any more information that might be helpful in tracking down the cause.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [fixed] Fix for recurring RequestReadMail failure