07/16/14, 08:03 AM   #1
Helldir

Question New Nightblade

Hello.

I have played ESO casually since beta. I have tried quite a few combinations. I have just made a Redguard Nightblade eventhough I know, the class has some issues. I have made this build as a note to self on how I want to play my NB and how I best support this playstyle.

I would appreciate if any of you with great knowledge about this class and its currently broken skills and abilities, would like to check it to see, if I have chosen anything that just doesn't currently work.

My Nightblade

A coulpe of notes. I only chose "Shadow Cloak" in order to get "Refreshing Shadows". I have read that it only works when Shadow skills are active, but I doesn't say so in game; there it looks like a universal buff. PassivesI'm interested in are just marked with a level 1. Crafting skills are just to help gathering materials for my characters that also craft. (There is something weird about the crafting skill points on this site. It all sums up to 30 skill points.)

I have also put in how many points I expect to have in magicka, health, and stamina and how I expect to distribute them. And also how I distribute my armor.

Thank you so much
07/16/14, 08:15 AM   #2
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Helldir View Post
A coulpe of notes. I only chose "Shadow Cloak" in order to get "Refreshing Shadows". I have read that it only works when Shadow skills are active, but I doesn't say so in game; there it looks like a universal buff. PassivesI'm interested in are just marked with a level 1. Crafting skills are just to help gathering materials for my characters that also craft. (There is something weird about the crafting skill points on this site. It all sums up to 30 skill points.)

I have also put in how many points I expect to have in magicka, health, and stamina and how I expect to distribute them. And also how I distribute my armor.

Thank you so much
I can only give you general information:
That refreshing shadows only worked after using a Shadow Skill was changed with 1.2.3 (or maybe .4).
It is now permanently active. I think it is not even even bound to having a shadow skill on the quickbar (if so Ultimate counts too I think).

Nightblade DPS should go either for stealth burst damage (maybe combiend with Dual Wield Scrappign attacks + Bow) using shadow.
For crit heavy assasin damage.
Or should go for Siphoning Strikes. While it sounds odd at first glance, the Ulti, stam and man gaina allows you to fire a lot of abilities a lot more often. So you should be able to compensate for the low normal attack damage.

Since beta the game had the issues that Stam Skill are not as viable as Mana skills, especially late game. They did improove this quite a bit with the last two patches. Still work to do, but more viable then before.
They also severely dropped the Veteran difficulty.
So overall a Stam DPS might be more viable now.
07/16/14, 08:24 AM   #3
Helldir

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
Nightblade DPS should go either for stealth burst damage (maybe combiend with Dual Wield Scrappign attacks + Bow) using shadow.
For crit heavy assasin damage.
Or should go for Siphoning Strikes. While it sounds odd at first glance, the Ulti, stam and man gaina allows you to fire a lot of abilities a lot more often. So you should be able to compensate for the low normal attack damage.

Since beta the game had the issues that Stam Skill are not as viable as Mana skills, especially late game. They did improove this quite a bit with the last two patches. Still work to do, but more viable then before.
They also severely dropped the Veteran difficulty.
So overall a Stam DPS might be more viable now.
So if I understand you correctly you are saying that stamina skills used to be very underpowered in comparison to magicka skills, but this may have changed?

I should maybe also add that I am a fairly slow leveller and by now means a numbers type of person; I don't ever parse damage or anything like that
07/16/14, 12:12 PM   #4
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Helldir View Post
So if I understand you correctly you are saying that stamina skills used to be very underpowered in comparison to magicka skills, but this may have changed?

I should maybe also add that I am a fairly slow leveller and by now means a numbers type of person; I don't ever parse damage or anything like that
Indeed, they were underpowered. So much that at 40 even I started to notice it strongly and respecced my last Stam DPS to tank. Now that I got her leveld in tanking a bit, it works rather well.

But since then they have buffed/corrected the Stam Skills considerably:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...h-notes-v1-2-3

And then the Nightblade got a lot of fixes/buffs.
If you are leveling as slow as me and you are around level 20 they will propably be totally fixed/equal when you reach level 40.
07/17/14, 01:37 AM   #5
Helldir

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
Indeed, they were underpowered. So much that at 40 even I started to notice it strongly and respecced my last Stam DPS to tank. Now that I got her leveld in tanking a bit, it works rather well.

But since then they have buffed/corrected the Stam Skills considerably:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...h-notes-v1-2-3

And then the Nightblade got a lot of fixes/buffs.
If you are leveling as slow as me and you are around level 20 they will propably be totally fixed/equal when you reach level 40.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

I see I have nothing to worry about. My NB is only level 6 or 7 now. I wanted to wait for replies here before I went any further
07/17/14, 08:17 AM   #6
Helldir

Should anyone be interested then this is my Nightblade Longterm Plan

Last edited by Helldir : 07/17/14 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Clarification
07/20/14, 06:05 PM   #7
Helldir

Ok, so I researched a bit and my plan is now this.

Does anyone have any input on, which craft it is probably best to go with? In this build I have taken Alchemy in order to have potions available to me and I shall probably also do some provisioning. But these are just thoughts.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » New Nightblade