04/06/14, 09:49 PM   #1
StealthStalker
Let's talk crit healing and healing abilities

As a templar specced into healing, I've been trying to maximize my crits/effectiveness with all the passives that are accessible to do so. Here's some of the things I've seen and tested briefly.

Heals on myself do not critically hit unless I have Magelight on. (Tested with Mutagen, Lingering Ritual)
Grand Healing does not crit at all Cleansing Ritual does not crit at all, and only heals 1 time (instead of every 2 seconds).

I'm currently using Combat Log Stastics to test this information, and admittedly I still have a fairly small sample size. Here was the results(ish) of what I did see.

After 200 ticks without Magelight, Mutagen did not crit.
After 200 ticks with Magelight, Mutagen crit ~17% (Innerlight level 1 is 17%)

So. With no passives, buffs, or gear with crit, it appears we have a 0% chance to crit.

Tested with: Level 30 Templar w/ Mending and Magelight using Resto staff.

Once I'm able to distinguish heals on myself from heals on others with an addon or something, I'd like to see how some of the other crit passives are affecting my heals on others.

IE: Mending - Increases critical strike chance on allies by up to 30%, depending on missing health, or Prodigy from the light armor passive tree.

Anyone else have any other insight into this? What abilities can or can't crit? Other things they've seen?

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Let's talk crit healing and healing abilities