03/11/17, 02:50 PM   #1
Eirenoir
Lightbulb need help with weak character

Hello...

I currently play an Argo/Temp/Healer and I am around 255 cp. I have always noticed that others seem to be a lot stronger than I am and even now that I have switched to duel wield and working a dps build I am still ridiculously weak. I have spent a lot of time online trying to find out why my character is so under powered and have finally gotten tired of watching newbie toons out dps me ten times over.

I have used the skill calculator on Esohead and would love any advice as to how I can improve my character. I have also tried starting a new character for dps and i'm wondering if there is something simple that others are doing that I might be missing. Any advice is welcome.

http://bit.ly/2mwwpPH
03/11/17, 03:44 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not an expert on templars, but your dw bar has 2 heals on it, blade cloak is a defensive ability, whirlwind is good for a lot of mobs at once, I don't know how useful reflective light is and blazing spear is more of a support ability (don't get me wrong: it and its morphs are excellent for support and if there's a templar tank or healer on the team, I expect them to run it) than a dps ability. You've already stated you're a healer and you dislike being outdpsed. Is this in terms of your dungeon damage output or solo? If solo: your dw bar has way too many healing/support abilities, hence your lack of dps. If it's dungeon: I really don't care much about how much dps the tank or healer are doing as long as they are keeping me from dying.
03/24/17, 01:34 PM   #3
Eirenoir
I'm trying to grind to 600cp and its very slow going because even with heavy armor I die fairly quick and my dps is next to nothing. Guess I need to know what skills to run in order to increase my dps with duel wield, and i'm curious why I die so dang fast..
03/24/17, 02:27 PM   #4
Rhyono
I use steel tornado, rapid strikes, rending slashes from dual wield, then a couple DK abilities. If you want to continue using blade cloak, I'd get deadly cloak. Using shrouded daggers might also help with your dps (not something I tend to use, but it does seem to be good damage). For survivability, I use a 2h weapon on the backbar. In most groups, I run a bow though. Dw is my main source of damage.
03/24/17, 02:49 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What kind of armor and weapons are you using?
Are you equipped with a set using the set bonus? And is this bonus increasing your critical hit chance + damage?
Is your mundus stone set to support your criitical hit chance / damage too?

You are wearing 3 light and 3 heavy armor parts which is kind of destroying your passive bonus as well.
You'd better concentrate on either tank OR healer OR Damage and equip different set parts and skills for it then.
And you should decide to play on either stamina or magicka (I guess you shoul prefer magicka if you want to switch between heal and dps)
You sould check the passive skills of each weapon type and the guilds like mages guild and fighter guild too. Most of the passive abilities are increasing your weapon etc. too, if you equip at least 1 of the active skills on your bars.

The race you choose is a benefit for the DPS/healing too as the race passive skills help you.

Here are some examples how you "could" equip and play your templar (they might be outdated or not updated for the last patch "Homestead" though):

Heal http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-templar-healer/#Objective
http://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-temp...ler-build-pve/

DPS http://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve/

Last edited by Baertram : 03/24/17 at 02:56 PM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » need help with weak character