04/07/14, 03:15 PM   #1
Sparkly Unicorn
(PVP/PVE) MOST OVERPOWERED DragonKnight Build

Check out my build video for what I'm currently running.

Incredibly tanky, strong, and sustainy.

http://youtu.be/RPoKHYhigII

Let me know what you think!
04/10/14, 10:43 AM   #2
Naxx
hmm

never get it why people always consider being this overpowered as 'Fun' ??

so whoow you can run around and one shot everything no challenge what so ever ?!

Pvp wise you play this build or you'r screwed....reminds me of another huge mmo that has gone in the crapper :P
04/10/14, 12:50 PM   #3
Sharp

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks good, let me know how it goes at 50.
04/11/14, 12:50 AM   #4
Bloodman

WoW lol i'm gonna try it just for fun thanks. hope they will change it feels pretty lame but looks fun!
04/12/14, 02:48 PM   #5
Tyx

Lol nice build and tricks. Definitely gonna try some
Thanks for sharing

EDIT: Really thanks I am 37 now and failed at the freaking bosses from the fighters guild questline (43 bosses) all the time (died at least 5 times). Now with a few tricks from you I finished the boss off with ease

Last edited by Tyx : 04/12/14 at 03:01 PM.
04/12/14, 04:44 PM   #6
Vuelhering
Originally Posted by Sparkly Unicorn View Post
Check out my build video for what I'm currently running.

Incredibly tanky, strong, and sustainy.

Let me know what you think!
Very cool, although lots of different things can be done with DKs. Your commentary of "I don't know why you'd roll a DK" means you're only thinking of it as a tank.

I'm running a DK caster, and the aoe it can put out is stupid (but exchanges some squishiness). In the time it took you to kill a single mob, my DK would've killed a group of 5, and if I did it right, not taken any damage. Waltz in, elemental barrier, burning talons (aoe root + dot), fire breath a couple times, done. As many mobs as you can put in there, all dead. He could put up the armor spell just in case, too, and be overcharged on armor for 20 sec.

You showed a great trick on bosses, though, and thanks for that! I also use sword & board, and am going to try it out. Will test out the passive bashing talent, but I don't have any points in stamina so not sure how well it'll work.
04/20/14, 12:52 PM   #7
Tiago17
Very helpful

Hi,

Thanks Sparky - having just started playing and starting with a DK this was very helpful, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting a few other particulars / help / guide in building the right skill tree

thanks
04/20/14, 01:39 PM   #8
RtooDtu
Originally Posted by Vuelhering View Post
Very cool, although lots of different things can be done with DKs. Your commentary of "I don't know why you'd roll a DK" means you're only thinking of it as a tank.

I'm running a DK caster, and the aoe it can put out is stupid (but exchanges some squishiness). In the time it took you to kill a single mob, my DK would've killed a group of 5, and if I did it right, not taken any damage. Waltz in, elemental barrier, burning talons (aoe root + dot), fire breath a couple times, done. As many mobs as you can put in there, all dead. He could put up the armor spell just in case, too, and be overcharged on armor for 20 sec.

You showed a great trick on bosses, though, and thanks for that! I also use sword & board, and am going to try it out. Will test out the passive bashing talent, but I don't have any points in stamina so not sure how well it'll work.
As I was reading this thread I was thinking of the exact same thing. I am only lvl10 but here is my setup, light armour + 2h using Cleave + talons + fire breath for AOE dmg then when I hit lvl15 my switch will be sword and board. However I am thinking of switching the 2h to destro staff. Too many choices, I think DK are really Op.

Edit: oh yeah my ultimate is the standard because if I am fighting a boss I can drop the standard + talons + Cleave and walk away to gain my stam / magicka. I feel stupid OP with this build.

Last edited by RtooDtu : 04/20/14 at 01:41 PM.
04/28/14, 10:53 AM   #9
Nekky
I play a light armor DK, currently VR2. I use the Warlock set for the ~650 magika whenever I get below 33% and the Sun set for the 5% bonus to fire damage. I used Destro staff and either sword/board or resto staff. This video is interesting, I may respec tonight and try it out. My currently spec has insane AoE damage but it is all pretty short range and I am not very thrilled with it in PvP. For PvE I pull with Fire Rune, Burning Talons, Unstable Wall of Fire, Fire Ring a few times and Draw Essence. This will destroy groups of 7+ mobs in the VR quest areas or dungeons sometimes without even getting hit. My 2nd bar is all utility skills.

Anyone know a good light armor caster type DK build for PvP?
05/04/14, 04:36 PM   #10
Sparkly Unicorn
Thanks guys for all the replies! Those that were wondering what this would be like at Veteran level, consult my latest and greatest (and much improved!) video!

http://youtu.be/xhTUXQ5acoo

Last edited by Sparkly Unicorn : 05/04/14 at 04:37 PM. Reason: fixed video link
05/05/14, 04:46 PM   #11
Tonyleila

Your bash is realy low for vet 2
Mine ins 390 and 520 crit (vet 1). Stack shildbash glyphes on your rings and neck they are buged currently and do more dmg then indeed. (they are going to fix this in the next patch thougt).
Also make shure Molten Armaments is up to do about + 30 dmg with shildbash.
Also think you have to less magika and too much stamina/heath. You can't use the heal often enough to let the stamina reg stay up.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 05/05/14 at 04:49 PM.
10/11/15, 02:34 PM   #12
hsanchez
video's not working

HI, I recently signed up...I tried to view the video, it turns that it is blocked.
I was just wondering if there is a way that it can be viewed?
10/18/15, 04:47 PM   #13
Cavanoskus
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by hsanchez View Post
HI, I recently signed up...I tried to view the video, it turns that it is blocked.
I was just wondering if there is a way that it can be viewed?
It's over a year old, so I wouldn't bother. Far too much has changed.

Last edited by Cavanoskus : 10/18/15 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote
04/26/16, 07:18 PM   #14
Healeos
Hiya tried to view the video however it's private? Would love to see your build as I'm new to ESO and sick of getting the crap beat out of me.
09/23/17, 12:06 PM   #15
chaz373

outdated

Hey sparky.

I noticed this thread and was wondering since you're videos are no longer available, I'm going to be making a DK tank myself soon and would like you to message me your youtube with advice on how to make the build.
09/23/17, 12:14 PM   #16
Rhyono
A build from 3 years ago will not even be moderately relevant.
09/23/17, 02:10 PM   #17
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe try these resources here:
https://woeler.eu/ -> Good tank infos and builds

https://alcasthq.com/
http://esoacademy.com/builds/
06/27/18, 01:42 AM   #18
brygada
What is the most important in DragonKnight build? I found this eso dragon knight build and I want to know it is worth to use it.

Last edited by brygada : 07/04/18 at 04:31 AM.
06/27/18, 07:37 AM   #19
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Depends on what you want to play, PVP/AvA or PvE.
And what type of skills and sets you'd like to use, magicka or stamina build, or a tanky health build.
Thre is no "1 most important thing" imo.

I'd sayyou need to check different poissible builds online (see example links above) and check what you like to play it.
Some base factors to consider are:
dd or tanky
Ranged combat, melee
magicka, stamina dmg skills
sets to use (more power, more dmg, or more tanky less squishy)
11/16/19, 04:04 PM   #20
Square252
Originally Posted by rajaaliya View Post
so whoow you can run around and one shot everything no challenge what so ever ?!

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » (PVP/PVE) MOST OVERPOWERED DragonKnight Build