02/17/14, 12:59 PM   #21
Callsign
Originally Posted by ablueman View Post
Any idea how unholy knowledge might affect Dark Exchange?
I think it will. Too far down to test it in beta, but I think it will. I'm also wondering if Persistence will affect Dark Exchange too. I think it's highly unlikely, but there is always a chance.
02/17/14, 03:20 PM   #22
ablueman
Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
It's quite a good skill that has a ridiculous amount of benefits and it works quite well in my Sorcerer tank build that will be using the Destro staff. I've been looking at my Sorcerer tank build closer since we started talking and I think it does work better as a ranged control tank. I altered the build a little bit to reflect on that mentality. Range taunt + Ice Comet provides more control without having to run up to enemies to use the melee taunt or wait for enemies to have ground effects to dispel from Negate Magic.
I like it, not sure about dampen field, I can understand it would help your "tankyness", but would immovable not be better as that helps against all damage not just spell? A couple of heavy armour items wouldnt really hurt your build to boost armour a little?

I think it will. Too far down to test it in beta, but I think it will. I'm also wondering if Persistence will affect Dark Exchange too. I think it's highly unlikely, but there is always a chance.
That will be interesting to see. I hope resetting skills doesnt cost too much lol

As a side note looking at your templar build got me looking at a attack speed imperial nightblade with syphoning build small health gains but the idea being that you will be constantly hitting and proccing as often as possible critting etc. (build is just a barebones idea).

Last edited by ablueman : 02/17/14 at 03:32 PM.
02/17/14, 04:57 PM   #23
Callsign
I like it, not sure about dampen field, I can understand it would help your "tankyness", but would immovable not be better as that helps against all damage not just spell? A couple of heavy armour items wouldnt really hurt your build to boost armour a little?

That will be interesting to see. I hope resetting skills doesnt cost too much lol

As a side note looking at your templar build got me looking at a attack speed imperial nightblade with syphoning build small health gains but the idea being that you will be constantly hitting and proccing as often as possible critting etc. (build is just a barebones idea).
Dampen Magic's shield is an all damage shield. The effect from putting the shield up is that you take 50% less damage from spells. Boundless Storm, which I also have socketed, has a similar effect. Judging by the tooltips, Boundless Storm looks like it will scale better in the Armor and Spell Resistance department and the trade off is Boundless Storm has AoE damage for melee mobs when the run to you and, for the morph I chose, has increased movement speed versus Immovable's immunity from knockback and disabling effects. However, the main reason that I went Boundless Storm over Immovable is that Boundless Storm costs Magicka and Immovable costs Stamina and my build is built to only rely on Magicka.

I am in a similar boat as you trying to find the ideal attack speed Nightblade tanking build. This is my current version of the build. It relies more on self healing than evasion and has infinite longevity due to Leeching Strikes.
02/18/14, 06:41 AM   #24
ablueman
Dampen Magic's shield is an all damage shield. The effect from putting the shield up is that you take 50% less damage from spells. Boundless Storm, which I also have socketed, has a similar effect. Judging by the tooltips, Boundless Storm looks like it will scale better in the Armor and Spell Resistance department and the trade off is Boundless Storm has AoE damage for melee mobs when the run to you and, for the morph I chose, has increased movement speed versus Immovable's immunity from knockback and disabling effects. However, the main reason that I went Boundless Storm over Immovable is that Boundless Storm costs Magicka and Immovable costs Stamina and my build is built to only rely on Magicka.

I am in a similar boat as you trying to find the ideal attack speed Nightblade tanking build. This is my current version of the build. It relies more on self healing than evasion and has infinite longevity due to Leeching Strikes.
Nice, did you not fancy mixing a little werewolf in there? if you can cast haste then hit werewolf w/ beserk that would make things interesting if it works
02/18/14, 09:13 AM   #25
Callsign
Nice, did you not fancy mixing a little werewolf in there? if you can cast haste then hit werewolf w/ beserk that would make things interesting if it works
I'm not big on the Werewolf thing. It's a style choice.
02/18/14, 09:24 AM   #26
Abardomas1

I'm not big on the Werewolf thing. It's a style choice.
I'm not into the Werewolf thing at all either, just doesn't work for me :-)
02/18/14, 10:06 AM   #27
ablueman
Originally Posted by Abardomas1 View Post
I'm not into the Werewolf thing at all either, just doesn't work for me :-)
Eh increased speed and attack, what's not to like
02/18/14, 11:04 AM   #28
Callsign
Eh increased speed and attack, what's not to like
It's a playstyle choice. It's not overpowered or underpowered. It's just balanced. The PvP designer actually stated this in an article posted today. They have benefits and weaknesses like everything else.
02/21/14, 04:44 AM   #29
Drimacus
You can indeed use skills from any tree with any weapon. There are no restrictions. It's a feature of the game. I was doing it in beta. One thing I do need to change is the passives in the One Hand and Shield tree as they are not going to benefit a Sorcerer tank who is going to use a staff.

I considered picking up the taunt in the Undaunted tree as it is a range taunt, but lacks considerably to the taunt in the One Hand and Shield tree and would really only benefit someone if they wanted to kite a mob around.

I also changed the #5 skill to Dampen Magic to act as an all around Damage shield instead of Bound Aegis, which only increases armor at a cost of Magicka, and the Ultimate to Absorption Field as an enemy control + health and magicka regen source. I'm torn on the Ultimate that I really want to use as there does not seem to be one that covers multiple situations very well.
Wait a second, seriously....
I can use Snipe with a 1h Weapon? I mean, seriously... can i? I mean... WHAT? ;-)
Can someone please confirm that?
02/25/14, 08:28 AM   #30
Xizam
I was thinking about using this build: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...k7pcvKVB6cvKVO

It is meant for group PvP, not solo. I will depend on others for my defense while laying down the maximum amount of pain.

It's very focused on destruction, with a mage ultimate and just one dark spell.
This build should give me high single target damage (Elemental Susceptibility -> fire destruction staff / destructive clench) as well as very strong pbAoE damage by using the other 3 abilities combined with the ultimate.

The thing I am worried most about is the high stamina costs and high vulnerability.
I'm considering using medium armor over light armor, in order to gain the stamina bonus and to be a bit more beefy.

What do you reckon?
03/08/14, 06:22 AM   #31
Stefko
PVE solo

Hi guys

i m kinda new to eso games so wonder if any1 tried full attack mage and how did that work out i tried one build and had fun with it i also had a bit of struggle so what do you think is it possible to create a good solo mage full att?

BUILD

this is what i've been thinking cant decide on last skill also needs work with armor skills

Last edited by Stefko : 03/08/14 at 07:00 AM.
03/08/14, 04:25 PM   #32
Revehn
Did some test last beta.

Early game, Lightning Form >>>>>>>>>> Deadric Curse, even morphed.
It's ridiculous how it's OP.

And I finally understood one thing, I'm a bit frustrated to not have got it earlier but well...
Since we have 5 spells only, every spell needs to have a "two in one" trick.
For example, let's compare Lightning Form and Deadric Curse here :
1) Both 2nd spell of a spec.
2) One does AE dmg after some time, the other gives Armour, Magic Resist, and deal dmg in AE for some time (both spells = 6sec at first).

One does damage. The other does damage + double def.
Morphing ?
Daedric Curse has a better DPS, or a better AE range.
Lightning Form EITHER gives another trick (movement speed), either more duration (+33%).

Let's say we compare things like that for any morphing spell, and we might have a better understanding on how things will need to be done...
03/14/14, 07:37 AM   #33
Myohokyo
I found these 2 Sorcerers build videos on youtube to be very interesting maybe you will fine them helpful with your build, I will be trying out some of these ideas duing this weekend Beta test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bDjGcxHRVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctL8...AeT5DEuKTO4Oew
03/17/14, 02:27 PM   #34
WrinkleStiltskin

<jimmy fallon voice> Secrets

I have, and will always be a hardcore mage in every game I touch. My ß build was full light armor pushing max magica, full points into max magica, eating food that bled max magica. Zeni wants law of diminishing returns, they better put that mess on HP also. I pushed past soft cap. Daedric Summon all the way, yes the pets are fairly undefined before launch. Volitile Familiar, and twilight Matriarch...AND Daedric Curse. Crystal Fragments is your opener, knock them down, then plunder skulls. Finish with Endless Fury. All will succumb. 3 mobs, open with knockback, curse, fury...dead. knockback nearest threat (pets are on other) and pop it hard with Dest staff, or whatever, then spam fury on everything in immediate range.
All dead, and even a paper mage is hit 1-3 times max. On rare occasion I had lag spikes that made it look like I was 1 shot. I was soloing groups well above my level.
I kicked the crap out of that Mage Guild Clannfear NM that was about LV12 when I was LV8 using only 1 crap heal pot.
03/17/14, 06:38 PM   #35
Demendred

I did a Dark Magic - Summoner - Light Armor - Restoration Staff myself.

Was able to keep myself healed for the most point. And I agree with you on the summon to kinda useless. I mean, extra damage is nice, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping that it would hold hate for me.
03/19/14, 05:58 AM   #36
Lonyn
I have always played a sorceror in any MMO's I have played and I have played a lot since 1999 this game excites me as this sorceror is really good as a solo player taking on 2 or 3 mobs at a time is no problem what so ever.

Here is the build.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...cvKVB8zf7zrNbo

Have your pet out all the time, hit mobs with curse, pet will attack mob you have targetted, then turn to other mob(s) who will now be running to you target one and hit Elelemental Blockade and now hit destructive reach. If not dead rinse and repeat it is so easy and when you get into the rhythm it makes you want to take on harder and harder mobs.
03/19/14, 07:08 AM   #37
Duck
Super damage and incredible magica recovery!

One thing I noticed was that no one has realized the sheer power of 'Weakness to Elements' -> 'Elemental Drain' (Restores Magica when attacking target with Fire, Shock, and Cold Damage).... By applying Elemental Drain before attacking the target with almost anything form the Storm Calling tree. The overall spell cost reduction of this combo coupled with as much Spell cost reduction and modest magica regen you will be able to spam the crap out of lightning abilities!

The other thing I noticed was that 'Crystal Shards' morphed to 'Crystal Fragments' procs a lot when when spamming Storm Calling skills. Most people don't notice that Crystal Fragments' instant cast procs off ANY spell that costs magica.

Also, 'Mages Fury' morphed to 'Endless Fury' also grants a large chunk of magica if the target dies by the spell.

These synergistic abilities allow the use of plate/bound armor/etc...
With this build I focused mostly on high defense and stacking stamina regen to maximize Dark Exchange/Dark Conversion to fill any gaps in my mana pool and always keep full HP.

Lastly, I chose the High Elf race because the Destruction Tallent makes getting to Elemental Drain as fast as possible as well as Elemental Tallent for the boost to all 3 elemental damage schools.
03/20/14, 08:05 PM   #38
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can use weapon skills with any weapon, but you cannot benefit from the passives in a weapon tree unless you are using that weapon. It would be pretty bad on their part if they said you could not use any skill outside out your class skills and weapon that you have equipped. It would ruin one of the main features of the game. I can see it said from players now. You mean I have to have a Resto staff equipped to heal myself?
You have that backwards. Weapon-specific skills cannot be used without that weapon equipped. If this were not the case, why would you ever swap weapons? To heal yourself, you can use one of the many skills most classes have to heal. In the case of sorc, they're limited on healing and yeah, they might have to equip a resto staff. That's why you can switch weapons at 15.

Do you really think you can do, e.g., a critical charge while wielding your staff instead of a 2Her? You can't.

As far as passives not applying, most passives are written to apply to the particular weapon, however some passives are written as if they apply to others, too.
03/24/14, 06:50 AM   #39
Blodskjegg
I tought of choosing sorc - summoner and dual wield axe with medium armor and focus on stamina. Is that a viable build? Creatures as extra dps and just know ppl out with axes...
04/09/14, 07:46 AM   #40
Sharp

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With the amount of freedom we have on weapons and skills, has anyone looked at some high-dps builds? I am curious, as I grow towards level 50(48 currently) I am looking at streamlining my build, right now, it was just in the moment, leveling this is what I need now type build.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Sorcerers - let's discuss skills !