06/07/16, 04:19 PM   #1
Sidney
Question Is there a list of addons that the current patch makes useless?

I haven't played much for a few months other than logging in to stay "active" and back out. I'm trying to slowly go over patch notes over the last 4 months, mostly brotherhood notes though, to see if it has rendered any off my addons useless because of features being added to the base game.

Does anyone know if a list like this exists? I'm not asking someone to make it, just to point it out if it already exists.

Thanks!

~ Sidney
06/07/16, 04:24 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There really isn't a list but if you wanted to list the AddOns you have installed I'm sure people here could point out which ones you should remove or swap out for others.

Just take a pic of your addon list screen in ESO and post it up here.
06/07/16, 05:32 PM   #3
Sidney
Yea, I can do that. It's a lot though so if someone doesn't want to do it all, I very much understand. Pictures attached.

Thanks for response, and thank you to anyone who does help figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SidneyAddons1.png
Views:	903
Size:	759.8 KB
ID:	755  Click image for larger version

Name:	SidneyAddons2.png
Views:	875
Size:	769.2 KB
ID:	756  Click image for larger version

Name:	SidneyAddons3.png
Views:	892
Size:	745.7 KB
ID:	757  
06/07/16, 05:57 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you install the Minion AddOn manager to check if your addons are updateable?
You should do this to update all addons with 1 click imo.

btw: Enable the Out of Date addons inside the game's AddOn list and most of the addons (which are updated by Minion) should just work fine with the current game.
06/07/16, 05:58 PM   #5
Tonyleila

JunkIt dosen't work any more the rest shoud work if you update the addons and make shure to load outdated addons.

If not just disable everyhing that shows a lua error.
06/07/16, 06:07 PM   #6
Sidney
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Did you install the Minion AddOn manager to check if your addons are updateable?
You should do this to update all addons with 1 click imo.

btw: Enable the Out of Date addons inside the game's AddOn list and most of the addons (which are updated by Minion) should just work fine with the current game.
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
JunkIt dosen't work any more the rest shoud work if you update the addons and make shure to load outdated addons.

If not just disable everyhing that shows a lua error.

@Baetram
@Tonyleila

Huh? I have no idea why you both commented on me updating my addons.......my post has nothing to do with updating my addons O_o
06/07/16, 06:11 PM   #7
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Sidney View Post

@Baetram
@Tonyleila

Huh? I have no idea why you both commented on me updating my addons.......my post has nothing to do with updating my addons O_o
Cause some of your addons show as outdated in your list but they have been updated.
06/07/16, 08:15 PM   #8
Sidney
I am looking to find out which addons are no longer necessary because the features were added to base game. Example, the guild roster filters (partially) because of hide offline.

:3
06/07/16, 09:10 PM   #9
calia1120

Yea, I can do that. It's a lot though so if someone doesn't want to do it all, I very much understand. Pictures attached.

Thanks for response, and thank you to anyone who does help figure it out.
Out of date doesn't mean much - many of those still work, the author just hasn't updated the API to the latest version.
06/07/16, 09:12 PM   #10
calia1120

I know for a fact that Binder was updated, so you may want to go take another pass with Minion.
06/08/16, 04:56 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

@Baetram
@Tonyleila

To answer your question, no addon has been replaced completely by ingame features in the last few month.
Some things that have been partially introduced into the base game are a hide offline players checkbox on the guild roster (Advanced Guild Roster Filter), basic item locking in the inventory (but not the bank) (Item Saver, FCO Item Saver), a champion point bar without the enlightenment bar (Champion Bar) and scrolling combat text, but without icons and options to configure the appearance (LUI, FTC etc.).
06/08/16, 07:38 AM   #12
Sidney
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
To answer your question, no addon has been replaced completely by ingame features in the last few month.
Some things that have been partially introduced into the base game are a hide offline players checkbox on the guild roster (Advanced Guild Roster Filter), basic item locking in the inventory (but not the bank) (Item Saver, FCO Item Saver), a champion point bar without the enlightenment bar (Champion Bar) and scrolling combat text, but without icons and options to configure the appearance (LUI, FTC etc.).
yay! thank you :33

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Is there a list of addons that the current patch makes useless?