12/10/17, 03:55 AM   #1
Octopuss

Crashes to desktop since Clockwork City DLC?

I asked the same question on the official forum, but I don't take everything people post there for granted, so I'm curious what kind of answers will I get here.
Ever since CWC was released, I am getting weirdly high amount of game crashes. I am using the same addons I used before the DLC came out, and they function properly (as far as I can tell) just like before.
Before the DLC, the game crashes on me like once a week, if that. Now, I get several crashes a day. It apprears completely random and there's absolutely no pattern to them. I might crash while digging in bank, or the game goes down when I'm idle standing somewhere.

The only thing that might be of interest was the last crash I had just a few minutes ago. I was doing my daily writs, pulled stack of food from guild bank, tried to split a piece from it and put the rest back into the bank... but I couldn't. I clicked on split several times, but nothing happened. A short while after that, the game crashes.

I am using significant amount of addons (80 currently), and given the pure random nature of the crashes, I think this is impossible to troubleshoot (if addons are the cause, which I can't tell). The game should have some sort of a client log or something

Does anyone have the same problem by chance?
12/10/17, 06:20 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nope, my client just crashes 90% the time if I close it normal (after wards it crashes) and this seems to be a known problem.
You could disable all addons and mess around with the guild bank in order to see if it's any addon causing it.
If there is no erorr message from lua it might be a dead-loop (endless loop) somehow that produces the crash.
Maybe disable bank/crafting addons and try if it get's better, or multi/mass move addons.
12/10/17, 07:26 AM   #3
Octopuss

Oh yes, I get the crashes on exit too. They are very random as well.
Those aren't nearly as annoying as a crash when you're in the middle of something. Paired with the horrible loading times, it really makes the game pain in the arse sometimes.

It's not like I crash every hour or something, but it's often enough to piss me off. And it just didn't happen before
12/10/17, 08:06 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The loading time reduces to 2 seconds if you disable all addons :-)
12/10/17, 09:33 AM   #5
Octopuss

Well, I meant the nonsense delay before you even get to character selection screen for example and getting stuck on "requesting character load" afterwards.
The login process is still fairly long even without addons.
The effect of addons can be best observed with /reloadui. I think the shortest I saw was around six seconds without addons, which is pretty good. Typically with the amount of addons I have, it's somewhere between 15-20s, which I got used to. It's the cost of using so many.
But the other loading times are ridiculous. I raved about that here.
12/10/17, 10:36 AM   #6
Rhyono
I hadn't had crashes on exit in many months; had two in the past week and I really haven't been playing much.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Crashes to desktop since Clockwork City DLC?