09/15/14, 05:07 PM   #1
DeadAgain
Minion Wil not detect ESO.

Having a similar issue with Minion. It gets stuck locating ESO Addons. Has a window that says "Loading", and below the blue waving bar, "Detecting ESO-1 Installed Addons" and Detecting ESO-2 Installed Addons. Though I left it for quite some time, it just sits there. I uninstalled and reinstalled, then tried to add ESO, but it will not let me, since you have to select the path to the addon folder, and you can only select two folders deep. I then added the path via the Options tab, and still nothing. I cannot search addons because it will not allow me to add the game. Attached are the .xml and .log files.

minion.xml

minion0.log
09/15/14, 05:32 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi DeadAgain,

Thanks for posting your minion.xml and minion0.log.

It looks like a bad path "C:\Documents and Settings " and "C:\Users\Peter\My Documents" was entered as an ESO addon directory. Both paths are incorrect and will cause Minion to crash.

Please delete your minion.xml and restart Minion.

If Minion can not find ESO installed automatically and is prompting you to manually add the game:
  • Select Elder Scrolls Online from the game list that Minion pops up.
  • A file browser window will open
  • Make sure your C: is selected on the left
  • On the right side scroll down until you see the Users folder near the bottom, press the triangle to expand it.
  • Now find the folder named Peter (if thats your windows user) and use the triangle to expand it.
  • Find the "Documents" folder and expand it the same way... (NOT the My Documents folder)
  • Locate the Elder Scrolls Online folder and expand that
  • Locate the live or liveeu (depending on what mega server your on) and expand that
  • Select and click on the AddOns folder
  • At the bottom of the window the path should appear
    C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Elder Scolls Online\live\AddOns
  • Click the select button to the right of the path and you should be set.

We do have a bug ticket in to fix it so Minion won't crash if a bad path is entered when manually adding games. For now if you accidentally enter a bad path you can just delete your minion.xml and start over.

Where is Elder Scrolls Online the game installed on your system? Minion is usually pretty good at auto detecting it. It will even scan usb and network drives and find backups of the game and add them to Minion as a bug we are working on.

Last edited by Dolby : 09/15/14 at 05:44 PM.
09/15/14, 08:05 PM   #3
DeadAgain
The issue is that there is no triangle to expand further than My Documents. I cannot go down any further because Minion does not give the option. How can I point it to the correct file? See the attached screenshot.

Book1.pdf

As to where it is installed, it is the default installation. C: drive, and the addon folder is in the usual place.

Also, note in the screenshot that the "Update All" button appears to have some other text in it that "update all" is written over.

Last edited by DeadAgain : 09/15/14 at 08:10 PM.
09/15/14, 09:03 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Dolby
Find the "Documents" folder and expand it the same way... (NOT the My Documents folder)
"My Documents" is not a real folder, its more like a short cut file. Find the "Documents" folder.

If everything is in the default location for ESO it should find the game automatically. Wonder if there are permission issues? Try deleting your minion.xml again and then right click the Minion icon and choose run as admin. Does it find ESO then?

Originally Posted by DeadAgain View Post
Also, note in the screenshot that the "Update All" button appears to have some other text in it that "update all" is written over.
Thats just because a game hasn't been properly detected yet. Once ESO is detected and showing in the game list the button will look better.

Last edited by Dolby : 09/15/14 at 09:24 PM.
09/15/14, 09:19 PM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Also just FYI every time you start Minion it overwrites the minion0.log (we didn't want people to have huge Minion logs). The log you attached did not have any game detection stuff in it since I'm guessing you restarted Minion a few times to try and get it to work.

So if you do end up deleting your minion.xml again can you attach your new minion0.log after you run Minion? Then it should have the game detection stuff in the log and tell my why its not scanning for your ESO install.

Last edited by Dolby : 09/15/14 at 09:23 PM.
09/16/14, 10:07 AM   #6
DeadAgain
Thanks

I am an idiot. When I was opening the "Users" folder, it was starting at the bottom of the list, and I never scrolled up far enough to get to the "Documents" folder. Thanks, and sorry to bother you.

I hang my head in shame.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Wil not detect ESO.