03/31/14, 07:49 PM   #1
Tingle0x539
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZO_ Lua objects?

I've noticed the use in lua of called things like ZO_WorldMap. Nowhere in the API wiki or google could I find any reference to these, can someone tell me where they are? I take it they are the XML Elements from the games UI? Where can one get insight to these?

Also, using things like $(parent)somestring for XML names like used in the MyFirstAddon example, where does this come from? I could not find any reference in XML, Lua or a generale google search that shows such a method of merging strings.

I have also seen files like this: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B36M...MkU/edit?pli=1
Where are they mentioned or released?

Thanks,

Last edited by Tingle0x539 : 03/31/14 at 07:59 PM.
03/31/14, 08:19 PM   #2
skyraker
if you download the Zgoo addon you can view them in game. Some are functions, some are controls, etc.
03/31/14, 09:25 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
The document you linked was provided by ZOS to the PTS testers.
03/31/14, 09:39 PM   #4
Tingle0x539
Ah thank you for the reply, I have another question about this.

I was looking at the ESO head add-on, and came across CHAT_SYSTEM:AddMessage(), I found AddMessage() listed under Controls - TextBufferControl(), but where did this CHAT_SYSTEM come from?

Also, what Is the difference in API and Controls, they both seem to be functions that can be called.
03/31/14, 09:49 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
CHAT_SYSTEM is the name of the chat system (a TextBufferControl) that handles the in-game chat. It is created by the default UI.

The API list is all funcitons.

The Controls list is all controls and the methods you can use on those controls.
03/31/14, 09:51 PM   #6
Tingle0x539
Ok, but how do I know to use CHAT_SYSTEM, it is not documented anywhere, is there a list somewhere?

Btw, is it possible to read out a chat tabs filters? Like say, tell, emote. And is it possible to link spells in the chat?

Edit, I really need to find the controller names, like for EditControl. I mean, how is someone suppose to know that TextBufferControl is CHAT_SYSTEM in lua???

Last edited by Tingle0x539 : 03/31/14 at 11:05 PM.
06/17/14, 05:12 AM   #7
Taraezor
Necro for sure. No apologies in that regard as extensive google searches have come up with nothing...

Enterprising ESO fans might consider a wiki style public documentation of all the ZO_ , CHAT_SYSTEM and so on referred to above. Would be VERY useful to people such as myself who are not "in the loop" with all the information relating to calls able to be used by us mere AddOn programmers/fans.

I am forever thankful for the documentation provided thus far at ESOUI. But we need more!
06/17/14, 08:19 AM   #8
Halja

I can not give Zgoo high enough praises.
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2...ctiontool.html

It gives you insight to the game UI at runtime. One of the ways to get the ZO object involved is a command option in Zgoo.
  • Pull up the UI panel/element you are interested in in game.
  • Place our mouse cursor over the item.
  • Type /zgoo mouse
This will pull up the object hierarchy with the focus on what your mouse was over the top of. From there you use the parent and/or child tree link to go up and down the hierarchy. This is how to get further details beyond the API documentation and ESOUI wiki. Also, you can find out a lot by looking at an existing add-on that is doing something you are interested in. That will give you at least an idea of the UI elements in play.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ZO_ Lua objects?