04/09/14, 07:13 PM   #1
Maleficus

Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch

Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch..

It just sits there detecting/loading my addons and never stops.

Also if I close the window it stays open, I have to open task manager and kill minion.exe
04/09/14, 11:56 PM   #2
tseka
Question

Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch..

It just sits there detecting/loading my addons and never stops.

Also if I close the window it stays open, I have to open task manager and kill minion.exe
I see the same issue too: after launching, Minion hangs at the "Loading" window, detects my addons but never completes. I can close the application normally when I click the X button though. I first saw the problem ~10 hours ago and never got Minion to run again since then.

thanks for a GREAT tool!
04/09/14, 11:59 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Try deleting your minion.xml.

Windows: C:\Users\<user name\.minion\minion.xml
Mac: rm ~\.minion\minion.xml
04/10/14, 01:06 AM   #4
Maleficus

Fixed it.. Thanks
04/10/14, 02:37 AM   #5
tseka
me too (again) - deleting minion.xml (almost) fixed it

I do have 2 folders under C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online (live and liveEU) and looks like Minion silently picked the wrong one during the update yesterday?

even after deleting the LIVE folder (I play EU), Minion created a new LIVE folder and selected that path - still detecting the addons I have installed in the LIVEEU folder. when I manually update the path in OPTIONS and point it to the LIVEEU folder, Minion hangs again on next launch :-(

repeating the procedure a second time (LIVE folder deleted again - only LIVEEU existed), Minion asked me to select the game (=ESO) and the addon folder manually. after that all started working again...

don't ask me what made my first installation fail when the second try (imho identical) succeeded...

still a GREAT tool
04/10/14, 10:33 AM   #6
Draycon
I have the same problem. I guess the reason is the game addon-path value. When you start minion the first time it grabs the live path and somehow encrypts that path to the xml. When you manually change the path in Minion to liveeu the path is added in plain text. I guess Minion is then unable to interpret those unencrypted values. So up to now I would suggest that the program is useless for all european players...
04/10/14, 10:40 AM   #7
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It base64's the path because users that have usernames with special non-english characters were having trouble making the XML valid.

What you need to do is change the folder under the options tab in Minion. Or add a new game with the liveeu path.

Keep in mind there is also a bug when you remove a game from the game list and then add a new game there is a chance you will end up with two games with the same unqiue-id which will cause Minion to hang. So you will want to add a new game first, then remove the one you dont want. We have a fix coming for this.

We have some new game detection coming soon. This will allow Minion to detect all versions of ESO and put them in the game list automatically. So if you have EU installed it will have "Elder Scrolls Online EU" in the game list, etc.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/10/14 at 10:48 AM.
04/10/14, 10:53 AM   #8
Draycon
I did try to change the folder using the options tab. But the result was a changed value for the game addon-path in minion.xml that was NOT base64 encoded thus crashing minion when starting.

Now I encoded the new addon path using base64 and changed it in the xml file - and minion starts. However, the detection of my already installed addons does not start again since it already ran when pointed to the initial (wrong) addons directory.

Regarding this buggy behavior I would suggest that you check the function where the changed addon path is added to the xml. I bet the base64 encoding is missing. Also I would suggest running an addon scan after changing the path (or add a button to manually scan - you never know if someone adds an addon manually).
04/10/14, 11:01 AM   #9
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Draycon View Post
Regarding this buggy behavior I would suggest that you check the function where the changed addon path is added to the xml. I bet the base64 encoding is missing. Also I would suggest running an addon scan after changing the path (or add a button to manually scan - you never know if someone adds an addon manually).
It encodes just fine for me when changing or adding a path (path->utf8->base64). Ca you post your minion.xml ?

Edit: Ok yeah there does seem to be a problem with this with the version that is live. Looking into it.

Also if there is no <config-version>2</config-version> in the header of the document it will revert to using clear text paths. Minion checks for that and writes the paths based upon if the config version is 2 or greater.

I agree Minion does need to do a sanity check with the addons. That is something we will be adding once the addon detection improvements are done.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/10/14 at 11:59 AM.
04/10/14, 02:36 PM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Just pushed an update to address the base64 and change path issue. If your minion.xml is messed up you may need to delete it one last time after you've updated Minion.

http://minion.mmoui.com/updates.html
04/11/14, 07:30 PM   #11
MacAllen
I have this exact problem. Where is the minion.xml? I checked my minion and addons directories and didn't find it in either.

Also, how do I update Minion if it hangs on launch? Just run the updated version? I ask because I just installed Minion today, and it updated. Wouldn't that be the latest version?
04/11/14, 08:32 PM   #12
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by MacAllen View Post
I have this exact problem. Where is the minion.xml? I checked my minion and addons directories and didn't find it in either.

Also, how do I update Minion if it hangs on launch? Just run the updated version? I ask because I just installed Minion today, and it updated. Wouldn't that be the latest version?
If you are running windows it's located C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\
04/11/14, 08:39 PM   #13
MacAllen
That fixed it, thanks. Great product, btw, and great support
04/11/14, 09:01 PM   #14
Alodar
Deleting the minion.xml file in order to fix the hang on 'loading' caused it to require me to re-agree to the terms, and now it does not detect all the add ons that it did before. It now 'sees' 4 of the 12 addons I have installed.

As an aside; in Chrome, I (or a couple people I know) cannot download Minion from the link on the page by simply clicking on it. Clicking on it does nothing - I have to right click and go to save link as in order for a save dialog to show up. This has been true since the beginning of Minion.

Last edited by Alodar : 04/11/14 at 09:23 PM.
04/11/14, 11:34 PM   #15
Torchler
Spent some time working this out as even with removing the .minon folder and starting fresh the problem came back.

If i remove the reference for the addon 'QueueQueue' from minon.xml which is the following line:

<addon md5="97216db16665b48737a3f69ac0162432" ui-version="1.0" uid="198"/>
It starts working again.
04/12/14, 12:46 AM   #16
Fakedawg
Originally Posted by Torchler View Post
Spent some time working this out as even with removing the .minon folder and starting fresh the problem came back.

If i remove the reference for the addon 'QueueQueue' from minon.xml which is the following line:

It starts working again.

Can confirm I had the same problem, and removing the line for QueueQueue made it load again.
04/12/14, 12:49 AM   #17
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for finding this. Will investigate it further and have our java programmer fix it.

Edit: Found the cause and for some reason that AddOn has some missing data in our db that Minion was looking for. I change the bug ticket to investigate a way for Minion to handle this missing data more gracefully.

I have fixed the missing data in the API and minion now handles QueueQueue just fine. Checking to see if any other AddOns have missing data.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/12/14 at 01:20 AM.
04/12/14, 02:04 PM   #18
chazz422
binder addon

I found this thread and it helped me fix my minion that was also hanging.

I installed a new addon called binder and, after that, my minion started to hang. After reading this thread, I went into the xml file and commented out the addon element that had the uid="215" (which is for binder), and now minion loads fine. So I guess the binder addon has bad or missing data as well.
04/12/14, 02:22 PM   #19
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by chazz422 View Post
I found this thread and it helped me fix my minion that was also hanging.

I installed a new addon called binder and, after that, my minion started to hang. After reading this thread, I went into the xml file and commented out the addon element that had the uid="215" (which is for binder), and now minion loads fine. So I guess the binder addon has bad or missing data as well.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!

Edit: Fixed. It's from the same author, will have to contact Aiiane to see how its being uploaded to our system.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/12/14 at 02:25 PM.
04/15/14, 12:15 AM   #20
Depresjon

Same problems as most above.
Deleted .xml
but i can't select addon folder.
Even tried too add manual in the .xml.
Did'nt work.Would like too use minion.

As you see on the picture i can't expand the documents folder.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch