04/27/22, 09:01 AM   #1
Marazota
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
addon to auto accept recurrection

addon to auto accept resurrection - anyone know such addon? tried to search but no luck
but may be its exist already

need auto accept in PVP
04/27/22, 11:11 AM   #2
ExoY

Originally Posted by Marazota View Post
addon to auto accept resurrection - anyone know such addon? tried to search but no luck
but may be its exist already

need auto accept in PVP
No guarantee that this already achieves what you are looking for. But after a quick look at the api documentation i found those two functions:

Lua Code:
  1. AcceptResurrect()
  2. IsResurrectPending()

I have not tested anything, but from the sounds of it those could be used to do exaclty what you are looking for.
04/27/22, 12:33 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I believe it will not work to call these functions via addons as else it would exist already. Sounds like automation/botting to me.
As the code of ZOs that uses these functions (revive dialog e.g.) is local I guess this is something one should not try to "hack" into.
Most probaly the server will ignore it or you will get kicked if tried too often, or it may even work (which would be wrong imho).
04/27/22, 05:02 PM   #4
ExoY

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I believe it will not work to call these functions via addons as else it would exist already. Sounds like automation/botting to me.
As the code of ZOs that uses these functions (revive dialog e.g.) is local I guess this is something one should not try to "hack" into.
Most probaly the server will ignore it or you will get kicked if tried too often, or it may even work (which would be wrong imho).
Sorry, but i have to disagree. Those function are freely accessible. Quickly tried it out with simply
Lua Code:
  1. \script d(IsResurrectPending() )
  2. \script AcceptResurrect()

I had a friend kill me in a dual and then rez. As expected the first function returns false until a resurrect is pending. The second function was executed without any problem.

Maybe there are limitation like being in dungoen/trials or pvp zones or being in combat. But in general those function work.

I dont see why those functions exist, if zos doesnt want them to be used.

I guess no such addon exists because it might be considered rather useless... while dead you dont really have anything else to do but wait for a rez and accept it. Also just blindly accepting a rez could cause more harm then good: maybe you need for a mechanic to finish or such.
04/28/22, 02:00 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by ExoY View Post
I had a friend kill me in a dual and then rez. As expected the first function returns false until a resurrect is pending. The second function was executed without any problem.
Thanks for the update, interesting to know that.

I guess no such addon exists because it might be considered rather useless... while dead you dont really have anything else to do but wait for a rez and accept it. Also just blindly accepting a rez could cause more harm then good: maybe you need for a mechanic to finish or such.
I agree here
04/28/22, 04:55 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

Exactly. Usually you'd want to time when you get revived and maybe even keep it pending for a good 30 seconds.
In my war tools addon I actually added a feature that did the opposite and automatically declines a rez when the user doesn't press a key within a few seconds.
Reason being that one player can only have one pending rez at a time and when he tries to rez someone who's afk (which happens quite often in Cyrodiil, or at least it did in the past) he's locked out of reviving anyone else for a full minute without any way to cancel that.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » addon to auto accept recurrection