09/29/21, 12:20 PM   #1
acegaming213
Addons failing

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to troubleshoot my broken addons on my own with no progress. It also seems like more and more addons are breaking down for me and I am not sure why.

It started with RaidBuffs breaking (which they seem to have a rec for but I just can't find a custom frame tracking 'Fracture') then my Inventory Insights stopped working and now my Auto Category addon is no longer working.

I am trying to figure out how these addons are connected and if there are any troubleshooting steps you all recommend I take when trying to figure this out.

As for my bug eater I am getting these messages:

[11:04] [11:04] [BugEater] Error caught:
[11:04] [11:04] /EsoUI/Ingame/Group/Keyboard/ZO_GroupMenu_Keyboard.lua:241: operator < is not supported for nil < nil
stack traceback:
/EsoUI/Ingame/Group/Keyboard/ZO_GroupMenu_Keyboard.lua:241: in function 'GroupMenu_Keyboard:AddCategoryTreeNode'
<Locals> self = [table:1]{}, nodeData = [table:2]{name = "L.G.M.", pressedIcon = "esoui/art/journal/journal_tabi...", normalIcon = "esoui/art/journal/journal_tabi...", mouseoverIcon = "esoui/art/journal/journal_tabi..."}, nodeTemplate = "ZO_GroupMenuKeyboard_StatusIco...", node = [table:3]{open = F, selected = F, childSpacing = -10, childrenHeight = 0, enabled = T, childIndent = 60, childrenCurrentHeight = 0, openPercentage = 0, selectSound = "Click_TreeHeader"}, existingFragmentNode = [table:4]{open = F, selected = F, childSpacing = -10, childrenHeight = 0, enabled = T, childIndent = 60, childrenCurrentHeight = 0, openPercentage = 0, selectSound = "Click_TreeHeader"} </Locals>
/EsoUI/Ingame/Group/Keyboard/ZO_GroupMenu_Keyboard.lua:259: in function 'GroupMenu_Keyboard:AddCategoryTreeNodes'
<Locals> self = [table:1], nodeDataList = [table:5]{}, index = 7, nodeData = [table:2] </Locals>
/EsoUI/Ingame/Group/Keyboard/ZO_GroupMenu_Keyboard.lua:271: in function 'GroupMenu_Keyboard:AddCategory'
<Locals> self = [table:1], data = [table:6]{name = "AutoInvite", pressedIcon = "EsoUI/Art/Campaign/campaign_ta...", normalIcon = "EsoUI/Art/Campaign/campaign_ta...", mouseoverIcon = "EsoUI/Art/Campaign/campaign_ta..."} </Locals>
user:/AddOns/AutoInvite/ui/autoinvitescene.lua:102: in function 'AutoInviteUI:CreateScene'
<Locals> self = [table:7]{created = T}, data = [table:6] </Locals>
user:/AddOns/AutoInvite/AutoInviteUI.lua:36: in function 'AutoInviteUI.init'
user:/AddOns/AutoInvite/AutoInvite.lua:171: in function '(anonymous)'
<Locals> def = [table:8]{showPanel = T, autoKick = F, maxSize = 12, kickDelay = 300, watchStr = "", restart = F, cyrCheck = F} </Locals>

Any help would be great, thank you!!
09/29/21, 04:26 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First:
Disable bugeater!
Get the error messages without lua error suppressing addons.
Else Bugeater might suppress an error.

And in the error message you see the addon causing it at the bottom:
AutoInvite

Disable it and try if it solves your error messages.
If not check the next messages that occur for other addon names.
And so on.

Often there are libraries in the subfolder of older addons.
Remove them so that they won't load anymore and install these libraries via Minion/manually from esoui once to your addons folder, so you got the newest versions installed.

Last edited by Baertram : 09/29/21 at 04:36 PM.
10/01/21, 01:25 PM   #3
acegaming213
Thank you for replying!!

So you think this could be a libraries issue? I reinstalled some of them using the "reinstall" feature in minion but I will try to delete manually and re-download via minion.

Unsure of what you mean by "Get the error messages without lua error suppressing addons." But I will try to disable bug eater and see what happens with that.
10/01/21, 01:41 PM   #4
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by acegaming213 View Post
Unsure of what you mean by "Get the error messages without lua error suppressing addons." But I will try to disable bug eater and see what happens with that.
What he means is that users should not use mods that capture, hide, suppress, or otherwise interfere with Lua error messages. Basically errors can not be ignored you need to act on them when they happen. When you see an error you want to know when it happens so you can uninstall, reinstall, or disable the addoon.
10/01/21, 02:24 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yeah, Bugeater will suppress the error messages, so you might not see all of them in the order that they occur. So disable it and see ALL error messages. And about the message above you have posted it says

user:/AddOns/AutoInvite

So you addon AutoInvite causes this or at least is involved. Check if there is any update or check the comments of that addon for a fix.

About the libraries: There are several posts and threads about libraries in subfolders of old addons already, like the latest one here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9927

So you can/should also check the subfolders for old libraris, remove them, or find replacement addons for these addons which are old and use such libs from subfolders, or which just throw error messages ingame.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Addons failing