06/21/22, 06:55 AM   #1
Augmenti-DeMontia
Returning, forgot are there Addon conflct or duplicate function checks?

Returning player, just starting to install Addons. Can't recall if there are any checks to help prevent using duplicate functioning Addons or conflict checks.
I.e. don't want to end up using 2 mods that do the same thing for something like Alchemy or overwrite another mod.

Thanks
06/21/22, 08:16 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No there is no verification for whether or not a mod works properly, does not have errors, does not have hidden errors, doesn't duplicate functionality, uses LibStub and breaks things, or uses current game code rater then outdated game code.There are also no guides or lists of compatible mods and mods that have been updated and such.

How you as a user determines everything is to install the mod. Log in and see if it works or not. Check the settings and see if options exist to customize things to your liking. See if functionality overlaps because one author thought they could do it better somehow.

Since you played it also can't be stressed enough, ignore the out of date message. That doesn't mean the mod needs updated, doesn't mean it is abandon, nor does it mean it won't work.

That is a respectful answer just being straightforward and honest. Regardless of what I put or how many examples I gave. Ignore the seemingly condescending tone, there is no tone, I'm simply making sure you know it is user based. It's just how ever many days it takes you to install mods and try them out and get things set up how you like it.

I don't see how it could be automated anyway.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/21/22 at 08:25 AM.
06/21/22, 08:24 AM   #3
Sharlikran

For some older mods you may even need to make minor changes.

Say the mod includes LibAddonMenu and uses LibStub, you may need to delete the subfolders under Libs for the mod you downloaded to prevent that older version of it from loading.

Then find lines like

local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")

And have to change it to

local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

In order for the mod to work properly with r34 which is the current version of LibAddonMenu.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/21/22 at 08:27 AM.
06/21/22, 08:28 AM   #4
Augmenti-DeMontia
Thanks for the detail reply!

No tone noticed.

It's been awhile since I've played and iirc there's a mod installer/helper.
So, thought it might be possible a Mod Manager of some sort might have been implemented.
Mod Organizer 2 might have been a little too much to hope for!

Thanks again
06/21/22, 09:33 AM   #5
Sharlikran

The mod installer helper is Minion. I highly recommend installing that and getting it configured properly. Without it you won't really have a way to know when mods are updated. At least not without scouring all the things you downloaded and trying to determine whether or not it updated. There are new ways to tell the game that a specific version of a library is required now. So having Minion to tell you when something updated is extremely helpful.
06/21/22, 11:26 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Welcome back.
If you get into trouble with Minion, check the Minion subforum here in these forums, espceciallly the sticky threads at the top saying "If posting bug reports" and "Troubleshooting /the Minion troubleshooting thread recommands using Minion 32bit installer instead of 64bit even if your Operating System uses 64bit e.g.)
https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Same for addons, before posting bug reports please read the sticky threads like "Please read BEFORE asking addon&library questions/post bugs/want to remove your addon" or "Troubleshooting..." at the addon help forums:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164

The following addon help thread also explains what Sharlikran had explained above already, about LibSutb and other embedded libraries you might need to remove from your older addon files:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149
-> "If you see dependencies in subfolders (e.g. "libs") of addons"

To be honest: I'd remove ALL old addons and start with a fresh new game without addons, then only install these again via Minion that you think you need. Better performance, less old bugs and less problems.

Enjoy the game.
06/21/22, 12:21 PM   #7
Augmenti-DeMontia
Thanks for the replies, info and links!

I had heard of Minion but didn't know it was an installer.

I did end up starting from fresh install but it took 4 different installs (2 Steam and 2 official).
I had talked a couple people into trying it about a month or two ago, during the free trail.
Two of the three, had crashes at startup, when I posted on official they told me to submit a ticket in-game.
Obviously, couldn't since I was crashing at startup.

Just notice someone found a fix in the last week or so, apparently a recent update sees MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner as cheats.
As many people that seem to be having this issue, you would think they could have mentioned it in the Patch Notes.

But the good news is, I got it working and start updating everything amap. I've got 29 new library mods alone.
And plan to use about 40 normal mods but I will definitely use Minion now.

Thanks again
06/21/22, 04:16 PM   #8
Augmenti-DeMontia
I'm a bit confused on a multitude of levels.

I hope this question isn't some kind of heresy that will get me banned throughout the multiverses.
Do you guys have a Discord?

I feel a little bad about possibly asking a question for the 10,000th time, but...

I basically used a Group Loot in the past but really like your idea with CraftAutoLoot, Sharlikran.
Could I just combine it with Loot Log and pretty much have Loot covered (individual and group)?
Figured I could open any other loot manually.

Thanks

Edit: We can't change the API in the text file any more, to make the Out Of Date disappear?

Last edited by Augmenti-DeMontia : 06/21/22 at 05:49 PM.
06/21/22, 05:51 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOns normally always are combinable. Some provide similar or same features so you need to check the description and ingame menus and check which one is the best for your needs and play-style.
Loot Log got many features and tarcks~ everything, even at group
CraftAutoLoot only got 1 purpose: Harvest nodes you harvest yourself

Edit:
Yes you can change the ## APIVersion at the txt files but it's nonsense, just IGNORE that and you are fine. There is no "out of date" checkbox at the addon settings anymore, just 1x after major patches it will be in your ingame notifications "You got ot of date addons", and that's all.
At the addon manager just ignore this "out of date" information as it never did and never will tell you if any addon is working or not, so every second you invest there, you cannot invest in playing and testing if the addon works or not:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9295

Last edited by Baertram : 06/21/22 at 05:53 PM.
06/22/22, 06:13 PM   #10
Augmenti-DeMontia
Thanks for the reply, I worded that poorly, sorry. I didn't really intend to combine them per say.
I just hoped using Loot Log and CraftAutoLoot would be enough to cover most of the Loot needs in the game.

Right, I knew a little about no more 'out of date' but in the past we could clear them by updating the API.
It just didn't seem to be working now, but I'll ignore them anyway, thanks.

I've used Wykkyd Toolbar and someone updated it on Github but they seemed to have included DependsOn, LibStub.
Afaik most people suggest not using it. Do you think it would hurt to have LibStub for 1 mod, since no other seems to need it?

https://github.com/shehi/wykkydsTool...es/tag/3.2.8.0

Thanks
06/23/22, 05:27 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I would not keep it just because it's still in a depends on somwhere. LibStub is obsolete.
I mean you can still use it if you like to but the libraries that used it in the past often got changed to not be compatible anymore so you cannot even use it in many circumstances!

LibStub can be very often "simply" replaced as described in the linked thread here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149
-> If you see dependencies in subfolders (e.g. "libs") of addons
-> If the addon is old and still uses "LibStub" (an obsolete library for versioning)

I bet within Wykkyyd addons it's used for LibAddonMenu-2.0 ?
So just replace the lines like this:
local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")

with

local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

And remove the depnedsOn or optionalDependsOn LibStub.
06/23/22, 07:18 AM   #12
Augmenti-DeMontia
Thanks for the reply.
If it had been 1 line in the txt file, think I could have done it but I found a file referencing it about 10 times.
If you get time would you please consider looking at it? It was a .7z but had to change it to .zip for the forum.

It's odd, in the 'POR wykkyd Toolbar Changelog' it mentions removing LibStub.
My guess is the member who tried to update it to work with the newest patch, had to add it back?
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

I did test it and it is working for the most part 90%+ with the Libstub addon.
It looks like 1 or 2 counters not working, probably as you mentioned those references no longer work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wykkydsToolbar LibStub Issues.zip (37.6 KB, 99 views)
06/23/22, 11:22 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sorry, I already looked at the originalk code and it was way too much to handle, or at least with my given time.
If there is no updated version available that works, where LibStub got removed already (check the original addon's comments, sometimes ppl link a version there) just use the LibStub version.
I can also see there are other fixes that need to be applied which came AFTER the version you got there from GitHub ->comment by TaxTalis e.g. abou the SetParent.
And I bet there are new fixes needed after High isle update ...

The problem with wykkyd addons is that he is using a framework as a base which meanwhile is totally outdated and thus breaking more than helping. So ~90% of his addons, at least the ones using that framework, should not be used any longer as noone ever fixed the whole framework, and I doubt it will ever happen unless Wykkyd returns.

I'd rather tell you: Move away from such outdated addons and use others! There are fresh new toolbar addons around at esoui, so move to them.
BarSteward e.g.
or tim99s Toolbar

Last edited by Baertram : 06/23/22 at 11:28 AM.
06/23/22, 01:26 PM   #14
Augmenti-DeMontia
Great thanks, I Honestly had no idea there were other toolbars.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Returning, forgot are there Addon conflct or duplicate function checks?