07/30/15, 05:40 AM   #1
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PTS 2.1 API changes (100011 to 100012 diff)

Hey,

You thought I forgot?. Noooo 100011 globals dump is from first PTS release so the diff may be not 100% accurate. For the official api changes look here. The following data is produced by comparing API 100011 and 100012 global variables.
  • New Functions:
    Warning: Spoiler
  • Removed Functions:
  • New Protected Functions:
  • Removed Protected Functions:
  • New Constants:
  • Removed Constants:
  • New Tables:
  • Removed Tables:
  • New Userdata:
  • Removed Userdata:
07/30/15, 07:59 AM   #2
kerb9729
Do you happen to have that on a dropbox or something so we can search it?

This is handy information, thank you for taking the time to put it together.
07/30/15, 09:10 AM   #3
Harven

Here you go: GlobalsDump100012.lua. You can also browse it by category on wiki.
07/30/15, 09:33 AM   #4
kerb9729
Originally Posted by Harven View Post
Here you go: GlobalsDump100012.lua. You can also browse it by category on wiki.
/beer

... and some more text to make 10 characters
07/30/15, 11:07 AM   #5
votan

GetZoneNameByIndex values had changed

The indexes of zone names are different: GetZoneNameByIndex(zoneIndex)
If you use a multi-language extraction as a lookup table or zoneIndex as language-invariant key in your saved variables, you need to re-evaluate.

By looking at just a few of them, you may think it is just a simple shift by -1 to make room for IC. But there are more deleted, inserted and moved zones.

Last edited by votan : 08/04/15 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Shown table was not 100% correct
08/06/15, 01:28 PM   #6
CrazyDutchGuy

Originally Posted by votan View Post
If you use a multi-language extraction as a lookup table or zoneIndex as language-invariant key in your saved variables, you need to re-evaluate.

By looking at just a few of them, you may think it is just a simple shift by -1 to make room for IC. But there are more deleted, inserted and moved zones.
I noticed, why they even changed the indexes to the zones is completely beyond me, but it is an annoying change.
09/07/15, 12:39 PM   #7
Fyrakin

EVENT_POI_UPDATED no longer firing

EVENT_POI_UPDATED used to fire when POI (quest hub) went from black to white (got compleated by finishing relevant quests). I didn't find any mention of this in patch notes, so I guess this is a bug.
I ran through several POI quest chunks to complete them but this event never fired for me. Would be nice to know if its going to be fixed or replaced with something else.
09/07/15, 12:45 PM   #8
Fyrakin

Originally Posted by votan View Post

Still the number of Zone Ids is less than actual maps almost as twice. I just can't justify this change. I would be content with it if every map got their unique ID.
09/08/15, 08:55 AM   #9
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
EVENT_POI_UPDATED used to fire when POI (quest hub) went from black to white (got compleated by finishing relevant quests). I didn't find any mention of this in patch notes, so I guess this is a bug.
I ran through several POI quest chunks to complete them but this event never fired for me. Would be nice to know if its going to be fixed or replaced with something else.
I briefly tried reproing this and everything seemed fine. What POIs were you experiencing problems with?
09/08/15, 10:13 AM   #10
Fyrakin

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I briefly tried reproing this and everything seemed fine. What POIs were you experiencing problems with?
I was doing quest hubs in Glenumbra as part of Cadwll's gold.
I listen to this event to update/refresh POI pins on MiniMap. Before 1.7 everything was working fine.

After some closer look on my side I found that there is a local variable for current zoneId declaration missing, I probably accidentally deleted it before running these tests at some point. I'll see if it now fires.

Err nope it didn't work. Just completed Cath Bedraud POI for a skillpoint, right after turning in the quest I expected this event to fire and update POI pins. Well, if it indeed fire then GetPOIMapInfo(zoneId, poiIndex) returned wrong icon (texture) for the pin.
After some time I manually executed update function and it applied proper icon.

I can confirm that this event indeed fires, but I suspect that at the moment this event fires GetPOIMapInfo(zoneId, poiIndex) returns the old texture value for the POI pin, I just made 300ms delay for the update and everything is fine now.

Last edited by Fyrakin : 09/08/15 at 11:09 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » PTS 2.1 API changes (100011 to 100012 diff)