09/26/15, 06:19 AM   #1
Wandamey
[outdated] Information on what is going on with maps

I may be wrong, but seeing the addons I use or don't use and the updates I made/didn't make and the common bugs I have with others that dont use the same as me appearing when no addon/lib has been updated , I'd say Zos is changing things in the way the maps are taken care of, probably to try to reduce the lag problems introduced by 1.7 update.

Would it be possible to keep us posted on these changes? because it makes no sense to let authors try to "fix" things on their side except if you want them to create new problems for the next Zos fix.
Something went very wrong this week again.

It would be easy to point a finger at Minimap since it has been updated a few days ago, but i'm not using it. And I have the same problems as others. Same with AUI.

10/01/15, 04:25 PM   #2
SteveCampsOut

If you have been following the comments in SkyShards and LoreBooks addons, you'd be more in the loop.

10/01/15, 06:08 PM   #3
Wandamey
Originally Posted by SteveCampsOut View Post
If you have been following the comments in SkyShards and LoreBooks addons, you'd be more in the loop.
Thank you, but the overview is way better from the top of my Helter Skelter.

10/01/15, 11:07 PM   #4
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There were extensive performance issues related to map refresh that made severe UI hiccups and all sorts of frame rate drops. So, I made many changes to keep map updates minimal as possible while using minimap, the result was acceptable performance while having it on, but with some lockups while activating the map. You can also notice that while having many custom pins stock map performs much slower than minimap . So, I guess they have to do something about it. At least they should bring it's performance to levels bevore 1.7.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Information on what is going on with maps