05/07/14, 09:27 AM   #1
Eleventeen
[Request] Simple rclick party invite

Would like an addon to fix what ZO should of had working in the first place:
Right click on a players name - ANYWHERE - to invite them to a party.

Currently the only place it consistantly shows up is friendslist.

Guild list even bugs often. It tries to be dynamic and disables the rclick if the player is already in a party - but he may be in a bugged party or otherwise, so I want it there.

And yea it never shows up for names in regular chatbox.

Seems simple enough and possible in the api I believe.
05/08/14, 10:31 AM   #2
Kuvu
i get it to work about 50/50 on peoples names in chat. But yes this is very annoying and its another thing you would think would be basic common sense to have working right.
05/13/14, 10:56 PM   #3
Eleventeen
I'm sure one of your pro coders can wip this up without too much stress.

10kgp in game gold if u get it made for me =)
05/14/14, 12:36 AM   #4
Wobin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had a quick glance, although I guess my question is, you mentioned bugged groups. Does the invite even -work- if they're in a bugged group? Don't they still need to drop group before being invited?
05/14/14, 01:12 AM   #5
DonutEnigma
My group that I made last night became bugged. Nobody was party leader and nobody could invite. We can't really fix that. The only way to fix it would be to drop group and recreate.
05/14/14, 11:53 PM   #6
Eleventeen
Originally Posted by Wobin View Post
I had a quick glance, although I guess my question is, you mentioned bugged groups. Does the invite even -work- if they're in a bugged group? Don't they still need to drop group before being invited?
Yea. Usually /invite playername works even when the menu doesn't display.

Sometimes they have to do a party leave.

At the very worse, - I get an error message explaining whats wrong - and thus I can contact them to tell them about it:
EG:
Player has an outstanding request he must accept/decline
or
Player is already in a group (They maybe have to leave a 1man party or maybe relog, but most is just user error)
or
Account not found (this one means he's offline, or has the offline while online bug)
or
You are not the party leader (party leader bug)

Either way, having the command available, so I can get that error message and thus proceed to correct it is FAR more valuable to me then some stupid auto menu that bugs and doesn't show me even the option so I have no idea what the issue is.

So yes, even if the addon cant solve the client/server bugs, which I don't expect it to, it would be still very useful to me.

I'd also like the addon to print a message in chat, to confirm I invited the correct player:
Inviting (playername), awaiting response...
or maybe playername@handle could be useful too, to be very sure.

As currently you get ZERO feedback when it worked successfully, and could be waiting hours, and maybe you misspelled the name, or clicked the wrong guy cuz your drunk.. (The party invite currently never times out)

Last edited by Eleventeen : 05/14/14 at 11:59 PM.
05/15/14, 05:31 AM   #7
Wobin

Party Starter

It's currently only for the chatbox, I'll look into the complications on the guild window next.

I had it pop up an alert in the top right to match the error messages

ETA: From the look of the guild roster, it only checks that your alliance matches, it doesn't do the 'are we in a group' stuff that the chatbox does.

Last edited by Wobin : 05/15/14 at 09:25 AM.
05/17/14, 12:02 AM   #8
Eleventeen
Party Starter

It's currently only for the chatbox, I'll look into the complications on the guild window next.

I had it pop up an alert in the top right to match the error messages

ETA: From the look of the guild roster, it only checks that your alliance matches, it doesn't do the 'are we in a group' stuff that the chatbox does.
Awesome thanks.

Tried it today and it works exactly as advertised, very well.

Got an ingame name I should send the golds too?

(And yea I'd like to functioning in all menus, especially since the exact location of the invite varies, and especially in guild menues where i can accidentally kick someone... preferably to have it staticly at the bottom like your chat window one).
05/17/14, 12:23 AM   #9
Wobin

@SnuuSnuu on NA,

Hm, removing the current entry and reinserting it might be problematic. I'll see if that's feasible.
05/29/14, 05:41 AM   #10
Wobin

Hm, looks like Zenimax fixed the original bug, Invite is showing up with no addon modification required.
05/29/14, 06:44 AM   #11
Eleventeen
Hm, looks like Zenimax fixed the original bug, Invite is showing up with no addon modification required.
No it's still not always. Some severe, very rare and random glitches still affect it. Pretty sure it likes to try to detect if you can invite the player first. Especially likes to try to check if the other player is for example in another alliance.. Today I tried to invite a friend via the rclick menu in friends for example - could not get it to show up at all. For the life of me I had no idea why. I've grouped with him before.

Did a /invite and nothing happened. Tried 3 more times, finally got an error message "You cannot invite people in other alliances". Heh, we were both on lowbies (everyones rolling up DKs now...) but seems he created in a different alliance to play with another friend).

So yea, still would rather get the rightclick in there, so I can find out such things faster.

Also sometimes shows up the top as of the latest update.. Where before it always showed at the bottom, for the text window.. Then in a seemingly somewhat random spot for the friends/guild lists. I'd like to see it static.

Sending gold once the server is back up from maintenance. (Sorry I was slow, very rarely visit this forum)
05/29/14, 07:53 AM   #12
Wobin

Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
Also sometimes shows up the top as of the latest update.. Where before it always showed at the bottom, for the text window.. Then in a seemingly somewhat random spot for the friends/guild lists. I'd like to see it static.
Pushing another version. Give this one a try
05/30/14, 08:19 AM   #13
Eleventeen
Tried the update.

Worked well for a while...

Then when I went to rightclick to invite some for the trial.. Massive streams of UI errors. (and no invite to group option)

Maybe has issues with raid groups. Not sure yet. Will try to get you the exact error message.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Simple rclick party invite