04/19/14, 03:20 AM   #1
Seroczynski
[Improvement] Scan for AddOns on startup

I wanted to clear my AddOn folder to start with a clean sheet and install a large amount of new AddOns, so I manually removed all the folders from my ESO AddOn folder.

When I started Minion, I noticed all my AddOns were listed in the "Installed" tab as if they were never removed. It even showed when an AddOn required an update. This made me think that the list of installed AddOns is saved in Minion, and not being scanned for on startup.

I installed a few AddOns, noticed I didn't like them and restored my backup. Same thing happens now, the "Installed" tab is showing the wrong AddOns. I might have to delete a file somewhere holding this configuration, so that doesn't seem like a big hassle, but it leaves room for improvement.
04/19/14, 01:34 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Just right click on the addon on the installed list and choose "uninstall"
04/23/14, 04:09 AM   #3
Seroczynski
Yes that works, but it also means that if you ever change something manually outside of Minion it won't get tracked.

By the way, thanks for always taking your time to reply :-)
04/23/14, 06:36 AM   #4
mra4nii
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thats right, minion keeps its own database of what addons are installed:
C:\Users\<Username>\.minion\minion.xml
The format of this database
<addon md5="efa396d85b290e9c533748f62a3775ac" ui-version="0.5.2" uid="298"/>
md5 - md5 hash for addon archive when it was downloaded.
ui-version - version of installed addon
uid - addon unique id, is same with the id from addon page link http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info298-ShowMotifs.html
If you want to trigger update, lower the vesion and changes md5(just few characters).
If you manually removed the addon, remove the corresponding lines from that xml.
Also, for a fresh install, you may consider to remove saved variables for the addons you've removed(SavedVariables folder).
Originally Posted by Seroczynski View Post
Yes that works, but it also means that if you ever change something manually outside of Minion it won't get tracked.

By the way, thanks for always taking your time to reply :-)
04/23/14, 09:18 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
In the future minion will do a sanity check on its own db. So if you manually delete something it will detect that. Sorry I should have said that.
05/21/14, 02:20 PM   #6
choekstr

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
In the future minion will do a sanity check on its own db. So if you manually delete something it will detect that. Sorry I should have said that.
Excellent as Minion should maintain parity with the add-on folder. There are many of us manually moving and adding things from time to time and especially in troubleshooting and removing bulk add-ons. It is impractical to edit the .xml file for situations like this.

Glad to hear it is being worked on!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [Improvement] Scan for AddOns on startup