08/30/18, 04:25 PM   #1
Lakes
Question LUA errors with addons disabled?

I'm trying to figure out what's causing my LUA errors. I tried disabling all addons and they still popped up. I haven't tried disabling libraries yet.

Upon character login, there's a bunch of errors that look like this:

Failed to create control 'ZO_AddOnsList1Row1'. Duplicate name.
Failed to create control 'ZO_AddOnsList1Row2'. Duplicate name.
Failed to create control 'ZO_AddOnsList1Row3'. Duplicate name.

Etc...
And some that look similar to this in between the above errors:

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2204: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2204: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 660, activeControls = tbl, offset = 0, IS_REAL_NUMBER = false, activeIndex = 1, numActive = 0, firstInViewIndex = 1, data = tbl, visibleData = tbl, mode = 1, nextCandidateIndex = 1, visibleDataIndex = 1, dataEntry = tbl, bottomEdge = 660, controlTop = 0, uniformControlHeight = 30, dataType = tbl, controlPool = tbl, key = 1 </Locals>
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:1966: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_Commit'
<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 660, scrollableDistance = 4080, foundSelected = false, numData = 158, i = 0 </Locals>
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:743: in function 'OnScreenResized'|r
2018-08-31T06:09:51.849+08:00 |cff0000Gui Warning: Failed to create control 'ZO_AddOnsList1Row2'. Duplicate name.|r
2018-08-31T06:09:51.849+08:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2204: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2204: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 660, activeControls = tbl, offset = 0, IS_REAL_NUMBER = false, activeIndex = 1, numActive = 0, firstInViewIndex = 1, data = tbl, visibleData = tbl, mode = 1, nextCandidateIndex = 1, visibleDataIndex = 1, dataEntry = tbl, bottomEdge = 660, controlTop = 0, uniformControlHeight = 30, dataType = tbl, controlPool = tbl, key = 2 </Locals>
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:1966: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_Commit'
<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 660, scrollableDistance = 4080, foundSelected = false, numData = 158, i = 0 </Locals>
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:155: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:CommitScrollList'
<Locals> self = tbl, scrollData = tbl </Locals>
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:138: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:RefreshData'
<Locals> self = tbl </Locals>
EsoUI/PregameAndIngame/ZO_AddOnManager/ZO_AddOnManager.lua:63: in function '(anonymous)'|r
And I noticed the Addons list UI would look visually janky (all white text, overlapping lines upon scrolling etc.)

But if I do a /reloadui, all the errors disappear and everything looks fine. I can exit the game and enter with no sign of the errors for another few hours. Then a few hours later, the errors pop up again.
08/30/18, 04:32 PM   #2
SlippyCheeze
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nothing in that mentions any addon at all. I'd suggest you do a repair / reinstall of the client, and hopefully that'll fix you up.
08/30/18, 05:22 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I had this once as I was playing with 2 monitors in windowed mode or 1 monitor in fulscreen mode and switiching to the desktop "during" the game loads/logsin.
never had it again but it was somehow coonnected to this I think.
08/31/18, 03:10 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Lakes View Post
I tried disabling all addons and they still popped up. I haven't tried disabling libraries yet.
Libraries are addons too. If you don't disable them, you can't tell if the issue is caused by the base game or a library.
08/31/18, 07:22 AM   #5
Mouton

I faced the issue with Rare Fish Tracker that is including (and should not, in my opinion) LibVotansAddonList
I disabled both and never saw the error again.
08/31/18, 01:24 PM   #6
Lakes
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I had this once as I was playing with 2 monitors in windowed mode or 1 monitor in fulscreen mode and switiching to the desktop "during" the game loads/logsin.
never had it again but it was somehow coonnected to this I think.
Perfect. I *think* this was it for my case! Enabled every addon and library again - and restarted many times with various attempts at triggering the error.

That explained why /reloadui worked and it seemed to occur seemingly randomly upon login.

(...Hm, but too bad this thread doesn't seem to be indexed by Google for any future Googlers...)

Last edited by Lakes : 08/31/18 at 01:27 PM.
09/01/18, 03:57 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Votan told me the addon error might come from the addon "Circonian's Addon Selector". Somehow the row for each addon int eh scrolllist could be created twice and raise such error messages then.
He provided a possible fix which I've implemented now.
Hope this solves your problems.
Please update Circonian's Addon Selector and be sure to READ THE DESCRIPTION as I've changed the library dependencies: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...nSelector.html
You need to have the libraries installed (as standalone or within another activated addon so they will load properly!).

And enable Votan's addons again and check if it works.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » LUA errors with addons disabled?