Originally Posted by VERNSTOKED
So I actually used Lutris and installed Minion in the same prefix as ESO (after installing ESO via Lutris). The process was slick!
Install Minion Addon Manager within Lutris ESO
1. Download the Minion executable for Windows
2. Add game inn Lutris:
1. Click the '+' to add a game
Game info tab:
Runner: Wine (runs windows games)
executable: (leave blank for now)
Wine prefix: (Select browse and navigate to your folder than contains c_drive for ESO)
** If you use Lutris to install ESO it is ~/Games/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited
2. Select Save
3. In the main Lutris screen, select the new Minion game and select 'Run EXE inside wine prefix'
4. Navigate to the downloaded Minion installer EXE and run it. Go through all the installation.
Now that the game is installed we need to set the executable to run from the newly installed exe inside the prefix that has ESO
The default Minion directory for reference are as follows:
From the prefix (I left out escaping spaces for readability):
drive_c/users/(your user)/Local Settings/Application Data/Minion/Minion.exe
So for me, the absolute path from my user in Linux:
~/Games/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/drive_c/users/tannercrook/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Minion/Minion.exe
5. Click Minion in Lutris and select the settings button
6. In the Game info tab, click the smaller image box and navigate to the same directory as the Minion.exe as above but choose the Minion icon.
7. Go to the Game options tab
8. Browse to the executable to the Minion.exe as specified above
9. Hit save
10. Launch and enjoy!!!!
Your Addon folder is located at My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns
It works flawlessly with these instructions, I have tried the raw java and have been unsuccessful, as it is missing the JavaFX. But with this set of instructions it does work, no problems staring Minion, but the problem I have is inability to actually read anything without highlighting with mouse. Any simple way to fix this? I have heard about changing fonts via winetricks but not sure how to do that.
UPDATE: I got the font to change and yes that fixed the issue.