03/31/18, 05:34 PM   #1
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] EVENT_RETICLE_TARGET_CHANGED inconsistent behavior with dead players

Had a user report to me an issue when using LUIExtended where the Target Frame for a dead player was showing inconsistently between two characters.

I'm not sure what's going on but it seems like when mousing over a dead player target the EVENT_RETICLE_TARGET_CHANGED only fires some of the time. It works for friendly players but inconsistently for hostile targets.

Maybe there's a menu setting I'm missing somewhere? Otherwise this seems like it might be a bug to me.

If I recall - at some point dead NPC target frames used to appear for me as well, but at some point in time stopped appearing.

04/01/18, 01:07 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

I remember something being mentioned in the patch notes some time ago. I think it was changed in order to fix dead enemies showing up as targets while there are still some alive.

04/01/18, 03:14 AM   #3
ArtOfShred

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I remember something being mentioned in the patch notes some time ago. I think it was changed in order to fix dead enemies showing up as targets while there are still some alive.
Hmm, that makes sense but when I tested this I was pretty far from a keep in Cyrodiil and there was no reticleover target when mousing over the player corpse. Unless distant out of combat NPC's count toward this.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [outdated] EVENT_RETICLE_TARGET_CHANGED inconsistent behavior with dead players