09/24/23, 01:37 PM   #121
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Blackpad View Post
The recaptcha loop is back. I'm logged in to Google and your site but I keep getting stopped by recaptcha. I'm not using any ad blockers. I love your site and your addon but this is making me use ESO trading hub more and more.
are you using vpn? sharing internet with others? using any auto refresher? when you say recaptcha loop what exactly is the loop? after you solved the captcha another one came up without page refreshing? or after page refreshing you get another one?
10/02/23, 02:08 PM   #122
Blackpad
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
are you using vpn? sharing internet with others? using any auto refresher? when you say recaptcha loop what exactly is the loop? after you solved the captcha another one came up without page refreshing? or after page refreshing you get another one?
I'm not using a VPN. I'm not refreshing pages. I'm using the same internet connection as other people in my house but they're not doing anything sus.

I've been using your site for years with no problem. My ISP is the same. I've checked to see if my IP is banned or flagged for spam and it's not. The recaptcha issues started for me around the time you added map links to trader locations. Some people in my trading guild said they have the same problem.

When I say "captcha loop" I mean I have to solve many captchas one after another and then even after all that, I still get blocked with the error I posted in my previous post. I counted about ten captchas in a row whenever this happens. A new thing that's happening is I can't even fill out the captcha because when I click the box to do the captchas, the error box to lock me out pops up (see image).

I just give up now and close the site when captcha pops up because it's not worth it to do all those captchas again and again. I'm not having this problem on any other site I visit. I hope you can help because your site and addon are the best. Thank you.

10/02/23, 02:38 PM   #123
cyxui
I'm not using a VPN. I'm not refreshing pages. I'm using the same internet connection as other people in my house but they're not doing anything sus.

I've been using your site for years with no problem. My ISP is the same. I've checked to see if my IP is banned or flagged for spam and it's not. The recaptcha issues started for me around the time you added map links to trader locations. Some people in my trading guild said they have the same problem.

When I say "captcha loop" I mean I have to solve many captchas one after another and then even after all that, I still get blocked with the error I posted in my previous post. I counted about ten captchas in a row whenever this happens. A new thing that's happening is I can't even fill out the captcha because when I click the box to do the captchas, the error box to lock me out pops up (see image).

I just give up now and close the site when captcha pops up because it's not worth it to do all those captchas again and again. I'm not having this problem on any other site I visit. I hope you can help because your site and addon are the best. Thank you.

Another question: Are you or any of your family member using Tor? Because Tor is usually highly flagged.

Not seeing any img. Did you forgot to upload it? After some long investigation i have found that Google's captcha server might screw up and flag the user as malicious even though its Google's server problem. I have added some checks for this type of problem. Can't promise its perfect but at least it should greatly reduce the chance of you running into the captcha loop.

P.S. you will likely still need to solve one captcha the next time you use it.
10/21/23, 07:06 PM   #124
Blackpad
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
Another question: Are you or any of your family member using Tor? Because Tor is usually highly flagged.

Not seeing any img. Did you forgot to upload it? After some long investigation i have found that Google's captcha server might screw up and flag the user as malicious even though its Google's server problem. I have added some checks for this type of problem. Can't promise its perfect but at least it should greatly reduce the chance of you running into the captcha loop.

P.S. you will likely still need to solve one captcha the next time you use it.
Hi, no one using Tor. Sorry about the image not showing, here's a link to a screenshot taken today from the TTC site, showing the popup after doing about 10 captchas https://imgur.com/5OTS32Q . I tried just using the audio captcha and that's even worse than the visual.
10/23/23, 09:50 AM   #125
rumple9
The TTC website has not been usable for about 8 weeks - Have to go through 25+ captcha test before can access the site, no matter whether I use Edge firefox chrome or opera. I have no adblockers or vpn.

Get rid of captcha please

Last edited by rumple9 : 10/23/23 at 09:52 AM.
10/23/23, 10:13 AM   #126
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Blackpad and rumple: You 2 seem to suffer from the same issue.
Maybe try to find out what your setup got common (e.g. are you using the same location and/or internet provider, or a fixed IP address, or the same antivirus/firewall tools, etc.).

I'm not having any issues with multiple captchas, never had. And a lot of other guild mates neither do, so it must be something (as cyxui already answered before) with your setup/country/ISP/IP address/VPN (you both don't use any)/proxy server?/cookies/...

Is it only the TTC website or do you experience the same at any other website (as the captcha service is a Google one's afai understood)?

Last edited by Baertram : 10/24/23 at 01:39 PM.
10/24/23, 01:31 PM   #127
cyxui
Hi, no one using Tor. Sorry about the image not showing, here's a link to a screenshot taken today from the TTC site, showing the popup after doing about 10 captchas https://imgur.com/5OTS32Q . I tried just using the audio captcha and that's even worse than the visual.
Unfortunately I do not have the direct ability to control the number of tests in one go. Having said that I do have some ideas on some of the factors. The more mistakes you make the more tests you get. By mistakes i mean something like if it asks you to click all 'cars' and you missed one or two. Google's algorithm can't determine if you actually missed it or the bot failed to recognize it. Usually you get only 1-2 tests in a row if you got both right. I have also tuned down the frequency so that you will less likely run into captcha tests. Give it another go and see if that helps.
11/20/23, 06:53 AM   #128
Octopuss

The new Y'ffre's style pages are not on TTC.
No idea if this is the place to ask to add them, but whatever.
11/20/23, 10:24 AM   #129
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ususally those get added after some days, as enough data/listings were provided via client uploading them.
11/25/23, 12:09 PM   #130
rumple9
website is unusable

website remains unsuable due to captcha - been about 3 months now. Impossible to access the site on chrome firefox opera or edge
11/25/23, 01:48 PM   #131
ExoY

Originally Posted by rumple9 View Post
website remains unsuable due to captcha - been about 3 months now. Impossible to access the site on chrome firefox opera or edge
works fine on firefox for me
12/09/23, 05:00 PM   #132
Marcus
No Malware, eh?

Got this one FULL SCREEN, but it went away when I clicked elsewhere to copy the URL. It goes to:
https : // tpc.googlesyndication.com/simgad/13987337341581572992?sqp=4sqPyQQ7QjkqNxABHQAAtEIgASgBMAk4A0DwkwlYAWBfcAKAAQGIAQGdAQAAgD-oAQGwAYCt4gS4AV_FAS2ynT4&rs=AOga4qmmDqBRDFa7ShuCdDAffiF9EB4FmQ

Which tries to install something called 'Task Manager'. Thanks for that.

Preview images:
https://imgur.com/a/NFLc3yj
https://imgur.com/a/NFLc3yj

Last edited by Baertram : 12/09/23 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Edited link with possible malware installation so no one accidently clicks it!
12/14/23, 04:21 PM   #133
Marcus
Still there.. got the full screen blocking ad this time. https://imgur.com/a/BAWdkRH
12/17/23, 05:46 AM   #134
SlippyCheeze
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Still there.. got the full screen blocking ad this time. https://imgur.com/a/BAWdkRH
are you sure you don't have some sort of malware on your system injecting advertising into the website? because certainly I've not experienced anything remotely similar...
12/17/23, 07:21 AM   #135
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
are you sure you don't have some sort of malware on your system injecting advertising into the website? because certainly I've not experienced anything remotely similar...
I had some similar advertisement once and reported it here I think. It was removed then somehow or at least I never saw it again.
But it can always be tha your local files are infected and add such links, right...
12/17/23, 12:02 PM   #136
Marcus
Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post

Yeah, I'm quite sure. I'm very careful about every place I go, everything I download gets scanned manually, and for Most Sites ad blockers make sure I don't get malware that way.

The ads on the side, I don't mind. The ones on the bottom I wouldn't mind, except it scrolls up and down every time it changes in a desperate plea to get your attention. Animated and flashing ads are similarly despised.
12/17/23, 01:11 PM   #137
cyxui
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yeah, I'm quite sure. I'm very careful about every place I go, everything I download gets scanned manually, and for Most Sites ad blockers make sure I don't get malware that way.

The ads on the side, I don't mind. The ones on the bottom I wouldn't mind, except it scrolls up and down every time it changes in a desperate plea to get your attention. Animated and flashing ads are similarly despised.
Google does have a reporting system built in. Click on the triangle besides the x button and hit the report this ad button. Those ads will go away after couple reports.
03/20/24, 02:01 PM   #138
MoonPile
ReCaptcha

Hey, first, thanks again for all of your work on this addon and site. As a trader, it's basically the only thing working right now after Update 41, and keeping it possible to do our "eso jobs". I know you do this for free so I hate asking for more.

Still, I do want to ask, why embed Google's ReCaptcha specifically? I see other TTC users are having issues with it. Even a quick search will come up with a ton of feedback by both end-users and developers who loathe it - in general, outside of the ESO community.

I'm writing this after getting stuck in a ReCaptcha loop again. It happens daily. Sometimes it's "not bad", maybe 2 sets of 3 puzzles. But now, I've gotten "Please try again" for the 5th?? (lost count) time in a row, and then the follow-up "automatic queries" message that locks you out of trying again for some time. (Same as @Blackpad above.) If you search about this issue, you'll see it's a common fault in ReCaptcha, it's not user error in doing the puzzles.
  • I refresh TTC a lot of course, which may trigger it. Manually, no bots.
  • I must use a VPN and cannot / will not change the server while I'm logged into ESO because it will disconnect.
  • Tried various other VPN settings.
  • Tried clearing history.
  • Tried other browsers. I do not use Chrome. No Tor.

Besides constantly changing servers, nothing helps. TTC is the only site where this happens; even Google.com passes after just checking the box.

I love TTC and appreciate your work. It's just ReCaptcha that's incredibly frustrating.

Last edited by MoonPile : 03/20/24 at 02:09 PM.
03/31/24, 05:36 PM   #139
cyxui
Originally Posted by MoonPile View Post
Hey, first, thanks again for all of your work on this addon and site. As a trader, it's basically the only thing working right now after Update 41, and keeping it possible to do our "eso jobs". I know you do this for free so I hate asking for more.

Still, I do want to ask, why embed Google's ReCaptcha specifically? I see other TTC users are having issues with it. Even a quick search will come up with a ton of feedback by both end-users and developers who loathe it - in general, outside of the ESO community.

I'm writing this after getting stuck in a ReCaptcha loop again. It happens daily. Sometimes it's "not bad", maybe 2 sets of 3 puzzles. But now, I've gotten "Please try again" for the 5th?? (lost count) time in a row, and then the follow-up "automatic queries" message that locks you out of trying again for some time. (Same as @Blackpad above.) If you search about this issue, you'll see it's a common fault in ReCaptcha, it's not user error in doing the puzzles.
  • I refresh TTC a lot of course, which may trigger it. Manually, no bots.
  • I must use a VPN and cannot / will not change the server while I'm logged into ESO because it will disconnect.
  • Tried various other VPN settings.
  • Tried clearing history.
  • Tried other browsers. I do not use Chrome. No Tor.

Besides constantly changing servers, nothing helps. TTC is the only site where this happens; even Google.com passes after just checking the box.

I love TTC and appreciate your work. It's just ReCaptcha that's incredibly frustrating.
Bot has taken down TTC's server several times in the past so I had to introduce captcha to keep it alive. Recaptcha is the best solution that is available today. I do know that VPN does make recaptcha unhappy and there is nothing I could do about it unfortunately.
04/14/24, 11:04 AM   #140
rumple9
Captcha broken again

Website has been working ok for a couple of months now, but aggressive captcha is back again and you have to go through 4-5 captchas to view each search. I am sick of clicking on fire hydrants and cars.

Can you please turn captcha off - it adds nothing but inconvenience. Thank you

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » TTC website issues thread