05/25/23, 10:49 AM   #1
Mr.Envy

Addon revive request: FCMQT

Hello to everyone reading this. I decided to try my luck and ask for help here since there is no other choice regarding FCMQT, the quest tracker that meets all my needs. It's been dead since the Scribes of Fate update, all the lines are overlapped rendering the addon useless.

I tried many other quest tracker versions but none comes even close to what FCMQT is offering (at least to me). It really made my questing a lot easier.

I tried contacting 3 persons involved in creating/maintaining/udating it with no response and it's been a while since Scribes of Fate update and seems that the world just forgot about it and settled for other quest trackers.

I'd really be grateful if someone would be willing to revive it, if it's not much of a struggle, of course.

Here is a LUA error regarding the issue:
Lua Code:
  1. ResizeToFitDescendents: Enabling resizToFitDescendents is illegal for Label .
  3. stack traceback:
  4. [C]: in function 'SetResizeToFitDescendents'
  5. user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:80: in function 'FCMQT.AddNewUIBox'
  6. |caaaaaa<Locals> dir = "BOTTOM", myboxdirection = 6 </Locals>|r
  7. user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:99: in function 'FCMQT.AddNewTitle'
  8. |caaaaaa<Locals> qindex = 3, qlevel = 50, qname = "Capture Any Nine Resources", qtype = 7, qzone = "Cyrodiil", qfocusedzoneval = 0 </Locals>|r
  9. user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:907: in function 'FCMQT.QuestsLoop'
  10. |caaaaaa<Locals> userCurrentZone = "Eastmarch", currentMapZoneIdx = 15, limitnbquests = 25, nbquests = 4, showquests = 25, valcheck = 0, i = 0, order = "Zone+Name", x = 1, z = [table:1]{name = "Capture Any Nine Resources", focusquest = 0, focusedzone = "High Isle", myzone = "Cyrodiil", focusedzoneval = 0, tracked = F, type = 7, zoneidx = 37, zone = "Cyrodiil", level = 50, index = 3}, myzone = "Cyrodiil", checkfilter = 1 </Locals>|r
  11. user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:996: in function 'FCMQT.QuestsListUpdate'
  12. |caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 1 </Locals>|r
  13. user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Includes/functions.lua:223: in function 'CheckFocusedQuest'
  14. |caaaaaa<Locals> RecordedFocusedQuest = F, j = 4, CurrentFocusedQuest = T </Locals>|r
  15. user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:1249: in function '(anonymous)'

Thank you for your time, all the best!
05/25/23, 12:01 PM   #2
FlatBadger

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,
I'm not interested in taking over the addon, and the following information comes with lots of disclaimers as I've done very little testing on it and do not know full impact of these changes, but you can get it running by doing editing the following lines in Addons\FCMQT\FCMQT.lua

on line 73 - change CT_LABEL to CT_CONTROL
on line 1067 - comment this line out by putting -- at the start of it
on line 1075 - comment this line out by putting -- at the start of it

This may be oversimplified and cause other issues - it might not - who knows...

the above is based on the update from https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...stTracker.html
05/25/23, 12:51 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
This quest tracker is based on FCMQT and is maintained and updated, maybe try this one:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...EpicQuest.html
05/25/23, 01:07 PM   #4
Mr.Envy

Thanks for looking into it, after doing as you suggested this happened:

And also the addons' menu is not there for some reason even if it is indeed active.

I also did a fresh reinstall of FCMQT and this resulted in multiple LUA errors, 11 to be precise.
I listed them below to keep the post short:
Warning: Spoiler
Maybe we haven't addressed all the issues and that's why it didn't work?

Also, after using your suggested fix only 2 LUA errors show up:
Warning: Spoiler

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
This quest tracker is based on FCMQT and is maintained and updated, maybe try this one:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...EpicQuest.html
I have tried it, Baertram, thanks, but it doesn't cut it for me sadly, i still miss some of FCMQT's functions that VEQ sadly got rid of.
05/25/23, 01:17 PM   #5
FlatBadger

That doesn't sound like you've got it quite right. As you've been a great help with my addon, I'll send you the version I have.
05/25/23, 01:25 PM   #6
Mr.Envy

Originally Posted by FlatBadger View Post
That doesn't sound like you've got it quite right. As you've been a great help with my addon, I'll send you the version I have.
Oh, that's strange o.O
I am code illiterate indeed but I like to think that I can follow instructions at least, haha, thanks for sharing <3

Indeed it revives the addon, thanks a lot FlatBadger! I really missed FCMQT ^^
May you post this version in the comments section or at least the fix for it? Or may I do it for you? Maybe others want to keep using it as well.

Last edited by Mr.Envy : 05/25/23 at 05:54 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addon revive request: FCMQT