04/03/21, 05:07 AM   #1
ItsMoxsy
Smart Auto Loot settings not showing

Hi everyone, I am new to this site so I apologise if I do something incorrect.

I have an issue with the addon "Smart Auto Loot", I installed it though the Minion addon manager if that helps. When I go to Settings > Addons it doesn't show up and I get an error message upon logging in, here is the error message:

user:/AddOns/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot/Libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua:783: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot/Libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua:783: in function 'lam:RegisterAddonPanel'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{panelId = 100}, addonID = "AdvancedSmartAutoLootOptions", panelData = [table:2]{author = "Archshot", name = "Advanced Smart Auto Loot", version = "1.0.2", registerForDefaults = T, type = "panel"}, container = ud </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot/AdvancedSmartAutoLootSettings.lua:260: in function 'AdvancedSmartAutoLootSettings:Initialize'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:3]{}, db = [table:4]{}, dropdownChoicesFilter = [table:5]{8 = "Per quality and value"}, dropdownChoicesSimple = [table:6]{4 = "Only stolen"}, panelData = [table:2], optionsData = [table:7]{} </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot/AdvancedSmartAutoLootSettings.lua:14: in function 'AdvancedSmartAutoLootSettings:New'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:8]{version = "1.0.2", EVENT_TOGGLE_AUTOLOOT = "ADVANCEDSMARTAUTOLOOT_TOGGLE_A...", originalAuthor = "Agathorn", maintainer = "Archshot"}, result = [table:3] </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot.lua:55: in function 'AdvancedSmartAutoLoot:OnLoaded'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:9]{}, event = 65536, addon = "AdvancedSmartAutoLoot" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot/AdvancedSmartAutoLoot.lua:46: in function '(anonymous)'
Hope someone can help me fix this issue as I have tried installing and reinstalling. Deleting everything in My Documents > Elder Scrolls Online. Even as the only addon installed it still doesn't work.
04/03/21, 06:42 AM   #2
ItsMoxsy
Seems I fixed the Addon by manually installing LibStub despite is coming with the Addon.
04/03/21, 08:29 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wrong solution!
It might work but it's not the correct way + you will most likely get into trouble after next updates again.
LibStub is outdated and must not be used anymore!

Please delete the subfolder libs of the addon and install all libraries in there directly into your live/AddOns folder!
e.g. LibAddonMenu-2.0
And change in the code of the addon the call to LibAddonnMenu-2.0 via LibStub to the global LibAddonMenu2.

e.g. change this:
local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")
to this:
local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

You will find several posts in the forums about LAM 2.0 (LibAddonMenu) where older addons provide the libraries in the subfolder libs and call it via the addon's txt file directly. Here is an example what to do then:

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9624

Last edited by Baertram : 04/03/21 at 08:40 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Smart Auto Loot settings not showing