Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07/28/21, 01:36 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
account saved two times, with different naming

Hello

I dont know how this is possible but here what i found and why i found it

- first why i found it : i noticed that for one of my account, the savedvariables were not correct. I was applying the same settings than my other account, doing a reloadui and even log out in case the game crash to be sur to have the last settings,

Even doing this, at each logging, the settings were the basic one from the addon, not my choices.

So i decided to check the savedvariables of the main addons having the problems, used notepad ++ to open them, and simply checked if the settings i had for the others account, where also the good one for the one with problem.

And i confirmed that none of the settings were saved, just the basic from the addon. But then inoticed that one of my account was saved 2 times, with 2 different libelle

@darkesmerald (which is the good name)
@Darkesmerald (which apply here a cap to the first letter)

Is this an obligation for some addons to have double naming, because the savedvariables from ZoS have only one of the naming (first one) not the second.

Could this block for any reason the settings for the other account ?

Or there was a change in the API for the account saved variables and some addons did not apply them ?

FCOchangestuff - Nothankyou - Action duration reminder - assist rapidriding - recount : are the one i had this problem.

--------------------------------
For the saved settings, i decided to use Notepad++ and to copy/paste the good settings on the concerned basic account.
At loggng all was fine.

Last edited by Anceane : 07/28/21 at 01:38 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » account saved two times, with different naming