that can count how many treasure chests you open in current game session
with history of each game session, preferable
01/15/24, 04:48 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I do not know such addon.
Afaik you cannot differ treasure (treasure cards from inventory) chests from normal chests, or any thievery chests.
Maybe their name is different but noone wants to hardcode 20 language names of chest types to distinguish them
But the events and callbacks just tell you: "Opened a chest" -> No matter if overland normal, dungeon, or whatever chest type you find.
That's why daily endeavours also count for chests if you open any of them.
Or if it's about "unlocking" it also counts to open locked doors.
01/16/24, 05:43 PM   #3
Lykeion

I use some tricks in my addon to achieve similar functionality. Like, if you start a looting within 3 seconds after unlocking a lock, then it can be presumed that you just unlocked a treasure chest (rather than a locked door or something). It's not an accurate detection, but due to the limitations of the API perhaps there is no such thing as a truly accurate detection.

While I know the general implementation, I also haven't seen such an addon before. Maybe you can implement one yourself
01/17/24, 02:14 AM   #4
Marazota
Originally Posted by Lykeion View Post
I use some tricks in my addon to achieve similar functionality. Like, if you start a looting within 3 seconds after unlocking a lock, then it can be presumed that you just unlocked a treasure chest (rather than a locked door or something). It's not an accurate detection, but due to the limitations of the API perhaps there is no such thing as a truly accurate detection.

While I know the general implementation, I also haven't seen such an addon before. Maybe you can implement one yourself
legerdemain exp event also can be used

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon for opened treasure chests count