08/28/19, 03:26 AM   #1
Hootpocket
Any clue what addon is locking up my game

My game ran completely smooth with 150 addons + libs running.
Since scalebreaker, that is not the case, in vet dungeons and trials when the boss fight goes on for usually over two minutes and spawns adds, my game goes from around 90+ fps and quickly creeps down to 1fps, then eventually locks up till all the adds are dead and it's just the boss left, or the fight ends.
Now I have lowered it down to about 34 and more on the minimal side besides bandit/lui
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g5m...ature=youtu.be
action duration reminder
addon selector
alpha gear
auto recharge
auto category
Bandits (or lui)
combat metrics
combat metronome
Constellations
Cooldowns
Darkui
HodorReflexes
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Insight
LootDrop
Prov's TeamFormation
RaidBuffs
Raidificator
RaidNotifier
Untaunted
WPamA

libdialog
libaddonmenu-2.0
libSFUtils
LibMediaProvider-1.0
CombatMetricsFightData
LibCombat
Libstub
LibCustomMenu
LibFeedback
DariansUtilities
LibaddonKeybinds
LibGPS
LibMapPing
LibAsync
08/28/19, 03:45 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As it happens during dungeons and raids you should disable the raid addons and tyr without them. It cannot be said why this happens to you.
In the past the most problems occured with addons who do group stuff, like combat sharing or ultimate sharing or other stuff wheer group member updates were posted a lot like within Provisions Team Formation e.g.

Disable all the addons which got to do with group stuff and try if it's bette. YOu need to tests this a lot as we cannot help here from our side. Your pc, your addon settings

I normall disable one half of my addons, using an addon ingame profile manager like Circonians Addon Selector, to create the "upper half" and "lower half" and "full" addons list and try with them. If it works well, I'll go on enabling some of the addons from the upper half and so on until it stutters again.

Then, as you found out which addon could be the problem, post to it's comments and tell the author how to rebuild this, what addons need to be enabled for sure to get the problems. Even post info about your video settings and nameplate settings in ESO, just in case this relates to it.

From your addon lust I'd start to disable the following onse:
Bandits (or lui)
combat metrics
combat metronome
Cooldowns
HodorReflexes
Prov's TeamFormation
RaidBuffs
Raidificator
RaidNotifier

As they all relate to group and raid content. I do not know about Bandit's UI though but as it changes SO MUCH I'd even tyr to only disable this first.
08/28/19, 10:25 AM   #3
daimon
Premium Member

Premium Member
One good method to save your addon configuration is to go to the file explorer and navigate to
Yourdocuments\Elder Scrolls Online\live folder and make a backup from AddOnSettings.txt - this file includes enabled/disabled addon listing for any toon you have.

Restore the file from the backup when you're done trying out and have located the problem.
08/28/19, 01:40 PM   #4
Hootpocket
I found out what is causing the lock up specifically, not addon wise though. It is Blood Altar, probably minor lifesteal as a whole. I disabled cmx, raidbuffs, but still had bandits up, so I think for me ANYTHING that tracks it is causing the issue.
I got another video of testing it same boss, I had altar up game repeated what happened in the video I posted, literally the second it expired, instantly my fps jumped up, dropped it right after and back down. Is there anything I can do about this at all? Obviously I can just not drop it, but if someone else does I would assume the problem would happen again.

edit: could a lib addon be the source of lag? I have spent over 20 hours of testing trying to fix this, the only part that annoys me is that I can't solo test this in public dungeons or anything of that sort, even 40 test dummies stacked in my house on PTS doesn't cause the same issue.

Last edited by Hootpocket : 08/28/19 at 01:54 PM.
08/28/19, 01:48 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Zos would say: disable All addons and try again. Same advice from my side: is the fps drop gone then? I bet it's some addon code which is tracking the ability I'd of the blood altar and is running code too often or whatever.
Try to find out which one it is an report it to the dev in the addon comments.
08/28/19, 03:31 PM   #6
Hootpocket
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Zos would say: disable All addons and try again. Same advice from my side: is the fps drop gone then? I bet it's some addon code which is tracking the ability I'd of the blood altar and is running code too often or whatever.
Try to find out which one it is an report it to the dev in the addon comments.
yeah, if i literally turn off everything. I do not get any fps drop at least from the little bit of testing I was able to do before. When I turned off all addons in the past I must've uncheck addons and maybe left the libs running and that's why it still lagged? I really have zero clue. I'm slowly narrowing it down but honestly running a fourty minute dungeon and being able to test one or two addons at a time on/off is slowly killing me but I will figure it out... one day. thanks for the suggestions.
08/28/19, 03:32 PM   #7
ArtOfShred

I had someone report an issue with frames dropping with a lot of adds around on bosses on the LUI comments but they mentioned turning it off didn't bring that much of an improvement. They didn't specify if they just turned LUI off or all addons.

I don't actively play much anymore or run trials so I don't have the opportunity to test myself, but I can at least take a look at Blood Altar and see if its generating an insane amount of combat events.

Tbh ZoS needs to look at a few things like this - the Nightblade minor savagery passive also vomits combat events like no other last I checked.

Another possible problem could be this set if anyone is using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQsjyhRPvUs.
Exponential combat events depending on the number of targets, if 20 procs go off at once on 20 mobs you're got 400 combat events happening in the span of a few ms

EDIT: You know, it could also be some code that was changed with ability bars. They changed the way some of the events work and one of those changes caused LUI to either try to update ability bar highlight every time an ability was pressed or with combat events. I fixed it on my dev build but still have some work to do. You could try disabling the Combat Info component and seeing if that helps (not sure if Bandits would have the same issue with its ability tracking)

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 08/28/19 at 03:40 PM.
08/28/19, 06:12 PM   #8
Hootpocket
Originally Posted by ArtOfShred View Post
I had someone report an issue with frames dropping with a lot of adds around on bosses on the LUI comments but they mentioned turning it off didn't bring that much of an improvement. They didn't specify if they just turned LUI off or all addons.

I don't actively play much anymore or run trials so I don't have the opportunity to test myself, but I can at least take a look at Blood Altar and see if its generating an insane amount of combat events.

Tbh ZoS needs to look at a few things like this - the Nightblade minor savagery passive also vomits combat events like no other last I checked.

Another possible problem could be this set if anyone is using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQsjyhRPvUs.
Exponential combat events depending on the number of targets, if 20 procs go off at once on 20 mobs you're got 400 combat events happening in the span of a few ms

EDIT: You know, it could also be some code that was changed with ability bars. They changed the way some of the events work and one of those changes caused LUI to either try to update ability bar highlight every time an ability was pressed or with combat events. I fixed it on my dev build but still have some work to do. You could try disabling the Combat Info component and seeing if that helps (not sure if Bandits would have the same issue with its ability tracking)
That person was me! I switched to bandits just to test it, same thing. As you said it might be the ability bar thing. Since I do run action duration reminder instead of lui/bandits built in one. I'm trying to find some guildies to do some more controlled testing. If someone else casts it and not me, will it be fine, etc. the problem with thinking it's the action bar mods is that 90% of the time I'm fine till I do certain straining fights with a lot of computing power going on. I tried solo'ing the first boss of vICP with 2 adds up and I feel like my fps dropped a few when I casted it solo, but can't really tell if it's in my head. I will try my best to just reach out to authors to just give them a heads up about the situation and if they feel like looking into it. Thanks for still looking at the forums even with your discourage about the game
08/29/19, 03:26 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
With disable all addons I mean also the libraries, which are basically addons as well
And libraries alone won't be loaded if there is no addon which uses it, so they shouldn't lag the game.
Just disable ALL in the addon manager (you can use Circonians Addon Selector which provides a keybind to select/unselect all).
08/29/19, 03:42 AM   #10
Hootpocket
I must've still had something on or got a test mixed up. As I said it is 100% blood altar doing it, only thing I haven't pin pointed is if it is only when I cast it, or other forms of minor lifesteal. I tried repeating vet fang lair on my dps with the tank, and myself, running blood altar and didn't get lag but the fights didn't last nearly as long when I pug the runs with strangers. So the only variables so far to narrow it down is fight length, and queued as a tank/wearing tank gear (heavy armor with s&b/staff compared to medium with dw/bow) which I have tried on two different tanks, a argonian dk and a orc warden.
As time goes on I will slowly try to do more testing but what it comes down to is that it is blood altar causing it. I have for now taken it off my bar completely and even in long drawn out, combat intensive fights, no lag.

Last edited by Hootpocket : 08/29/19 at 03:58 AM.
08/29/19, 08:03 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Just in case: Maybe raise a /bug ingame about the blood altar that it might decrease dps significantly on long fights with much adds. Maybe ZOs finds something. Or write in the eso forums and ask if someone also noticed it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Any clue what addon is locking up my game