09/25/23, 10:57 AM   #1
drLemis

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tamriel Trash Centre - Released!

Tamriel Trash Centre:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ashCentre.html

Idea for this addon is not new, but I gave it a little spin!

It shows Tamriel Trade Centre prices (filtered by user settings) on items in inventory, which is done by a lot of other addons, but:
1. It can grade colors, no more "red = bad, green = good!" What about "dark orange = yeah, it does worth something, but not so much, not sure you want to spend your trade slots on that?" Or maybe you'll set up yourself colors so cool, that you'll discover a new one!

2. Listing price? Recommended price? Actual price people selling this item for? You got it, on two different toggleable markers!

3. Don't need TTC prices on items you can't actually sell because they are bound? You can just toggle them away! Want to know if selling item in shop is more profitable than trying to sell it in guilds? You got it! Don't want TTC prices on anything but set items? No problem!
And most importantly:
4. Have you ever farmed any sets that drop from activities like dolmens or public dungeons, and got dozens and dozens trash sets, that you will never wear and nobody even want to buy it? You can track sets and auto-junk them, if freshly acquired item cost less than you want to even bother! And when you change your mind - just un-track them, keeping everything from now on!
For example: "Mother's Sorrow" drops alongside with "Plague Doctor" and "Night Mother's Embrace", which you don't even want to look at. Never-ever, only if they are guild-sellable for at least a 1000g because of traits. Do you really want to check every ring and every boot, looking for profit? Let Tamriel Trash Centre junk them for you.

========

This addon was born when I was looking at my inventory and thinking "man, I don't even want to read info for every one of that items, maybe a couple of rings worth something, if only there was a way...", but did not want to play with hundreds of Dustman filters or look for plugins for plugins for addons which I didn't even know exist.

This addon looks for suggestions, bug-hunting and overall feedback!

Yes, "but this plugin for this addon from 2019 which is build into another addon that weight 200 MB does exactly that" or "we already have all those features, just install this pair of addons" is still a feedback, but there's a big chance it's already common knowledge!
It's a small tool built for a small niche, or so I think. If it can be something greater - I'll be glad to improve it!

TODO:
- Anything (almost) community suggests!
- Better settings UI
- Controller mode support
- Localizations
========

Fun fact of the day:
Did you know that selling soul gems and some free-found leveled potions to usual NPC shop owners is more profitable than selling it in guilds by "average sell price" because of fees? I didn't until I build this addon and checked strange inconsistencies in data!
09/25/23, 12:04 PM   #2
DakJaniels
some feedback

If you don't need to offer the functions to the rest of the Global namespace, consider using local functions.

You are also calling LibAddonMenu2 from its global and not from the library.

Lua Code:
  1. local LAM = LibAddonMenu2
  3. LAM :RegisterOptionControls(TamrielTrashCentre.name .. "_LibAddonMenu2", PanelData)

Code:
Filename | +New Global Line | New Global Name

TamrielTrashCentreSettings.lua
+       73 GetMarkerSettings
+       81 GetMarkerDefaults
+       89 GetTrashSettings
+       93 GetTrashDefaults
+      233 CheckIfTableAContainsB
+      250 GetTableLength
+      369 GetAmountTrackedSets
+      380 GetAmountUntrackedSets
+      391 CreateSettings
+      590 RGBA2HSVA
+      616 HSVA2RGBA

TamrielTrashCentreAutoTrash.lua
+      126 ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkMouseUp
09/25/23, 02:15 PM   #3
drLemis

Good point! Should probably clean that up, and probably also filter "inventory changed" events!

Are you using some plugin for finding those loose ends, or compiled that list yourself just by looking at code?
09/25/23, 03:36 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...pollution.html

I think DakJaniels also got an enhanced version of that tool.

Or use the lua code checkers in Vscode, IntelliJ IDEA or any other IDE used for your coding.
09/25/23, 04:05 PM   #5
DakJaniels
Originally Posted by drLemis View Post
Good point! Should probably clean that up, and probably also filter "inventory changed" events!

Are you using some plugin for finding those loose ends, or compiled that list yourself just by looking at code?
Open PowerShell then go to the extracted folder and run .\ESOGLOBALS.ps1 -path "C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\1695646769-TamrielTrashCentre\TamrielTrashCentre" -ParseXML -OmitReferences | Out-File -Path C:TTCTrash.log

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	113
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1624
ESO Addon Validation with ESOLua.zip

then a nice log output will be in the eso validation folder.

ESOUI » AddOns » Released AddOns » Tamriel Trash Centre - Released!