09/02/14, 12:20 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Event post hook -> Start my event function after all other addons using an event?

Hi, I've found a thread about a post hook, where a funcion will be executed after another function call.

Code:
local postHook = function(funcName, callback)
  local tmp = _G[funcName]
  _G[funcName] = function(...)
    tmp(...)
    callback()
  end
end
Is it possible to do the same with events? I would like to fire my function from the event EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE.
But I need to be sure all other, or at least 1, addon(s) have executed their code already before my function will be called. Otherwise some data is missing or wrong.

I tried to do it with a simple zo_callLater () function, giving it 2 seconds time, but this is not working and seems not to be the good way :-)

Is there any way I can achieve this?

Thanks for your help.
09/02/14, 12:49 PM   #2
merlight
I wanted the same thing once. I don't think I've come to a conclusion, I presumed handlers are called in the order they're registered, but as you have problems, it probably doesn't work that way.

If you can't find any better solution, I suggest a cheat:
- OptionallyDepend on the required addon (assuming it registers the event in its EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED)
- unregister the event, register your own, and call the addon's function from yours
-- obviously impossible if that addon's handler is local; and here you made me thinking why am I always making handlers local
09/02/14, 01:09 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The function of that other addon is local, as it should be. Too bad :-)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Event post hook -> Start my event function after all other addons using an event?