01/03/21, 01:42 PM   #1
ramseyhawkeye

Map Pins and Minimap UI Error - New Player

Greetings!

I am coming to the forums to hopefully clear up an issue that I am having with MapPins add-ons via library.

--------------------------
Specifically, the error messages that I am getting are:
"Failed to create control 'AUI_MapPin0'. Duplicate name."
"User:/AddOns/AUI/Modules/minimap/classes/PinClass.usa:16: attempt to index a nil value"

NOTE: The above error is much longer and presents a highlights word of "Mystery Metal" deeper into the report.

This error pops up when I:
Enter a new area
Open the map via "M" key

And fails to load map when I use "show on map" option for quests.

I can most likely turn off the addon's that utilize MapPins for their dependencies but I really want for my Lorebook Addon to work (Mages Guild XP too Good)

---------------------------

This is my first week playing ESO and I am coming from WoW so I have a little insight on how addon programs and their dependencies operate, however, I am noticing that there aren't as many options for ESO addons as there is in WoW so I am at a loss on what to do.

If anybody could provide useful advice or assistance, I would be in complete appreciation!

Hope your New Year is off to an amazing start and you made out like a bandit during this Holiday Season!

Stay safe friends,

Ramsey OUT!
01/03/21, 01:47 PM   #2
ramseyhawkeye

Haha, nice.

I was playing around some more and the obvious Addon causing these errors was AUI.

I will not be utilizing that program until I can better figure out how to not get the errors. Are there any other UI overhaul addons I could possibly use in its place?

Much Love,

Ramsey
01/03/21, 02:11 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Welcome to ESO.

Code:
"User:/AddOns/AUI/Modules/minimap/classes/PinClass.usa:16: attempt to index a nil value"
-> AddOns/AUI/ means it is in the c:\users\your windows username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AUI folder -> so the addon which might trigger the error is AUI.
But it could be another addon like e.g. MapPins (as you said you are using this and it's also about the map. The AUI error occured at the Minimap module as the name of the lua file says in the error) as well if if interfers with AUI. Or it's a library both/one of the addons use.

Read here about how to find out what addon causes an error and how to report them properly at best:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

So please navigate to the addon named in the error message and tell the author via a private message or the comments section of the addon.
Starting threads wont help to track them and fix them, it's getting very disturbing if there are several threads all about different addon errors in teh forums. The addon got a comment section or even sometimes a "bug" and "features" section where you are ale to report them.
And the addon author will be notified then and will see the comments, but he won't be notified by any threads in the forums.

The benefit for you is as well that other uers might have reported the error already, so read the comments + the 1st comment by the author (which is sometimes made sticky so it will stay at the top of the addon comments). Often you'll find ways to fix that error locally for you or a workaround to fix it until a patch is released.

Thank you.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/04/21 at 04:06 AM.
01/03/21, 07:15 PM   #4
ramseyhawkeye

Beartram,

Thank you so much! I'm excited to hear that the Authors actually care about their addons and are willing to work with the players.

You are an absolute saint and I hope that you have a wonderful evening!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Map Pins and Minimap UI Error - New Player