01/18/20, 12:09 PM   #1
Rhae7
TESO - KillCounter Issue

Hey Guys,

I could really do with some help. I'm, getting the error message posted below and haven't got a clue with regards to how to fix it. any help? thanks

user:/AddOns/KillCounter/lib/gui.lua:1983: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/KillCounter/lib/gui.lua:1983: in function 'KC_G.showStats'
:1: in function '(main chunk)'
<Locals> keybind = "KILLCOUNTER _SHOW_PANEL" </Locals>
01/18/20, 05:46 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please do not double post here, as you alsready asked in the addon comments:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

btw: There is a post in the KillCounter comments named "!READ THIS FIRST PLEASE, BEFORE SENDING NEW BUGs!".
Do the dev the favor and read + try hwt is described there. Maybe it fixes your problem already.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/18/20 at 05:48 PM.
01/19/20, 04:32 AM   #3
Rhae7
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Please do not double post here, as you alsready asked in the addon comments:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

btw: There is a post in the KillCounter comments named "!READ THIS FIRST PLEASE, BEFORE SENDING NEW BUGs!".
Do the dev the favor and read + try hwt is described there. Maybe it fixes your problem already.
wow that's a friendly welcome after my very first post

Well, I did the dev a favour and actually read their post: I'm often driven by common sense. However, had I managed to fix the issue I certainly would have not engulfed the forum with a new post.

I know zero about coding so please let me know if this is a Coders Only Forum: I shall leave it without bothering people

Last edited by Rhae7 : 01/19/20 at 04:36 AM.
01/19/20, 10:09 AM   #4
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
You're fine.
It's just polite to first go to the addon's page and leave a comment (which you did) and wait 3-7 days (at least) for a response there before asking on the forum for help.
The addon help/support forum is more as a last resort type thing

It looks like you got a response on the addon's comment page too btw.
Good luck and may the RNG be ever in your favor!
01/19/20, 10:25 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sorry for not being as max politely as I could be I'm not checking the post counts and backgrounds of users before answering.
I just provided you the information you have asked for, without any welcome message.
And IF you would had mentioned you had read the post in the comments already, which I and others answering here cannot assume or know, I wouldn't have mentioned it "again" for you. Better tell us what you did already in advance next time, could help to fix stuff as well.

Wasn't meant to sound rude, just informative and strict to the point what you have asked for.

Originally Posted by Rhae7 View Post
wow that's a friendly welcome after my very first post

Well, I did the dev a favour and actually read their post: I'm often driven by common sense. However, had I managed to fix the issue I certainly would have not engulfed the forum with a new post.

I know zero about coding so please let me know if this is a Coders Only Forum: I shall leave it without bothering people

Last edited by Baertram : 01/19/20 at 10:28 AM.
01/19/20, 12:04 PM   #6
Rhyono
Baertram was correct, though. Your issue is listed at the bottom of the post he told you to read.

If that's not the origin of your issue, then you will want to turn off all addons, run it alone, if it doesn't work: you have a new issue that needs reported. If it does work: slowly turn addons on until you get the error again and report to the author the addon causing the conflict.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » TESO - KillCounter Issue