10/23/18, 03:23 PM   #1
Demi-Demon
Harvest Map

I hate making yet another thread but a bit of help would be nice. I know in Cyrodiil they moved the resource nodes due to new buildings, is there anyway to clear Cyrodiil pins on Harvest Map so I can redo them next time I am in there? I asked this on the add-on comments but it's been pushed back a few pages with bug reports so just asking here.
10/23/18, 03:41 PM   #2
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you change the outdated data settings in HarvestMap, it does not automatically delete all outdated nodes. It will only delete the nodes on the maps you are looking at. It's unintended but you can use this behavior to delete only data on certain maps.

Here is what you can do:
- Make a backup of the HarvestMap*.lua files in the SavedVariables folder. Just in case something goes wrong.
- Travel to Cyrodiil, then go to settings and change the outdated data settings to the current patch. Then hit the apply button.
- Open the map and look at Cyrodiil. The map should be empty because HarvestMap deleted all data older than the current patch on this map.
- Then go back to the settings and revert your outdated data settings (probably game version 1.0).
- Now reload the ui via /reloadui.

After this only the data of the viewed maps (i.e. Cyrodiil) should be deleted. It's important that you are in Cyrodiil when doing this, because when you open the map you will automatically look at your current location. Also remember to revert the outdated data setting, so you don't accidentally delete other areas later on.
10/26/18, 07:02 PM   #3
Demi-Demon
Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
When you change the outdated data settings in HarvestMap, it does not automatically delete all outdated nodes. It will only delete the nodes on the maps you are looking at. It's unintended but you can use this behavior to delete only data on certain maps.

Here is what you can do:
- Make a backup of the HarvestMap*.lua files in the SavedVariables folder. Just in case something goes wrong.
- Travel to Cyrodiil, then go to settings and change the outdated data settings to the current patch. Then hit the apply button.
- Open the map and look at Cyrodiil. The map should be empty because HarvestMap deleted all data older than the current patch on this map.
- Then go back to the settings and revert your outdated data settings (probably game version 1.0).
- Now reload the ui via /reloadui.

After this only the data of the viewed maps (i.e. Cyrodiil) should be deleted. It's important that you are in Cyrodiil when doing this, because when you open the map you will automatically look at your current location. Also remember to revert the outdated data setting, so you don't accidentally delete other areas later on.
Okay, thank you! After looking it over a bit, I don't think I actually need to do this. Will double check next round I am in PVP.
10/26/18, 07:45 PM   #4
blacktiger19143
HarvestMap Not Working

Hi I just logged into ESO and got that message for HarvestMap (user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:165: operator / is not supported for nil / number
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:165: in function 'QP_WorldMapPins:UpdateSize'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:158: in function 'QP_WorldMapPins:New'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:250: in function 'lib:RegisterPinType'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/MapPins.lua:363: in function 'MapPins:RegisterResourcePinTypes'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/MapPins.lua:478: in function 'MapPins:Initialize'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/HarvestMap.lua:37: in function 'Harvest.OnLoad') Don't know what's going on with HarvestMap. All the node pins that I used to have are now all gone, can someone help, thanks
10/26/18, 08:31 PM   #5
Rhynchelma
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by blacktiger19143 View Post
Hi I just logged into ESO and got that message for HarvestMap (user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:165: operator / is not supported for nil / number
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:165: in function 'QP_WorldMapPins:UpdateSize'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:158: in function 'QP_WorldMapPins:New'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:250: in function 'lib:RegisterPinType'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/MapPins.lua:363: in function 'MapPins:RegisterResourcePinTypes'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Pins/MapPins.lua:478: in function 'MapPins:Initialize'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/HarvestMap.lua:37: in function 'Harvest.OnLoad') Don't know what's going on with HarvestMap. All the node pins that I used to have are now all gone, can someone help, thanks
The layest version should have fixed this.
10/27/18, 05:56 AM   #6
blacktiger19143
Unhappy HarvestMap Not Working

It should have but as of this moment it hasn't. I have Minion set to automatically download the newest patches for add ons and harvest map is still not working.
10/27/18, 09:58 AM   #7
Rhynchelma
Premium Member
Premium Member
Never use Minion, I find it easier to do stuff the old-fashioned way.
10/28/18, 02:57 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Rhynchelma View Post
Never use Minion, I find it easier to do stuff the old-fashioned way.
Bull****?
If you like to use minion it depends on the following :
YOU need to check addon changelogs/descriptions and read them! Especially for addons where you were aware of errors. If you simply auto update without reading what you got to do, it won't work for all addons.

Last edited by Baertram : 10/28/18 at 10:48 AM.
10/28/18, 03:25 AM   #9
Rhynchelma
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Bull****?
…….
Love the response.

I said what I found easier, I did not suggest others did the same.

Last edited by Rhynchelma : 10/28/18 at 04:32 AM.
10/28/18, 04:41 AM   #10
Kyoma
To be honest, I have more faith in a user reading things like recent changes when they manually install their addons than when they use Minion.
10/28/18, 05:24 AM   #11
Marazota
so, anyone know how to prevent HarvestMap do not turn off all pins if you in combat?
go in combat and open+close map
all pins dissapear until you will go out of combat

Last edited by Marazota : 10/28/18 at 09:18 AM.
10/28/18, 08:59 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Rhynchelma View Post
Love the response.

I said what I found easier, I did not suggest others did the same.
Well, got it wrong then cuz there was missing the "I" at the beginning.
10/28/18, 09:06 PM   #13
Demi-Demon
Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
To be honest, I have more faith in a user reading things like recent changes when they manually install their addons than when they use Minion.
I check there, recent comments and the forums. Sometimes I just can't seem to find my answer, so just resort to forums. I'm terrible at modding by hand, I seem to always mess it up so I just go with Minion instead. Dx
10/29/18, 03:10 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'd disable the auto update within minion and just click the addons in minion before the update.
You'll see the addons description text there too + the changelogas well (a small link at the top left popup of the addon within Minion).

Most of the time the addon description shows the dependencies at the beginning and/or in the changelog there is written what was patched, changed, fixed, and if you need to do some manual steps like resetting the SavedVariables etc.

Sometimes you need to do this BEFORE update so I'd recommand to ALWAYS read before updating.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Harvest Map