04/09/14, 07:13 PM   #1
Maleficus

Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch

Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch..

It just sits there detecting/loading my addons and never stops.

Also if I close the window it stays open, I have to open task manager and kill minion.exe
04/09/14, 11:56 PM   #2
tseka
Question

Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch..

It just sits there detecting/loading my addons and never stops.

Also if I close the window it stays open, I have to open task manager and kill minion.exe
I see the same issue too: after launching, Minion hangs at the "Loading" window, detects my addons but never completes. I can close the application normally when I click the X button though. I first saw the problem ~10 hours ago and never got Minion to run again since then.

thanks for a GREAT tool!
04/09/14, 11:59 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Try deleting your minion.xml.

Windows: C:\Users\<user name\.minion\minion.xml
Mac: rm ~\.minion\minion.xml
04/10/14, 01:06 AM   #4
Maleficus

Fixed it.. Thanks
04/10/14, 02:37 AM   #5
tseka
me too (again) - deleting minion.xml (almost) fixed it

I do have 2 folders under C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online (live and liveEU) and looks like Minion silently picked the wrong one during the update yesterday?

even after deleting the LIVE folder (I play EU), Minion created a new LIVE folder and selected that path - still detecting the addons I have installed in the LIVEEU folder. when I manually update the path in OPTIONS and point it to the LIVEEU folder, Minion hangs again on next launch :-(

repeating the procedure a second time (LIVE folder deleted again - only LIVEEU existed), Minion asked me to select the game (=ESO) and the addon folder manually. after that all started working again...

don't ask me what made my first installation fail when the second try (imho identical) succeeded...

still a GREAT tool
04/10/14, 10:33 AM   #6
Draycon
I have the same problem. I guess the reason is the game addon-path value. When you start minion the first time it grabs the live path and somehow encrypts that path to the xml. When you manually change the path in Minion to liveeu the path is added in plain text. I guess Minion is then unable to interpret those unencrypted values. So up to now I would suggest that the program is useless for all european players...

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Stuck Loading Addons at launch