06/07/22, 09:03 PM   #1
Sp00sty
TLC Error still throwing every login but no addon specified

I know there was a major API change noted for TLC and I have already updated via Minion for all my addons that have posted since Patch went live.

All the previous named Addons have cleared from BugCatcher but I am now getting a generic TLC error upon login and then continuing while just sitting still, maybe 5-10 sec apart.

TopLevelControl cannot be parented to any control but GuiRoot.

w/o an addon specified is there somewhere else I should look? Does this indicate that the TLC error is just wider spread and I will have to just do a one at a time enable to check for it now?

I have AddonSelector so it is easy enough to start adding all the clean addons back into a new Group Save, please just let me know if I should get started or give it until next week when Authors have more time.
06/07/22, 09:36 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You will need to figure out which mod is by disabling them. It's a mod that most likely has not been updated since or shortly before High Isle.
06/08/22, 04:38 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Search your addons folder via text search for TopLevelControl to find the ones using any, and then check which of these is enabled as the error happens.
06/08/22, 05:36 AM   #4
Sp00sty
Thanks Baertram,

That's another easy do with Notepad++, I can find and disable at the same time.
06/10/22, 01:18 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

I have just uploaded a new version of LibDebugLogger which can be configured via StartUpConfig.lua to attempt to capture stacktraces for the TLC errors. It's by far not perfect as it may not register traces for any controls that are created from virtual templates and also won't show the correct stack trace in case more than one unnamed control is created in the same frame, but it's better than nothing.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » TLC Error still throwing every login but no addon specified