09/09/15, 07:57 PM   #1
Augmenti-DeMontia
My Status Window issues

I've gotten it to work, by updating the Lib-2 folder but at least since the latest patch this issue has shown up in the Chat Window.

[20:50] [LAM2] The panel with id 'MSWOptions' was registered before addon loading has completed. This might break the AddOn Settings menu.

[21:57] [LAM2] An old version of LibAddonMenu with compatibility issues was detected. For more information on how to proceed search for LibAddonMenu on esoui.com
Any idea what might be causing this and how I might fix it? It looks like what's actually happening is MSW is creating it's own Addon Settings Menu, instead of being with all the other mods.

Thanks

Last edited by Augmenti-DeMontia : 09/09/15 at 09:05 PM.
09/10/15, 12:15 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is an addon (MSW?) with a too old version of LAM2. Go and search for LibAddonMenu files and replace older once with those of a recent updated addon.
A good one should look like this:
Code:
--	LibAddonMenu-2.0 & its files © Ryan Lakanen (Seerah)		--
--	Distributed under The Artistic License 2.0 (see LICENSE)	--
------------------------------------------------------------------

--Register LAM with LibStub
local MAJOR, MINOR = "LibAddonMenu-2.0", 18
local lam, oldminor = LibStub:NewLibrary(MAJOR, MINOR)
/Edit 1. MSW is MyStatusWindow, right? This addon has LAM2 r14.

Last edited by votan : 09/10/15 at 01:22 AM.
09/10/15, 05:11 AM   #3
Garkin

In addition to Votan's comment -

I strongly recommend creating settings panels in EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED or later. Libraries in this addon are based on LibStub - so they can be (and will be) automatically updated if there is newer version included in any other addon. MyStatusWindow registers setting panel immediately when "settings.lua" is processed, so library can't be properly updated to the latest version and it can cause issues later (that's why you see that warning message).
09/11/15, 02:08 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
In addition to Votan's comment -

I strongly recommend creating settings panels in EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED or later. Libraries in this addon are based on LibStub - so they can be (and will be) automatically updated if there is newer version included in any other addon. MyStatusWindow registers setting panel immediately when "settings.lua" is processed, so library can't be properly updated to the latest version and it can cause issues later (that's why you see that warning message).
This is in fact true for all libraries.
Library authors should make sure that they either initialize in response to EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED or correctly handle reinitialization by newer versions of their library.
Authors who use a library should generally not call it before EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED fired, unless the library author says that it is fine.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » My Status Window issues