04/18/14, 03:24 AM   #1
delos.dinh
Minion not Updating

Hi there

I've been trying to update addons for a day now but the status seems to indefinitely hang there, not downloading at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1284
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	160

There are no instances of two or more Minion applications running and I've even tried disabling my firewall completely. Attached is the my .xml and .log files. Please help!

Thanks
Delos Dinh
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (606 Bytes, 742 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (27.6 KB, 740 views)
File Type: log minion1.log (10.6 KB, 659 views)
File Type: log minion2.log (30.6 KB, 694 views)
04/18/14, 04:09 AM   #2
delos.dinh
Also, I should add that his happened after a recent update of the client.
04/18/14, 06:12 AM   #3
Zagadka
I had this. Try going into options, uncheck AutoUpdate, then recheck it. That will cause the client to check and update. Well, it did for me, anyway.
04/18/14, 06:28 AM   #4
delos.dinh
Originally Posted by Zagadka View Post
I had this. Try going into options, uncheck AutoUpdate, then recheck it. That will cause the client to check and update. Well, it did for me, anyway.
Thanks for the reply. I have the settings on manual update by default, I don't put automatic updates. The client can identify updates fine, just the actual updating that seems to be the problem. It doesn't download nor install the update.
04/18/14, 10:28 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi delos.dinh, it looks like Minion may be running more than once on your system and the fact you have minion1.log & minion2.log logs really tells me you have multiple instances of Minion running. You should only have minion0.log

Code:
<message>java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Users\Trung\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\InventoryMod\de_Locale.lua: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
</message>
Try this:
1. Close Minion
2. Right click on your task bar and choose "Start Task Manager"
3. Change to the processes tab
4. Look for Minion.exe and select it
5. Press end process
6. Repeat 5 & 6 for all instances of Minion.exe
7. Load Minion back up and see if that has fixed your problem.

If that sounds too complicated simply restarting your computer should take care of it too.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/18/14 at 10:30 AM.
04/18/14, 08:10 PM   #6
delos.dinh
I used to have multiple instances of Minion but after an update it doesn't occur anymore. I'm 100% sure there is no two or more instances of Minion. Even after closing the application, I've checked task manager to find nothing. Not too sure why there is multiple log files. I did reset ESO once or twice before because I wanted to reset the user preferences, that may be why but it shouldn't explain why the addons aren't updating.
04/19/14, 05:38 AM   #7
MaksTR
I also fails to update addons. runing only one instance of the program and file system errors in the log havent
Attached Files
File Type: log minion0.log (85.1 KB, 743 views)
04/19/14, 01:38 PM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you post your minion.xml.

I see your error is different than delos.dinh's so on the surface its the same problem but probably different resolution.

<record>
<date>2014-04-19T14:23:24</date>
<millis>1397906604903</millis>
<sequence>228</sequence>
<logger>com.zam.minion.service.InstallLaterTask</logger>
<level>SEVERE</level>
<class>com.zam.minion.service.InstallLaterTask</class>
<method>failed</method>
<thread>14</thread>
<message>java.io.EOFException: No content to map to Object due to end of input</message>
</record>
04/19/14, 01:41 PM   #9
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by delos.dinh View Post
I used to have multiple instances of Minion but after an update it doesn't occur anymore. I'm 100% sure there is no two or more instances of Minion. Even after closing the application, I've checked task manager to find nothing. Not too sure why there is multiple log files. I did reset ESO once or twice before because I wanted to reset the user preferences, that may be why but it shouldn't explain why the addons aren't updating.
I notice you are running the old version of the minion.xml, can you delete it and restart Minion? It should create a new version and may fix your problem. Please let me know.
04/19/14, 03:01 PM   #10
MaksTR
thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Can you post your minion.xml.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (649 Bytes, 705 views)
04/20/14, 08:32 AM   #11
delos.dinh
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I notice you are running the old version of the minion.xml, can you delete it and restart Minion? It should create a new version and may fix your problem. Please let me know.
IT WORKS!! Thank you! All good now, your solution worked
04/24/14, 05:10 PM   #12
mattmesa
Originally Posted by delos.dinh View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have the settings on manual update by default, I don't put automatic updates. The client can identify updates fine, just the actual updating that seems to be the problem. It doesn't download nor install the update.
I was having the same issue. The autoupdate was selected (I believe by default) in options and decided to follow this recommendation but when I clicked it, it didn't uncheck but did seem to recognize there were updates available - which is a step in the right direction. I am not sure if it actually updated them (downloaded/installed) - if it did it was near instantaneous.

Beyond updating AddOns I'm just curious how to actually update minion?

Sorry if these are noob questions; but, I am, and just so everyone knows I did go try to find my own answers first.

Thanks in advance if anyone can guide us further.
04/26/14, 01:04 PM   #13
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by mattmesa View Post
I was having the same issue. The autoupdate was selected (I believe by default) in options and decided to follow this recommendation but when I clicked it, it didn't uncheck but did seem to recognize there were updates available - which is a step in the right direction. I am not sure if it actually updated them (downloaded/installed) - if it did it was near instantaneous.
There is a bug with auto-update. It is not selected by default however if enabled it will not auto update ESO addons when the client starts and will put those greyed out buttons next to the addon in the list. If you toggle auto-update it will force it to do the task. If you disable auto-update and restar Minion you will get an "Update All" button on the installed list and working "Update" buttons.

I hope to have this bug fixed soon!

Originally Posted by mattmesa View Post
Beyond updating AddOns I'm just curious how to actually update minion?
Every time you start Minion it looks for a new version of the client automatically. If it finds a new version it will prompt you saying there is an update for Minion and ask if you would like to Update and restart?

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion not Updating