11/23/14, 07:01 AM   #1
Dingodan

Clean Savedvariables

Hello,

I search for an Addon or an external Tool to clean easy the SavedVariables from old Characters.

My SavedVariables have nearly all Character stored that I have created and deleted from the beginning of the ESO Beta till now. And the bugged entries from the earlier ESO Updates (ex. wrong Account Name).

I've tried to clean these SavedVariables but I'm frustrated about my non existing lua knownlegde. I dunno how many (,),{,},[,] should be in the correct order. I messed up some SavedVariables and have to setup some Addons setting completely new.

Does anyone have an solution for me to clean it without deleting all SavedVariables and begin to setup all used Addons?
03/01/15, 01:39 PM   #2
xMovingTarget
I would like that too!

Any way to do it without going through each file manually?
03/01/15, 03:37 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know such a tool but if you use some good and free text editor, like Notepad++, you would be able to see the SavedVariable file contents more clearly.

The { and } would build blovks that you can close and open by clicking the - and + symbols next to it.
If I remember right you can even jump from the opening { to the closing } by help of keybindings.
This way you can see which part belongs together.

If you just want to delete old character settings you need to find the character's name inside the file first.
An example file will look like this e.g.:

Lua Code:
  1. ExampleSavedVars =
  2. {
  3.     ["Default"] =
  4.     {
  5.         ["@AccountName"] =
  6.         {
  7.             ["YourOldCharacterName"] =
  8.             {
  9.                 ...
  10.             } -- closes YourOldCharacterName
  12.             ["YourCurrentCharacterName"] =
  13.             {
  14.                 ...
  15.             } -- closes YourCurrentCharacterName
  17.         } -- closes @AccountName
  18.     } -- closes Default
  19. } -- closes ExampleSavedVars

You can search for "YourOldCharacterName" and everything that is in between the opening { and the closing } after that username is the saved settings part for this character.

So if you use a good text editor, click the - symbol after your old character name and then select (by mouse or keyboard SHIFT+Key down) the line "YourOldCharatcerName" + the minimized { ... } block you are able to delete the whole block at once.

Account wide settings:
There are also some account wide settings which apply to each character! You can change them but deleting them will remove the settings for all your characters!
They look like this:

Lua Code:
  1. Example_AccountWide_Settings =
  2. {
  3.     ["Default"] =
  4.     {
  5.         ["@AccountName"] =
  6.         {
  7.             ["$AccountWide"] =
  8.             {
  9.             } -- closes $AccountWide
  10.         } -- closes @AccountName
  11.     } -- closes Default
  12. } -- closes Example_AfccountWide_Settings
03/01/15, 08:53 PM   #4
merlight
Hm, I remember when I first read this request. This time I tried something. Not sure the general user will consider Zgoo more comfortable than text editor, but whatever....

Here's modified Zgoo

Install, log in, type:
/zgoo sv

A window will pop up with a list of of table names from various add-ons. Hit the [+] button to see contents. Most of the tables will look like this when expanded:
- AzurahDB
--- @AccountName
---- "Ann" = table
---- "Bob" = table
etc.

Now if you want to delete Bob's data, hit the [DEL] button on the left. You will have to confirm, it's really dangerous and irreversible. /reloadui and Bob's data should be gone from Azurah's SavedVars.
03/04/15, 11:45 AM   #5
xMovingTarget
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Hm, I remember when I first read this request. This time I tried something. Not sure the general user will consider Zgoo more comfortable than text editor, but whatever....

Here's modified Zgoo

Install, log in, type:
/zgoo sv

A window will pop up with a list of of table names from various add-ons. Hit the [+] button to see contents. Most of the tables will look like this when expanded:
- AzurahDB
--- @AccountName
---- "Ann" = table
---- "Bob" = table
etc.

Now if you want to delete Bob's data, hit the [DEL] button on the left. You will have to confirm, it's really dangerous and irreversible. /reloadui and Bob's data should be gone from Azurah's SavedVars.
Thanks mate, that was very helpful. And not that tedious as going through all the files.

Last edited by xMovingTarget : 03/04/15 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typo
03/29/21, 12:28 AM   #6
siavash
thank you

thank you merlight it worked perfect
03/29/21, 04:38 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
btw: Same can be done via merTorchbug. You need to check the txt file of the addon (e.g. if the addon foldername is MyAddon1 open the MyAddon1.txt file and read the lines
Code:
## SavedVariables: <tableName1> <tableName2> ...
<tableName1> 2 and so on are the global varibale names which you are able to inspect ingame then via /ZGOO <tableName1> or /tbug <tableName1>

Torchbug also provides a list of addons ingame if you type /tbug addons or just /tbug (or /tb) and open teh global inspector with the tabs "Controls", "Addons" and so one. I might add another for the SavedVariables.

And then you'll see all contents of the SV table and are able to right click it to change it, or to edit it. By choosing NIL from the context menu or removing the entry text of the line (clear it and press return key) it will be set = nil

This also is deleting that dta without any backup possibilities!!! So make sure to copy and keep a backuped file as you were logged out before!!!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Clean Savedvariables