03/30/21, 08:28 AM   #1
Elrigh
Queue or Ability logged in shown on Screen

I still struggle with the weaving.
To get better I tried a couple of Addons but had a hard time to understand some of them.
I ended up with Global Cool Monitor and Miats Cast Icon on Top of it, but smaller so that I can see both. (GCM becomes basically a frame around the Cast Icon when I channel an ability).
That did help me to get a good understanding and to train my timing.
But I still have problems because I never know if the game has registered / logged my button press.

What I think of is an addon which shows the current skill executed and the next one queued, inlcuding light or strong attacks. Or at leasts the next skill in queue, that would already be enough.
This way you would always know if the skill is registered or not.

Is this even possible? And would someone be kind enough to do such an addon?
03/30/21, 08:37 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no feedback from the server afaik if any skill was used or not. If the skill produces a buff you coudl check for that one, but this would need to know which skill does what buff etc. And it's a pain in the ass to create and keep this list updated...

Did you try the weaving related addons already?
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/search.php
Search for "weave" and you'll find 2 of them.

These addons also tell us that you need to multi-press ("hammer") the skills to make sure the skill will be executed by the server.
Tells me there is no way to really "detect" it via addons/API... (as described above).

Last edited by Baertram : 03/30/21 at 08:40 AM.
03/30/21, 09:12 AM   #3
Elrigh
Did you try the weaving related addons already?
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/search.php
Search for "weave" and you'll find 2 of them.
There are actually more. I tried everyone I could find.
Perfect Weave did not work at all. I did not understand Weave Delays. Combat Metronome needs updates.
I used Light Attack Helper first. It gives you a Light Attack / second Ratio, which helped me for a while.

As I said, I replaced it with GCM and the Cast Icon, which do a good job in showing me when itīs time to press the next button.

Maybe I just have to become a bit more relaxed about mistakes. An error in the rotation makes me nervous and draws me into messing things up.

Thanks for your answer.
03/30/21, 09:27 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Well, I cannot say this is true:
Code:
Perfect Weave did not work at all.
It's a pretty generic phrase, so I'm not sure what detail it refers to in your case.

But:
If you read the description and follow it, + watch videos about ESO weaving, it's pretty working, afai have tested it.
I'm not using it but I tried it out and it worked. And I'm pretty sure andi will help you if it is not working for you.
Maybe you do not understand it correctly or do not use the weaving like it is intended to be used.

Try to read the description again and write the author what is not working at the addon commens, so he is able to check and fix where possible.
Always better than trying to create a new addon "just for your usecase/handling".

In the end, imho, you can also just play without "weaving addons". These combat and weaving addons always are dependent on your network latency and other server handled stuff (like the hammering of skills and light attacks to make it work -> if your ping is good you only need to hammer it twice, if not you need to do it 4 times or even more...). So these criteria always interferes as well, or might at least.

Maybe I just have to become a bit more relaxed about mistakes. An error in the rotation makes me nervous and draws me into messing things up.
I know exactly what you mean You need to get relaxed about the "whole game". If you are not up to playing the end content raids "at best level" it's all doable without any addons. They only ease it a bit. Everything else should be about the fun and not perfection.

Last edited by Baertram : 03/30/21 at 09:29 AM.
03/30/21, 09:54 AM   #5
Elrigh
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Well, I cannot say this is true:
Code:
Perfect Weave did not work at all.
It's a pretty generic phrase, so I'm not sure what detail it refers to in your case.
Like, itīs not working at all. Not showing anything on screen. Not sure why.

(Edit: Oh. After reading it a third time I understand that the image shown is not the addon at all. I searched for the shown image on screen and thought it is broken.

I know exactly what you mean You need to get relaxed about the "whole game". If you are not up to playing the end content raids "at best level" it's all doable without any addons. They only ease it a bit. Everything else should be about the fun and not perfection.
Thanks for the advice. Most of the time I play solo with the daily dungeons, had my first vet dungeon yesterday and it went good so far, but I always feel a tension to give my best when playing with other people. Something from the time I played MMOs more Hardcore.

Last edited by Elrigh : 03/30/21 at 10:00 AM.
03/30/21, 09:59 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As I said: Read the description
There is no UI!

Only an extract of the description
Worry no more! This addon won't let you use a next skill in your rotation until you've done a light attack. Without going into technical details, which you can find below, just try spamming light attack button and a skill simultaneously on a dummy and see how it works.
Edit:
Yep, the screenshot is from another addon just showing the skills used.
Recasting of the skills shouldn't be necessary, to do the next light attack. It would only be necessary as the skill was not recognized properly. This is why one needs to hammer the skill key a bit each time, same like the light attack.

If this still leads to skills needed to be "really casted several times" it either is a feature of the addon to be able to use light atatcks again if something went wrong, or a bug.
In both cases you should ask the addon author in the addon comments if this is a feature or a bug (or both^^).

Last edited by Baertram : 03/30/21 at 10:02 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Queue or Ability logged in shown on Screen