03/24/22, 02:35 PM   #1
Attizh
Excating

In another post I requested an addon to help with Scrying and Exacating. Since this would be impossible to be practical, I moved my request here.

I'm can't get any further than purple with excavations and even then I might run out of time. So, I need a detailed and illustrated "Excavating for Dummies" or YT videos to explain in detail what they are doing.

For scrying I usually go a vertical line up in the middle and a snow crystal left and right 1 hexagon down of the vertical line. Then I try to make any hexagon the same and/or fill in the blanks. This will give me a good result, but I might not reach all the targets. This is not a big deal as it only give me extra areas to explore.

Now with excavating I divide the map into 4 quarters and augur search each in its center till I find a yellow or green spot. Now I go in a checkerboard formation to find a green spot if I only got a yellow spot. Sometimes I am unlucky and my search bar is empty with no green spots.

Now I will level a 3x3 area around that green spot, so I can use the heavy shovel. After that I dig the green spot clear and now I have to guess the overall shape of the treasure. The 3x3 area must have at least 2 good spots and I augur search once more. With 2 green spots detected I try to find more. Usually I start digging all the green spots and hope to find the blanks.

I don't use the trowel as I always damage the treasure with it. Is its goal to trigger (multiple) fissure explosions? After finding the treasure I dig 1 a single spot and use the trowel the next spot to search for extra smaller treasures.

Is the trowel also used as a last resort when you run out of moves and need to clear up a last spot quickly hoping it will clear up the full treasure without completely destroying it?

Last edited by Attizh : 03/24/22 at 02:41 PM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » Excating