Quantcast IDE Recommendations? - ESOUI
Thread Tools Display Modes
06/30/18, 09:20 PM   #1
hawkeye1889
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 22
IDE Recommendations?

I'm looking for an IDE that supports auto completion for eso api that is up to date ie 100023 any suggestions?


Thanks
  Reply With Quote
07/01/18, 03:45 AM   #2
Patros
 
Patros's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
See www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820 and http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776 .

One thread is IntelliJ with a generated API file for autocompletion. The other one is a custom plugin for a LUA-Editor.
  Reply With Quote
07/01/18, 04:43 AM   #3
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,815
I'm using IntelliJ and try to keep the api files up 2 date. Takes some time, but you are able to check most files also within the wiki or esoui only code at github.
  Reply With Quote
07/12/18, 01:29 AM   #4
Patros
 
Patros's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
There is also something for Eclipse LDT now: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2...ocomplete.html
  Reply With Quote
11/04/18, 09:30 AM   #5
cloudor
 
cloudor's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 10
And I have done some hack work on LDT to support more features,
https://cdn.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7924

I will release the patches after I have made my addons up to date.
  Reply With Quote
11/30/18, 09:47 AM   #6
raycrios
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
VSCode is the best free IDE supporting many languages, including Lua and is VERY fast.

  Reply With Quote
11/30/18, 01:24 PM   #7
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,815
Does VSCode support any auto-completion markups/files so one can add support for the Elder Scrolls Online API?
  Reply With Quote
11/30/18, 01:40 PM   #8
sirinsidiator
 
sirinsidiator's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,152
Not directly, but one can write a plugin to extend the Lua language server which provides the autocompletion underneath. I looked into it a while ago, but felt that it is too early to switch over from eclipse, since VScode is rather unstable (api-wise) and changes a lot between its monthly releases and it also doesn't yet support all the features I'd like it to have. Maybe I'll give it another look next year.
__________________
>siri.exe MyAddon
Does your addon work? [y/n] n
There is a typo in there.
  Reply With Quote
12/01/18, 03:16 AM   #9
raycrios
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Does VSCode support any auto-completion markups/files so one can add support for the Elder Scrolls Online API?
Yes, it actually does.
  Reply With Quote
12/01/18, 03:18 AM   #10
raycrios
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Not directly, but one can write a plugin to extend the Lua language server which provides the autocompletion underneath. I looked into it a while ago, but felt that it is too early to switch over from eclipse, since VScode is rather unstable (api-wise) and changes a lot between its monthly releases and it also doesn't yet support all the features I'd like it to have. Maybe I'll give it another look next year.
Which exactly features are missing in VSCode?
  Reply With Quote
12/01/18, 07:01 AM   #11
sirinsidiator
 
sirinsidiator's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,152
Originally Posted by raycrios View Post
Which exactly features are missing in VSCode?
There are too many to count. Some small, some big. For example proper window handling for multiple monitors (Right now when I drag a tab to a second monitor, it will copy that file to desktop. I would expect it to open a new window for it in that case). Or the lack of a way to show all TODOs and issues in the workspace. Or a simple way to set all the default keybinds to use eclipse shortcuts (other IDEs like android studio can do that via a dropdown).
I could probably write plugins to take care of most of these issues, but with the way they churn out updates every month, I feel it would be a waste of time right now, since it could become obsolete quite quickly.
__________________
>siri.exe MyAddon
Does your addon work? [y/n] n
There is a typo in there.
  Reply With Quote
12/01/18, 11:20 AM   #12
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling
 
Dolby's Avatar
Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,149
I use VS Code for most things but I do agree proper multi-monitor support is needed. They did add window pinning inside the VS Code frame and that's ok if you just have 1 large monitor but doesnt help multi-monitor setups.

They should drop the Visual Studio name from it because most people don't use it for VS.

* There are few TODO plugins that probably do what you want, I also see a eclipse keymap plugin too.

Last edited by Dolby : 12/01/18 at 11:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
12/01/18, 07:45 PM   #13
Drakanwulf
 
Drakanwulf's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I use VS Code for most things but I do agree proper multi-monitor support is needed. They did add window pinning inside the VS Code frame and that's ok if you just have 1 large monitor but doesnt help multi-monitor setups.

They should drop the Visual Studio name from it because most people don't use it for VS.

* There are few TODO plugins that probably do what you want, I also see a eclipse keymap plugin too.
And what might be worse, some people may think that VS Code is a Microsoft Product...
__________________
Hope this helps ...
Drakanwulf, the dire wolf that hunts dragons!
  Reply With Quote
12/02/18, 04:00 AM   #14
sirinsidiator
 
sirinsidiator's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,152
Originally Posted by Drakanwulf View Post
And what might be worse, some people may think that VS Code is a Microsoft Product...
It actually is
__________________
>siri.exe MyAddon
Does your addon work? [y/n] n
There is a typo in there.
  Reply With Quote
12/05/18, 01:43 PM   #15
Architecture
 
Architecture's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
VS Code definitely is from Microsoft. It was not intended to replace Visual Studio entirely, but it is akin to Atom or Sublime with some extra IDE bells and whistles via its plugin / extension repository while keeping it lightweight.

Fun fact, you can also technically run the editor for VS Code in a web browser (see Monaco Editor on MS GitHub) -- the desktop client is basically using Electron shell (or similar) iirc? FWIW...
  Reply With Quote

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » IDE Recommendations?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off